HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2008, 08:24 PM
  #101
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Pitt and Detroit, both in 5.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
  #102
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,367
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh in 6
Detroit in 6

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 12:56 AM
  #103
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I'm calling Dallas over Detroit. I just really don't see Detroit NOT choking and Dallas has been extremely hot. This will be the first time Detroit faces a real good goalie.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
  #104
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I'm calling Dallas over Detroit. I just really don't see Detroit NOT choking and Dallas has been extremely hot. This will be the first time Detroit faces a real good goalie.
I would love to see Detroit lose and see Dallas in the Finals. I really don't like the Red Wings, and their fans are like Yankees(MLB) fans. It's because they are so use to winning, they don't know anything else.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
  #105
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm calling Pitt in 7 and Detroit in 5
I'm changing my picks!!! PIT over PHI in 6 & I will agree with Rattrick and go with Dallas over Detroit in 7.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
  #106
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I will call the same but the games in reverse!

PIT over PHI in 6
DET over DAL in 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I'm changing my picks!!! PIT over PHI in 6 & I will agree with Rattrick and go with Dallas over Detroit in 7.
Good choice - I'm still sticking with DET in 6, but I do think if DET doesn't get it done in 6, Dallas would take a game 7.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2008, 01:59 PM
  #107
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,811
vCash: 500
Im calling it now, Flyers over Penguins in 7. Just watch. It will happen. PIT hasnt been tested yet, and Philly already knocked off WAS and MON. Philly already won the season series in the regular season, plus these are division rivals. This will be a fun series to watch. Flyers with the upset.

In the West, Detroit over Dallas in 6. Detroit has got it rolling on all cylinders, but Dallas wont go away easy.

Detroit over Philly in the Stanley Cup Finals.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 07:01 AM
  #108
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,760
vCash: 500
Well, my 3rd round prediction was 2/2. Pittsburgh vs. Detroit.

I'm going to buck conventional wisdom here and say Pittsburgh will win the series in 5.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 07:37 AM
  #109
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
No one can stop Crosby AND Malkin.

Pittsburgh in 7. What you are seeing is the beginning of a dynasty.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
  #110
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
I haven't really watched most of the playoffs due to being so busy and not being such a big fan of many of the teams who got to play in the the NHL's second season, but this should be an excellent Cup series between two teams that surely deserve to be there. I'm predicting a Red Wings Cup win in 6 games, but I'm hoping the Pens somehow come out as the Champions.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
  #111
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,367
vCash: 500
Crosby, despite leading the playoffs with 21 points, has only had an average playoffs so far. That in itself is further proof that he is the best player in the world right now. If he steps it up to the level he CAN play at, Pittsburgh will win the Cup. If he doesn't, Detroit is going to take it home.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:21 PM
  #112
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,447
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
I honestly think it could go either way in this series.

I'm looking forward to it, and hope it goes to the 7th game. I have no preference who wins, as both teams deserve to be there and are fun to watch.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 08:33 PM
  #113
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Crosby, despite leading the playoffs with 21 points, has only had an average playoffs so far. That in itself is further proof that he is the best player in the world right now. If he steps it up to the level he CAN play at, Pittsburgh will win the Cup. If he doesn't, Detroit is going to take it home.
He isn't even the best player on his team, how is he the best in the world then?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
  #114
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
He isn't even the best player on his team, how is he the best in the world then?
No way is Malkin better than Crosby.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 09:36 AM
  #115
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
No way is Malkin better than Crosby.
We can agree to disagree then. Malkin and Ovechkin are better than Crosby IMO.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM
  #116
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
We can agree to disagree then. Malkin and Ovechkin are better than Crosby IMO.
Crosby had the highest points per game ratio then every player in the NHL (i think) but his point total and overall effictivness was forgotten because he only played a little over half a season when others had close to 80. He also led a team (and a franchise) to the East Finals twice, and once now to the Cup Finals. I think the scale goes Ovechkin > Crosby = Malkin.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2008, 05:48 PM
  #117
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Crosby had the highest points per game ratio then every player in the NHL (i think) but his point total and overall effictivness was forgotten because he only played a little over half a season when others had close to 80. He also led a team (and a franchise) to the East Finals twice, and once now to the Cup Finals. I think the scale goes Ovechkin > Crosby = Malkin.
You've certainly got one thing right - they're all pretty close which is a great thing for the NHL. I don't think another professional league has what the NHL has right now and sadly, nobody watches.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2008, 07:23 PM
  #118
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Roberts to sit out game 1. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=238660&l...s=topStory_nhl

And there goes all my reasons for me being OK with Pittsburgh winning the Cup. I don't much care for either team, but if not for Roberts, i don't want to see the Pens dive their way to a Cup victory.

I'm calling Detroit in 6!

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 09:39 AM
  #119
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,760
vCash: 500
Well, Pittsburgh's alive for another day after getting Detroit into a run&gun in the last few minutes. Not disciplined play by the Wings, and I'm happy Still, only delays the inevitable. I'm guessing Laus723 may be right in his prediction from May 23.

Not much activity on this thread - I'm going to unsticky.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
  #120
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Crazy game last night. I didn't want to cheer for either team, but will take the Pens over Detroit every day all day long.

Sadly, I think the Wings take the Cup tomorrow night.

Good to see Gary Roberts playing.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
  #121
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
I was very glad to see the game end that way last night. Not just because I'm rooting for the Pens against the Wings, but more that we will see another NHL hockey game before October. Plus, who could argue that last night's three overtimes were all so incredibly exciting. I hope to see a repeat tomorrow night, but I assume as well that the Wings will have recovered and probably take the victory.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 04:17 PM
  #122
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I was very glad to see the game end that way last night. Not just because I'm rooting for the Pens against the Wings, but more that we will see another NHL hockey game before October. Plus, who could argue that last night's three overtimes were all so incredibly exciting. I hope to see a repeat tomorrow night, but I assume as well that the Wings will have recovered and probably take the victory.
I watched till the end of the 2nd intermission. Unfortunately I had to work this morning (still here!) and had to go to sleep before the conclusion of the game.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
  #123
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I watched till the end of the 2nd intermission. Unfortunately I had to work this morning (still here!) and had to go to sleep before the conclusion of the game.
It's alright. I don't think it was one of those incredible endings that shocked the world. I think everyone in the building and watching at home knew there was a good chance of the Pens would win the game with a 4 minute powerplay despite the Red Wings owning them for the part throughout the game. I'm hoping that they carry the momentum somehow into Game 6 and win again, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
  #124
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
It's alright. I don't think it was one of those incredible endings that shocked the world. I think everyone in the building and watching at home knew there was a good chance of the Pens would win the game with a 4 minute powerplay despite the Red Wings owning them for the part throughout the game. I'm hoping that they carry the momentum somehow into Game 6 and win again, but it's definitely not going to be easy.
They'll do it if they remember how hard and desperate they played in the last 5 minutes of regulation in the last game, and play that way from the beginning.

As I said, they forced Detroit to play their game at the end, which is the doom of every team based on defensive play - to get caught in a run-and-gun. Still, the Pens barely managed any offense during that run.


Last edited by Acadmus: 06-04-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 12:21 AM
  #125
Cats Gambler
 
Cats Gambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
Well, Detroit wins...and now comes the offseason!

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.