HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's Your Favorite Panther Memory!!!!

Old
05-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

vCash: 500
What's Your Favorite Panther Memory!!!!

There are many to choose from. Let's see, There is Horton's Penalty shot goal in Philly when he was 18 becoming the youngest ever to score a Penalty shot goal, and then there was the Hordichuk fight with Worrell(When he was with Colorado) at the BAC. I remember the grin on Worrell's face (like your too small you can't fight me). At that moment Hordy got real shot in there and knocked Worrell on his *ss!!!

Both of those are up there, but I would have to say that my favorite Panther Memory of all time was Bill Lindsay driving past Ray Bourque forcing him to pull him down and still score "The Goal" off balance and falling. It would also end up being the game winning goal that sent the Bruins packing and the Panthers on to the second round of the Play-offs during the year of the rat!!!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Acadmus

The offensive wonders that were Paul Laus and Terry Carkner scoring the equalizing goals in the third period in a 5-5 tie with Boston.

05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
There are many to choose from. Let's see, There is Horton's Penalty shot goal in Philly when he was 18 becoming the youngest ever to score a Penalty shot goal, and then there was the Hordichuk fight with Worrell(When he was with Colorado) at the BAC. I remember the grin on Worrell's face (like your too small you can't fight me). At that moment Hordy got real shot in there and knocked Worrell on his *ss!!!

Both of those are up there, but I would have to say that my favorite Panther Memory of all time was Bill Lindsay driving past Ray Bourque forcing him to pull him down and still score "The Goal" off balance and falling. It would also end up being the game winning goal that sent the Bruins packing and the Panthers on to the second round of the Play-offs during the year of the rat!!!
I took my girlfriend at the time to that Boston game in 96. Actually, that was our first date. I was 20 rows behind the net when Lindsay made that goal. What an experience. The downer for me that season was being the 2nd person in line at Marshalls 3 in the morning for the SC tickets, only to have them come out and do a lottery 30 minutes before the doors open. I went from number two to like 200.

I can say that Ive experienced more memories at Heat games than Panther games, even though Ive had season tix for seven years now. If I had to think of a few, one would be that amazing game Luongo had against Detroit a few years back. The one where Bouw iced the puck, which lead to Detroit tying the game on the ensuing play.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Growing up in West Palm and without a lot of money to go to games, I don't have any real memories at the old arena (saw them tie Hartford, I think... I was 8).

But I did get to go to the Canucks game in February. It was such a heart-breaker to be down in the third, but the eruption with Weiss's goal was great. It's not playoff hockey but it was a hell of a night.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
My 1rst and 2nd games i've seen live

95´We win Hartford 3-0 in Miami. I was all awww shocked the whole first period as the atmosphere was so awesome nothing like I had ever seen or dreamed about as in Finland there is no atmosphere at games. I remember big guy yelling out "Lets Go Panthers" chants from the top row and every1 joined in. The game rocked too. Laus with couple fights.. Mellanby with couple goals.

My 2nd game in 2001. 6-0 win over Anaheim. Luongo got the shutout and Hagman scored his first NHL goal and I got to meet the Panthers after the game in the lockerroom

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:

Actually, as awesome as "The Goal" was, my favorite memory was when Garpenlov iced Game 7 against Pittsburgh and knowing we would be going to the finals, and seeing all the boys celebrating on the ice after the final horn and posing around the Prince of Wales trophy. We haven't had much since then that can top that, IMO.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
PanthersRule96

I was too young in 96 to be totally obsessed as a panther fan. I got my start then as my parents knew Straka and went to the finals with tickets from his family, but my most defining moment since I really was a hardcore panthers fan (starting around 1997-1998) was Pavel Bure's first goal as a panther, when he broke in against the islanders and did that move, and his celebration right after, with the one hand in the air with his stick as he turned back around up the boards just made it such an awesome moment.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I was too young in 96 to be totally obsessed as a panther fan. I got my start then as my parents knew Straka and went to the finals with tickets from his family, but my most defining moment since I really was a hardcore panthers fan (starting around 1997-1998) was Pavel Bure's first goal as a panther, when he broke in against the islanders and did that move, and his celebration right after, with the one hand in the air with his stick as he turned back around up the boards just made it such an awesome moment.
Yeah, that was cool too. Some of Bure's goals would definitely be up there for me.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Actually, as awesome as "The Goal" was, my favorite memory was when Garpenlov iced Game 7 against Pittsburgh and knowing we would be going to the finals, and seeing all the boys celebrating on the ice after the final horn and posing around the Prince of Wales trophy. We haven't had much since then that can top that, IMO.
Yeah, that one is definately one of the greatest moments in Panthers history!

Old
05-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Yeah, that was cool too. Some of Bure's goals would definitely be up there for me.
Yeah, & he had a lot of them to choose from. My favorite Bure goal was when the other teams defenceman was starting to leave the zone with the puck and in comes Bure around the net and from behind just taps the players stick up and steals the puck, goes in all alone and scores on the goalie.

Old
05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Yeah, & he had a lot of them to choose from. My favorite Bure goal was when the other teams defenceman was starting to leave the zone with the puck and in comes Bure around the net and from behind just taps the players stick up and steals the puck, goes in all alone and scores on the goalie.
That was against Boston. I remember that game, we ended up losing, as usual back then lol.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
i think in 2000-2001 Bure scoring on a 1 on 3.

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 11:55 AM
VirtualSpree

The '96 run, which just depresses me just thinking about it and how long ago it was

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Slick Cat

1. Fitzgerald's winning goal against Barrasso in game 7
2. Jovanovski demolishing erica Lindros
3. Bure's first three games on the road against NYI, NYR and PHI, including that goal on beezer from behind the goal line
4. Bure almost every night after that
5. Ference manhandling Mario Lemieux in that game we crushed them in Pitt and mario got so frustrated that he had to fight him and Ference graciously held on instead of pummeling him like he should have. Classic, I wish there was a clip on youtube.
Anyone?
6. in a game we were winning against philly at the end, Keith Jones lines up against Nieds on the neutral zone draw and tries to start a fight, TM sends in Worrell for Nieds who lines up and demolishes Jones at the whistle
7. Paul Laus
8. Closing the old and classic forum in Philly with an overtime playoff win, and then opening up the following season in their first game int he new building and beating them again, with a guy named Smyth with the winning goal (I hate everything philly)
9. Raining rats
10. although it was at the end of a loss, seeing the stanley cup awarded and paraded on the ice IN PERSON

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
3. Bure's first three games on the road against NYI, NYR and PHI, including that goal on beezer from behind the goal line
5. Ference manhandling Mario Lemieux in that game we crushed them in Pitt and mario got so frustrated that he had to fight him and Ference graciously held on instead of pummeling him like he should have. Classic, I wish there was a clip on youtube.
Anyone?
6. in a game we were winning against philly at the end, Keith Jones lines up against Nieds on the neutral zone draw and tries to start a fight, TM sends in Worrell for Nieds who lines up and demolishes Jones at the whistle
7. Paul Laus
8. Closing the old and classic forum in Philly with an overtime playoff win, and then opening up the following season in their first game int he new building and beating them again, with a guy named Smyth with the winning goal (I hate everything philly)
9. Raining rats
10. although it was at the end of a loss, seeing the stanley cup awarded and paraded on the ice IN PERSON
Not cool. My user ID is Beezer and I started the thread. J/K, lol.

Old
05-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Here's a couple more:

Parrish's 4 goal game for Florida as a rookie.

Olli scoring a goal in the All-Star game that was held in the BAC.

Old
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Not cool. My user ID is Beezer and I started the thread. J/K, lol.
Alright, how about I add the abundance of highlight reel saves Beezer made in that palyoff run, including two overtime glove saves on Ozolinsh from in close.

Old
05-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
5. Ference manhandling Mario Lemieux in that game we crushed them in Pitt and mario got so frustrated that he had to fight him and Ference graciously held on instead of pummeling him like he should have. Classic, I wish there was a clip on youtube.Anyone?
7. Paul Laus
9. Raining rats
Here you go. And have to agree with most of your favorites, especially Laus and the Rats!

05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Here you go. And have to agree with most of your favorites, especially Laus and the Rats!
Awesome, what is the title on youtube? I'd like to save on my youtube account

THANKS

Old
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Awesome, what is the title on youtube? I'd like to save on my youtube account

THANKS

found them under Ference Lemieux but I remember lloking for this before and it wasn't there

Old
05-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
found them under Ference Lemieux but I remember lloking for this before and it wasn't there
Neither was the water bottle incident. Guess it's new(er).

*Edit, just looked and this was added on January 30th.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQQUSwXaN-4

Here is Hordy knocking down Worrell!!!

Last edited by Beezer: 05-10-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old
05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQQUSwXaN-4

Here is Hordy knocking down Worrell!!!
Yeah that was awesome! Never should've gotten rid of Hordi. One of the best fighters in the league even though he's not a heavyweight. Stupid Keenan!

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Heimy

2 things stick out

The entire 95-96 season was unbelievably exciting. The atmosphere at the arena was electric and it just grew and grew as the season went on.

The draft day deal when Murray swiped Luongo and Jokinen from Mad Mike. I walked around with a smile on my face for weeks.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
You know, I knew I remembered Ference getting the crap beaten out of him in that fight. Don't know if you're sarcastic about Ference "graciously held on" or not, but frankly what really happened is he turtled and never had a chance.

Lemieux was one tough hombre when he needed to be - part of what made him such a great player, that he wasn't so small and non-physical as Gretzky.

Plus, Ference wasn't that big Still - it was a great game for him, and lessee...Lemieux in the box for 5 and Ference in the box for 5...which team comes up short on that trade?

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote