HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Higgins back?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
  #1
Chill77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
What is wrong with Chris Higgins?

I mean seriously.

In his last 23 games he has SEVEN points! (3g 4a)

What happened to the player we saw at the beginning of the season who at times looked dominant with the puck in the offensive zone? Is he playing hurt? Is it just a result of Saku falling apart this year?

Chill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
  #2
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Superstar!

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
  #3
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,668
vCash: 500
I think he knows he's going to be traded and it shows in his game...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
  #4
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
He's betrayed me!

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
  #5
Namso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
he has completely dissapeared. At least Koivu and Kosty Jr. at times can control the play...Higgins loses the puck every single time. Its so weird...

I wonder if the A is is having an effect.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
  #6
Chill77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I think he knows he's going to be traded and it shows in his game...

Leading up to this season as well as through the first quarter, there's probably no one I would have 'least' rather seen traded.

He's completely fallen apart.

Chill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
  #7
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
I wonder if Gainey has had a one on one meeting with him. He could tell him that he has no intent on trading him and that Chris is part of the Canadiens Future plans. It would give him a little bit of confidence, which he desperately needs. He's looked terrible pretty much all season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:00 PM
  #8
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I think he knows he's going to be traded and it shows in his game...
Yep. Or at least speculates it. He's completely distracted almost like he doesn't want to play.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:03 PM
  #9
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Seriously guys, mark my words. I've been saying for about 1 year now that this player is nothing so special. I was called crazy, ignorant, stupid, and a whole lot bunch of other names by my fellow Habs fans. I even have the link(s) to prove it.

Should Gaieny trade him? I've been saying this for a year now : YES! He'll end up being the next Michael Ryder. Mark my words. He's gonna stay about at this caliber for the next years and he will have as much of a big value as Ryder does presently. Turning down a Hossa trade because Waddell wants Higgins could be the biggest mistake ever made by Bob Gainey in his career.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
  #10
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
yeah he sucks - 3, 20 goal seasons before age 25 (19 right now)


give the guy a break; he's slumping, he'll rebound

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
  #11
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,458
vCash: 500
He certainly looks to be playing with no confidence.

I hate to say it, but it might be time he watched a game or 2 from the press box.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
  #12
Doctor House
Registered User
 
Doctor House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
He's just distracted - it will pass. His numbers are in line with Penner and Hartnell

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:06 PM
  #13
GURMEGE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Higgins proved he is not the next capitano when he first said he would score 40 goals (no class, please refer to Damphouse stating he would get 100, not!). Next point was his silly comment about how fans and media were foolish to think Price would be no.1 goalie this season when he was sent to Hamilton. Watch Higgi get traded and watch Carey start playoffs and win. Komi for C if not Chip. Go Habs Go!!!

GURMEGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:06 PM
  #14
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 500
I've always seen him as a good third line player/defensive specialist (not a bad thing). He's had some streaks ala Bulis where he's looked like a first liner, but I don't think he can play that way consistently to warrent a position up front.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
  #15
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreiMMermlik View Post
Seriously guys, mark my words. I've been saying for about 1 year now that this player is nothing so special. I was called crazy, ignorant, stupid, and a whole lot bunch of other names by my fellow Habs fans. I even have the link(s) to prove it.

Should Gaieny trade him? I've been saying this for a year now : YES! He'll end up being the next Michael Ryder. Mark my words. He's gonna stay about at this caliber for the next years and he will have as much of a big value as Ryder does presently. Turning down a Hossa trade because Waddell wants Higgins could be the biggest mistake ever made by Bob Gainey in his career.
Ok so you decide to come out now...when he's in a slump..

I will let more then half a season dictate my perception of a player thank you

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:08 PM
  #16
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I've always seen him as a good third line player/defensive specialist (not a bad thing). He's had some streaks ala Bulis where he's looked like a first liner, but I don't think he can play that way consistently to warrent a position up front.
Right now he's probably worst defensivly then offensivly.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
  #17
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Right now he's probably worst defensivly then offensivly.
I wonder how much of that is due to him tryng to play the offensive role. Maybe if he'd play the defensive role he'd find his game again.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
  #18
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He's going to miraculously turn into Marian Hossa


WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
  #19
Dr_Hook
Registered User
 
Dr_Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,274
vCash: 500
zero confidence + wanting to do too much = crappy play

He has never look worse in a ahbs uniform than right now ; but I still think he'll rebound. When he gets his wheels going again and the doubst out of his mind, he'll be back a 25 to 30 goal guy

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
  #20
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I wonder how much of that is due to him tryng to play the offensive role. Maybe if he'd play the defensive role he'd find his game again.
No...Higgins is a beast when he's controling the play in the offensive and fighting for the puck. He's been none of that for 3/4 of the season. Lest not frigging turn him in to Thomas Sundstrom....if that's the case then trade him now.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
  #21
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Ok so you decide to come out now...when he's in a slump..

I will let more then half a season dictate my perception of a player thank you
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=431516

read this... and look at the date.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:13 PM
  #22
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill77 View Post
I mean seriously.

In his last 23 games he has SEVEN points! (3g 4a)

What happened to the player we saw at the beginning of the season who at times looked dominant with the puck in the offensive zone? Is he playing hurt? Is it just a result of Saku falling apart this year?
Try playing Higgins with Plekanec and you'll see his stats will improve tremendously. Having been at the game today, I can tell you Koivu, as much as I love him, looks small, old and weak. Guy gives 100% all the time, but these days it just comes up short.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:13 PM
  #23
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
He does alot of meditation/ positive visualization stuff in the summer but it doesn't appear to be doing jack **** for him right now.

Where is the Higgins that would out work everyone on the boards and come out with the puck? It's not only the hands that aren't there, it's his head and hustle. Sergei looks way better than he does right now.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
  #24
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
I think ever since he had that shoulder injury he hasn't been the same and doesn't play his game. Seriously, when was the last time you saw Higgins crash and bang? I haven't this season and you can tell from his hit totals.

If Gainey can trade him for Hossa I think it maybe a blessing in disguise because I don't think we will see that Higgins here again until he gets confidence back into that shoulder.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
  #25
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Try playing Higgins with Plekanec and you'll see his stats will improve tremendously. Having been at the game today, I can tell you Koivu, as much as I love him, looks small, old and weak. Guy gives 100% all the time, but these days it just comes up short.
I think your the only one on this whole board that agrees with me on that.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.