HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Bar in NYC

Old
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Every time I've been to stout to watch a game they've had the sound off on the game and there were people there who looked pissed off that there were rangers fans watching the game.

Harrington's turns the sound ON and everyone who's at the bar is there to watch the game. The bartenders are super nice and often wear rangers jerseys. They've got autographed photos of Jagr, Shanahan and Henrik on the walls as well as photos from 94.

I'd like to try some of the other bars mentioned but I just keep going back to Harrington's. It's right next to the garden. Feels like home.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Salz

vCash: 500
Stout is a nice bar but the sound wasn't on for the game and it was to crowded. I might try out Harrington's. I don't like Blarney Rock at all. I haven't been to Blarney Stone yet.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:14 PM
nyrmetros

Any updates on Rangers bars??

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
irishlaxburger2

Went to Blarney Rock (next to Stout) last night before the game. Really good food (boneless wings and pastrami sandwich were awesome), lots of Ranger fans, and good music/atmosphere. Was in MSG for the game though so I'm not really sure how the atmosphere is in there during the game. I'd definitely recommend it for pre-game beers and food though.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
nyrmetros

What's the best place to go for Rangers road games. I really want a place where lots of Rangers fans go and drink and watch the game and yell obscenities at the tv.

Old
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
The real question is, where are the Ranger bars in Vegas?

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 03:04 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Im flying in from Norway for the game on nov 6th with a friend. We would like to grab a couple of drinks before the game.
We will probably arrive by train (penn station) so we will be looking for a bar close to the garden to relax and have a few beers. We would like to enter the garden right when it opens as we would like to walk around and enjoy the building, watch the pre game skate and so on. How long prior to a game do they open the garden??
Anyone recommend a good bar close to the Garden which will have Rangers fans there?

Maybe ill even see some of you there:-)

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
We've had so many of these threads over the years and I'll say the same thing I always say: Blue Moon on 75th and 1st is a genuinely hockey-centred restaurant/bar. Others have pointed out that it is part owned by James Patrick. As such it is as much (or even more) a Sabres bar than a Rangers bar, but I'm willing to bet that it will show ALL the playoff hockey games.

On 78th, across the avenue, there is also Bar Coastal, which isn't a hockey bar by any stretch, but does give hockey a fairer shake than most.
wow i live on 1st ave literally across from the blue moon (b/w 74 and 75) and never knew it was a good spot for hockey games...definitely gotta check it out...maybe we can plan a get together or something.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Im flying in from Norway for the game on nov 6th with a friend. We would like to grab a couple of drinks before the game.
We will probably arrive by train (penn station) so we will be looking for a bar close to the garden to relax and have a few beers. We would like to enter the garden right when it opens as we would like to walk around and enjoy the building, watch the pre game skate and so on. How long prior to a game do they open the garden??
Anyone recommend a good bar close to the Garden which will have Rangers fans there?

Maybe ill even see some of you there:-)
I'll be at the game with my buddy in section 333 and if I can get out of work on time we'll be grabbing a beer or two at Harrington's (http://www.harringtonsbar.com/harringtonsbar.html) which is a short block away from the main entrance to the garden on 7th ave.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
wow i live on 1st ave literally across from the blue moon (b/w 74 and 75) and never knew it was a good spot for hockey games...definitely gotta check it out...maybe we can plan a get together or something.
yea the Blue Moon is a hockey bar.

Old
10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Blazephr

I'm having a brain fart. what's the damn name of the bar that the players usually go to after the games? its right across from the Garden.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2008, 10:20 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
I'm having a brain fart. what's the damn name of the bar that the players usually go to after the games? its right across from the Garden.

Cafe 31 ?

Old
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
CaptainBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
It's Local

Cafe 31 gets some retired players like Fotiu and Gresch and Esa.

CaptainBlueshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 12:05 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
basically anywhere in penn station restaurants on a game night..i went into houlihans after a game and found one of my old coaches bombed.

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
jasonponty

I think Bar-Coastal (78&1) is continuing the Molson promotion they had last year for all this years Rangers games.

jasonponty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
nyrmetros

So what bar is everyone going to tonight for the game?

Old
01-01-2009, 07:59 PM
nyrmetros

Sp any updates on good hockey bars?