HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seriously, Should Gainey sign Price to a 10+ year contract?

Old
04-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Pedro McGuire*

vCash: 500
a few years ago I would think that idea is RETARDED but! in this new Salary cap Era i gotta say... YES.. I cant beleive im saying that but seriously its becoming impossible to build a Dynasty anymore cause of the cap! its definetly a different twist on the game. I think 10 years is not Really Gainey's kinda style but he will adapt im sure.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:32 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcortex View Post
Price will stay with Montreal because
  • It's his favourite team
  • He doesnt have to pay taxes
How do you know this? And yeah, he's gotta pay hella taxes if he's going to be working in this welfare state of a province.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
How do you know this? And yeah, he's gotta pay hella taxes if he's going to be working in this welfare state of a province.
He's native.... tax exempt in Canada.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie3636 View Post
Cause thats ****ing retarded!! You dont give a guy a ****in 10 year deal just because of one year!! Like *** are you gonna do if he pulls a Theodore?!? if he's got a 10 year deal and he's playing like ****ing Raycroft out there, how do you expect Gainey to unload him?!?

****in Think about it!!
If you were smart and read the ENTIRE post, i clearly say look at the possibilty AFTER the next 2 years of his entry level contract

Nor did i EVER say this is what I WANT, But merely something to be DISCUSSED, Crissake... Alot of you people dont understand discussion, everyone thinks im ordering gainey to do this

Others have said "its not gaineys style" "what has bob gainey done to indiciate he would ever give price 10 years"

Are you guys serious? , ...he FORCES the AHL coach to start price, and the AHL coach was PISSED about it, he FORCES carbo to put him on the team, carbo was obviously THRILLEd about the idea, ..he TRADES cristobal huet who was havinga great season, to FORCE Carbo to have Price as a starting goalie

Not considering what Price has done in such a short career... Um, Gaineys shown plenty of incentive he is practicaly ready to sleep with the kid for crying out loud.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
If you were smart and read the ENTIRE post, i clearly say look at the possibilty AFTER the next 2 years of his entry level contract

Nor did i EVER say this is what I WANT, But merely something to be DISCUSSED, Crissake... Alot of you people dont understand discussion, everyone thinks im ordering gainey to do this

Others have said "its not gaineys style" "what has bob gainey done to indiciate he would ever give price 10 years"

Are you guys serious? , ...he FORCES the AHL coach to start price, and the AHL coach was PISSED about it, he FORCES carbo to put him on the team, carbo was obviously THRILLEd about the idea, ..he TRADES cristobal huet who was havinga great season, to FORCE Carbo to have Price as a starting goalie

Not considering what Price has done in such a short career... Um, Gaineys shown plenty of incentive he is practicaly ready to sleep with the kid for crying out loud.
Its not the first time Gainey has done something like this..... Gainey and the other team vets went to the coach and demanded that Patrick Roy start the playoffs.... Look what happened there..... I trust Gainey's judgment.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote