HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Quintal's new computer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2004, 03:13 PM
  #1
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
OT: Quintal's new computer

I've heard from a sure source that Stéphane Quintal just got his computer, a mac G5: the most powerful personal computer (as advertized on tv).
For what use?
For his fabulous wine collection. He will use a data base software to know exactly when he bought a bottle, when is the best time to open it, classify different categories of wine, for what meal to match a wine bottle, etc.
The computer consultant who installed the whole kit is M. Ro__gue (I hide his complete name), a computer consultant who have for customers le Journal de Montréal, Stéphane Laporte, Dominique Michel and many other Quebec artists.

I know it's a kindda lady's tea conversation interest but it's true since my source is 100% reliable.

HABitude is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:18 PM
  #2
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I've heard from a sure source that Stéphane Quintal just got his computer, a mac G5: the most powerful personal computer (as advertized on tv).
For what use?
For his fabulous wine collection. He will use a data base software to know exactly when he bought a bottle, when is the best time to open it, classify different categories of wine, for what meal to match a wine bottle, etc.
The computer consultant who installed the whole kit is M. Ro__gue (I hide his complete name), a computer consultant who have for customers le Journal de Montréal, Stéphane Laporte, Dominique Michel and many other Quebec artists.

I know it's a kindda lady's tea conversation interest but it's true since my source is 100% reliable.
wow j'en ai le poil de jambe tout énervé :p

obcd1 is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:23 PM
  #3
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
On se calme OK! De ce que j'ai entendu il a aussi fait installer un... ANTIVIRUS! OMG@!


Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:23 PM
  #4
Moumni_Bachir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Moumni_Bachir
On sait pas! Quintal est peut etre parmis nous...Moumni_Bachir Quintal...ça sonne mal finalement

Moumni_Bachir is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
  #5
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Voulez-vous ben me dire pourquoi vous parlez de ça??!!??

IcE ColD is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:33 PM
  #6
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Bin faudrait pas commencer des jeux de mots genre: c'est pour sa “cave” à vin.
Y'aurait pt-être moyen de savoir quelle bouteille y'aurait bu la veille et noter sa performance le lendemain. Humm, un Chateau Latour '86, c'était bon finalement, y'était moins slow que la fois où y'a calé un Domaine du Marne '92. lol

HABitude is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 03:36 PM
  #7
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
Bin faudrait pas commencer des jeux de mots genre: c'est pour sa “cave” à vin.
Y'aurait pt-être moyen de savoir quelle bouteille y'aurait bu la veille et noter sa performance le lendemain. Humm, un Chateau Latour '86, c'était bon finalement, y'était moins slow que la fois où y'a calé un Domaine du Marne '92. lol

IcE ColD is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:08 PM
  #8
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I've heard from a sure source that Stéphane Quintal just got his computer, a mac G5: the most powerful personal computer (as advertized on tv).
For what use?
For his fabulous wine collection. He will use a data base software to know exactly when he bought a bottle, when is the best time to open it, classify different categories of wine, for what meal to match a wine bottle, etc.
The computer consultant who installed the whole kit is M. Ro__gue (I hide his complete name), a computer consultant who have for customers le Journal de Montréal, Stéphane Laporte, Dominique Michel and many other Quebec artists.

I know it's a kindda lady's tea conversation interest but it's true since my source is 100% reliable.
A slow hockey news day then huh? Quintal bought a computer ? wow...the sky is falling. lady's tea ...you said it.....but then again i'm reading the thread and responding....so uhhhhh good thread!

tritone is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:12 PM
  #9
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint
 
Lady Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 22,659
vCash: 500
je ne comprends pas!

Lady Rhian is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:13 PM
  #10
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I've heard from a sure source that Stéphane Quintal just got his computer, a mac G5: the most powerful personal computer (as advertized on tv).
For what use?
For his fabulous wine collection. He will use a data base software to know exactly when he bought a bottle, when is the best time to open it, classify different categories of wine, for what meal to match a wine bottle, etc.
The computer consultant who installed the whole kit is M. Ro__gue (I hide his complete name), a computer consultant who have for customers le Journal de Montréal, Stéphane Laporte, Dominique Michel and many other Quebec artists.

I know it's a kindda lady's tea conversation interest but it's true since my source is 100% reliable.
Doesn't surprise me that Quintal would blow his money on a Mac. Apple targets yuppies with too much money.

Ha.. a G5 for a wine database... too funny.

Habs is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:17 PM
  #11
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
For what use?
For his fabulous wine collection. He will use a data base software to know exactly when he bought a bottle, when is the best time to open it, classify different categories of wine, for what meal to match a wine bottle, etc.

electric is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:54 PM
  #12
KILLger
Registered User
 
KILLger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan69
Why doesn't he get a program that tells him how to play hockey! When to hit guys(not on your team) maybe he does have that program and it told him that this isn't a very good year to open up some whup ass try next year
OTOH, if this year isn't a good year to play physical, next year won't be a year in which he plays.

KILLger is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 09:54 PM
  #13
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Doesn't surprise me that Quintal would blow his money on a Mac. Apple targets yuppies with too much money.

Ha.. a G5 for a wine database... too funny.
I forgot to say: it's maybe the first computer Quintal ever use. And yes Apple targets yuppies with too much money but money isn't a problem with a Quintal. A G5 is way to strong just for that purpose I agree. $2000 or $8000 for Quintal, where's the problem?
The guy sells package deal including hardware, software, training and 24 hour service/cellular.

Not wanting to start a computer thread but if I had the choice, a G5 mac would be my first choice anytime. What a nice machine to work with. I mean really work, not for a wine database, lol.

HABitude is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:04 PM
  #14
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian
je ne comprends pas!
Actually its "je ne comprende pas" I believe. "Comprends" would be for the "tu" form if "comprendre" is conjugated regularly.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:10 PM
  #15
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Actually its "je ne comprende pas" I believe. "Comprends" would be for the "tu" form if "comprendre" is conjugated regularly.
No, the other guy's right, only without the s

To make it sound more natural, though take the 'ne' away. It's gramatically incorrect to say it without the 'ne' but we frenchies think it sounds corny so we almost never use it

electric is offline  
Old
02-04-2004, 10:17 PM
  #16
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
I forgot to say: it's maybe the first computer Quintal ever use. And yes Apple targets yuppies with too much money but money isn't a problem with a Quintal. A G5 is way to strong just for that purpose I agree. $2000 or $8000 for Quintal, where's the problem?
The guy sells package deal including hardware, software, training and 24 hour service/cellular.

Not wanting to start a computer thread but if I had the choice, a G5 mac would be my first choice anytime. What a nice machine to work with. I mean really work, not for a wine database, lol.
Yeah, lets not start a computer thread. Besides, your avatar is freaking me out.

Habs is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 03:18 PM
  #17
Verbal Kint*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Bunny Vatican
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
No, the other guy's right, only without the s

To make it sound more natural, though take the 'ne' away. It's gramatically incorrect to say it without the 'ne' but we frenchies think it sounds corny so we almost never use it
Well I knew the "s" wasn't there, I was just not sure about the "e." Oh well, I'm English, I get a lisense to be ignorant. Oh wait, sorry, only Don Cherry gets on of those.

Verbal Kint* is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
  #18
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
No, the other guy's right, only without the s

To make it sound more natural, though take the 'ne' away. It's gramatically incorrect to say it without the 'ne' but we frenchies think it sounds corny so we almost never use it
Désolé de te décevoir, ce n'est pas tout à fait vrai. Pour parler "québécois", il faudrait plutôt dire "Ch'comprends pas, 'stie". Pour ce qui est du "we frenchies", parle pour toi. Certains d'entre nous préfèrent parler correctement...

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 03:47 PM
  #19
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Désolé de te décevoir, ce n'est pas tout à fait vrai. Pour parler "québécois", il faudrait plutôt dire "Ch'comprends pas, 'stie". Pour ce qui est du "we frenchies", parle pour toi. Certains d'entre nous préfèrent parler correctement...
1. Pas obliger de sacrer pour parler quebecois
2. T'en connait beaucoup de monde qui disent 'ne'? Meme en France ca devient rare... c'est encore officiellement une regle en francais mais dans le language parlé on s'en sert quasiment jamais
3. Fache toi pas pour rien, la

electric is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 05:12 PM
  #20
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
1. Pas obliger de sacrer pour parler quebecois
stie!!

All-Star is offline  
Old
02-05-2004, 05:20 PM
  #21
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
stie!!
Calisse!

electric is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 07:45 AM
  #22
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
1. Pas obliger de sacrer pour parler quebecois
2. T'en connait beaucoup de monde qui disent 'ne'? Meme en France ca devient rare... c'est encore officiellement une regle en francais mais dans le language parlé on s'en sert quasiment jamais
3. Fache toi pas pour rien, la
Bon, bon, je ne fâche pas et même, je m'excuse du ton de mon "post".
1. Pas besoin de sacrer pour parler québécois ? Peut-être, mais pas besoin de se forcer pour mal parler non plus. Écoute le langage parlé, comme tu dis, et tu verras que les crisse et les calisse ne manquent pas.
2. Je le dis le "ne". Ne ne ne !

Je trouve frustrant d'expliquer aux anglophones ici qu'on veut conserver notre culture au Québec, basée sur le français, pendant que d'autres leur expliquent qu'il faut mal l'écrire ou la prononcer. C'est tout, j'espère que tu ne l'as pas pris comme une attaque personnelle.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:01 AM
  #23
Loup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Well I knew the "s" wasn't there, I was just not sure about the "e." Oh well, I'm English, I get a lisense to be ignorant. Oh wait, sorry, only Don Cherry gets on of those.

Ok, let's put this straight. It is, indeed, "je ne comprends pas". With the s. Now, why in hell would an english guy come correct grammar if he's not sure to be right? That makes no sense to me. I don't want his to be rude, but what's the deal? You can try www.leconjugueur.com next time you want to correct people's language.

And for that other chap who said that saying "ne" was corny, dude, we can still write properly, even if you might not want to say it when speaking. That's called respecting your own language. (Which is very stupid to point out in english, I totally agree).

Loup is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 12:44 PM
  #24
electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Back from Italy
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Bon, bon, je ne fâche pas et même, je m'excuse du ton de mon "post".
1. Pas besoin de sacrer pour parler québécois ? Peut-être, mais pas besoin de se forcer pour mal parler non plus. Écoute le langage parlé, comme tu dis, et tu verras que les crisse et les calisse ne manquent pas.
2. Je le dis le "ne". Ne ne ne !

Je trouve frustrant d'expliquer aux anglophones ici qu'on veut conserver notre culture au Québec, basée sur le français, pendant que d'autres leur expliquent qu'il faut mal l'écrire ou la prononcer. C'est tout, j'espère que tu ne l'as pas pris comme une attaque personnelle.
Les langues changent à travers les années... on peut quand même pas nier que quand on entend qqn dire quelque chose comme "je ne pense pas" c'est quasiment toujours dans un discours formel, à la télévision, etc... dans le language de tout les jours qu'on entend dans le métro c'est rare qu'on entende ca. C'est pas vraiment "mal parler" c'est juste que c'est une règle qui s'est démodée au point ou ca sonne plus naturel de s'en servir. Si qqn te dit qqchose genre "je ne bois jamais de vin" ca donne une impression de qqn qui parle francais comme seconde langue. Bon, c'est sur qu'il y a des situations ou on l'entend dans le language courant mais ca dépend vraiment de la situation et du ton... en général ca sonne "faux"

electric is offline  
Old
02-06-2004, 08:50 PM
  #25
HABitude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Laprairie, dans la belle Province
Posts: 2,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
Les langues changent à travers les années... on peut quand même pas nier que quand on entend qqn dire quelque chose comme "je ne pense pas" c'est quasiment toujours dans un discours formel, à la télévision, etc... dans le language de tout les jours qu'on entend dans le métro c'est rare qu'on entende ca. C'est pas vraiment "mal parler" c'est juste que c'est une règle qui s'est démodée au point ou ca sonne plus naturel de s'en servir. Si qqn te dit qqchose genre "je ne bois jamais de vin" ca donne une impression de qqn qui parle francais comme seconde langue. Bon, c'est sur qu'il y a des situations ou on l'entend dans le language courant mais ca dépend vraiment de la situation et du ton... en général ca sonne "faux"
J'ai compris ton exemple mais il a fallu que je le lise 2 à 3 fois pour le comprendre, justement pcq tu n'a pas employé le “ne”. Quand tu écris : “c'est une règle qui s'est démodée au point ou ca sonne plus naturel de s'en servir.”
Tu aurais dû écrire “où ça ne sonne plus naturel de s'en servir”. Parceque c'est bien ce que tu voulais dire, n'est-ce pas?
En oubliant de mettre le ne ça m'a fait comprendre exactement le contraire. Il faut faire la nuance quand on écrit, sans l'intonation du language parlé, le texte écrit doit être plus précis et logique. Le francais comme toutes les autres langues c'est de la logique; comme les sciences mathématiques ou les autres sciences. Quand on oublie les règles par paresse eh bin faut pas se surprendre que les gens comprennent de travers. Travers= Traverse, tu comprends? lol
Pas surprenant non plus que les autres francophones de la planète ont besoin d'interprètes pour nous comprendre. Un film québecois a besoin de sous-titres en France, en Belgique, en Suisse et les autres pays francophones.
Notre langue est aussi dénaturée que le créole ou les dialectes *boulou-boulous. À moins de venir d'Outremont, et même encore, on sonne comme une tribu de colons exotiques en raquettes pour les autres francophone de la planète. Une curiosité qui boit su sirop d'érable et qui parle un dialecte incompréhensible. On est cute, on fait rigoler.

*Je veux pas insulter les africains ou autres ethnies mais c'était juste un exemple pour me faire comprendre.

HABitude is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.