HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

''Habs are a soft team'' -Bruins Fans

Old
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Naoned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by janniem View Post
Aw, c'mon - don't generalize. I've been a Bruins fan for 40 years and I totally expected us to go down in 5.
There I'm proved wrong.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Oh man, I think I saw this comment at least 10 times by reading Bruins fans lol. Do they have anything else to say? =P
Firstly, compared to the Bruins, it's true. You don't get much tougher than having Chara, Alberts, and Stuart all on the back end, not to mention the guys up front.

Secondly, what should the Bruins fans be saying? They need to find some facet where they're better than the Habs. They're not going to say the Bs have a more fiery offense, or a better PP. Of course they're going to focuse on the toughness issue, they always do. And, as in the last two playoff series between these teams, toughness won't help them at all.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Stradale

We are better than the Bruins in EVERY aspects of the game. They cant say what they want for their moral victory, but the best team will win the series and deep down inside, they all know its not the Bruins.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The problem with him is that he doesn't show his methodology... although it seems alright, it might still be biased.. the only way to know is by showing how you do it... which he doesn't.
I would also like to see his methodology, but as far as I'm concerned his numbers are far closer to the truth than nhl.com RTSS stats. There is little doubt Montreal is one of the most generous arenas in the league in terms of awarding hits. 18 in the last road game 29 and 31 in the next home games.

That doesn't make us soft by any means, Komisarek is one of the best hitters in the league and Hamrlik and Bouillon deserve to be up there. Bégin, Kostopoulos, Latendresse, Lapierre and are good bottom six forwards in terms of landing hits and establishing a forecheck. They aren't the most physical bottom six guys, and they aren't going to intimidate anyone with their fighting skills, but they are good skaters (minus Lats) who understand their roles and certainly aren't soft.

Finally, our skill forwards are underrated in terms of physicality. A. Kost's overall game has grown leaps and bounds this year but one aspect of his game that gets little attention is his physical play; he goes to the front of the net, finishes his checks well, has a great deal of upper body strength, but most importantly has shown to be a pretty smart hitter. Doesn't get out of position to hit, but if he can land a good one and make you pay, he'll do it. (This was especially evident towards the end of the year imo.) Overall our top six guys aren't physical beasts, and we don't have an intimidating powerforward, but we have skilled players who understand the game and aren't afraid to get their noses dirty to finish off plays.

That said, the Bruins have a very physical team, especially on the backend. Chara, Ward and Stuart log big minutes and play a physical game. Ference can also throw his weight around. Up front they have Lucic who is turning into a beast and their bottom six is filled with role players who can really throw their weight around.

Should be interesting, and it shouldn't shock anybody to see the Bruins get an edge physically, but that doesn't make the Habs a soft team.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 10:55 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
just nod and smile, nod and smile

agree with everything they say

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I mean we got Komisarek, Kostopoulos, Bouillon, Bégin and O'Byrn that can put up a fight with anyone, and hit hard during the game, we got Lats (that can put a couple of quick punchs one time every 82 games), Lapierre (can fight but will loose), S. Kostityn (can also fight), Georges (can also fight), Stewart (if he ever plays during the series, and can also fight) and Hamrlick that can give and receive hits all around the ice, A Kost, Higgins, Ryder and Kovalev can receive hits as much as you can give they're big and strong, even Markov and Plecanek have been playing hard lately. Plus Koivu is a freaking warior even if he's not into the physical game. We dont have a goon that will fight everyone but we played hard against the Bruins and the Flyers this year, we look tougher than them most of the time. I dont see where we're soft. Put Vinny in that team and you get my dream team.

I've been reading the CBC playoff preview and they say that our weakness are that we dont score in 5-on-5 situations, we dont have secondary scoring and we dont have the depth to survive the losses... never read so much ******** in one paragraph, and i've read one chapter from Mien Kampf.

This is worst than PJ Stock's own assesment last night...

Hockey experts schmexperts..

The Habs might be soft, but I've never seen anything as soft as a cuddly Boston carebear...

Last edited by Ozymandias: 04-07-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:23 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Oh man, I think I saw this comment at least 10 times by reading Bruins fans lol. Do they have anything else to say? =P
So basically, their definition of a soft team is a team that beats their team 8x a season out of 8????

Hrmm I wonder what that makes them? A crappy team that barely made the playoffs?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
''Habs are a soft team'' -Bruins Fans

''Habs are a soft team'' -Bruins Fight Fans

I think it's more accurate to say that our fight fans consider the Canadiens to be a soft team.

misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:02 PM
torero

YEAHHH MAN

Habs are a soft team that will kick you out the race for the cup.

GoHabsGo
GoSensGo

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Habsfan18

let them say what they want to say.

Just like in the regular season, we'll let our play do the talking.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:08 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
So basically, their definition of a soft team is a team that beats their team 8x a season out of 8????

Hrmm I wonder what that makes them? A crappy team that barely made the playoffs?

Good Habs are not a hard team !!

I somwhere feel that Bruins may be a hard team !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
let them say what they want to say.

Just like in the regular season, we'll let our play do the talking.
YEAHHH

they talk with words

Habs talk with the puck ... and so far about victories of Habs over Bruins , their was nothing to say !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

Thats the only thing that the Bruin and their fans could come up with.

The forgot that the Bruins lost 8 games this season to Montreal because the Habs are too fast and too skilled for the slow, dumb Bruins to compete with!!!!

Pay no attention to Bruins fans....they are just like the Leafs fans, always saying that their team is going to win the cup this year, but yet they either don't make the playoffs or get put out in the first round.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
dlandry77

We should not take the bruins lightely but I like our chances. As for being thungs, the Bruins that is who cares. We have more talent and who cares of what Don Cherry has to say. Don't fool yourself with toughness and thugs. We have Speed, skill and the best fan base in the league. I would put money on that!!

GO HABS GO

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
jcpenny

The teams who gave us the most fits this year were the Rangers, Detroit and San Jose. They didnt beat us with toughness, they made us look bad with their skill, speed and execution. Thats how you beat the habs, beat them at their own game.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Habss4Life

if we are soft....i'm wondering what they are

Habss4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
icerocket

I love playoff hockey! The best part is the trash talking that goes between fans. HELL YEAH!!

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
peperebougon*

character>toughness

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 01:54 PM
TSV

Send a message via MSN to TSV
better goalie
better defense
better offense

ok we are softer hehe
they know they have no chance... komisarek will have alot of energy to throw around... softy komi

my friend is a big bruins fans, he already thrown the towell, it was the worst case scenario for bostoton

by the way, at least they have the tallest player

Last edited by TSV: 04-07-2008 at 02:47 PM.
TSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Pax Macioretty

That video said alot

We probably have the best D core except for Detroit in the NHL. Our defensmens are big, mobile, punishing and very talented. We have every job covered. Imagine next year when O'Byrne will be a full timer, not to mention Mcdonagh Emelin and Valentenko coming sooner or later. Our D is our biggest advantage againts the Bruins

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Naoned

Not sure we're tough, but we're definitely bad:

Habs: one purse
Bruins: zero.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That video said alot

We probably have the best D core except for Detroit in the NHL. Our defensmens are big, mobile, punishing and very talented. We have every job covered. Imagine next year when O'Byrne will be a full timer, not to mention Mcdonagh Emelin and Valentenko coming sooner or later. Our D is our biggest advantage againts the Bruins
I think you said it all. You nailed it better than Demers could ever have.

What is the + value of a guy who can throw a punch? How does that help with either putting the damn puck in the net, or preventing the other side to do the same?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
BeliveauFan4ever

Hmmm...

Boston fans think Montreal is "soft"?

That's an odd thing for them to say.

I hear the Bruins are finalizing plans w/ Disney to allow the B's to use
Winnie The Pooh for their new logo.

BeliveauFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
We are better than the Bruins in EVERY aspects of the game. They cant say what they want for their moral victory, but the best team will win the series and deep down inside, they all know its not the Bruins.
Bruins fans thought the exact same thing the last two playoffs meeting. And yet we beat them. Do not be over confident

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Habskrieg

Let them think we're soft, who cares?
The bigger they are the harder they fall...

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote