HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Bouwmeester contract talk

Old
04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Doesnt everything think that some are overreacting just a little bit? First off, its Barry Jackson...nuff said. Second, I would take Richards blog and opinion more seriously than what BJ () has to say. We all know Bouwmeester shows little emotion and is a very shy and quiet person, but he seems to like his teammates and likes to play here. Lets see what the coming weeks/months bring us before we start getting a million Bouwmeester proposals.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:18 PM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Doesnt everything think that some are overreacting just a little bit? First off, its Barry Jackson...nuff said. Second, I would take Richards blog and opinion more seriously than what BJ () has to say. We all know Bouwmeester shows little emotion and is a very shy and quiet person, but he seems to like his teammates and likes to play here. Lets see what the coming weeks/months bring us before we start getting a million Bouwmeester proposals.
no i totally agree i don't think he's going anywhere but there's always a possibility.. and id cry he's definetly my fav. player on the team

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I was just coming in here to say this. It's very possible Jay hasn't said anything because he doesn't want to be here anymore, but it's also likely that Jay hasn't said anything because...well Jay rarely has much to say. I'm more inclined to believe Richards for sure.

04-09-2008, 03:29 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
You're reminding me of the day Bouw was drafted...when he was selected I noted that he seemed less than thrilled. Chalked it up to his being unhappy about being picked 3rd instead of 1st overall...but maybe he just wasn't happy about being selected by the Panthers?

Horton by contrast even said he wanted to be a Panther in his post-selection TV interview.
Well that's cause Horton's favorite team was the Panthers when he was growing up.

As for Jaybo, I've never seen him smile. He's a pretty reserved guy. I'm surprised he's already said this much about contract talks. Don't expect him to give too many hints.

JonathanHuberdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
Well that's cause Horton's favorite team was the Panthers when he was growing up.

As for Jaybo, I've never seen him smile. He's a pretty reserved guy. I'm surprised he's already said this much about contract talks. Don't expect him to give too many hints.
Might not smile much, but on draft day he looked downright pissed off.

04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:

Bouw smiles on the ice.

http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/launch.h...1&event=PHI766

Old
04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

I've never heard or seen anything saying Horton's favorite team was the Panthers...really? I guess that's cool if it was.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:45 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I've never heard or seen anything saying Horton's favorite team was the Panthers...really? I guess that's cool if it was.
I think he said that at the draft, when he was interviewed after we took him.

Old
04-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Wow, you learn something new everyday.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:59 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Just a couple thoughts since I saw a couple posters throw their names around as UFA replacements.

Campbell - Elite offense, very average defensive game
Redden - Very awful season, if he can bounce back would be worth it but if he doesn't a long term contract could be disasterous
Liles - Not a top pairing D by any stretch of the imagination but could be that "puck moving d" the Panthers are looking for, a very poor man's Campbell

I'd throw Rozsival onto that list as well (solid offensively & defensively, can log big minutes), even though I think the Rangers will re-sign him.

That being said, with or without Bouwmeester i'd still take a chance on Redden if the price was right.

Unfortunatelly there isn't that much better on the market except for some solid depth guys like Ward, McCarthy, Kalinin, Hainsey, Hejda, Streit (has the offense we need but is better as a forward), Mara, Commodore, Smith, Eaton, etc.

Last edited by mikefavata: 04-09-2008 at 04:16 PM.
mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
He even said it before the draft. Said it was because he thought our jerseys were cool.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
PanthersRule96

Bouw should be thanking us for taking him 3rd overall rather than first. He probably wouldn't be able to handle being a first overall pick with that personality of his. Had he been number 1 overall, there's a good chance people would severely question whether we should have taken Nash there around the NHL, and also, they'd pick out flaws in his game. In making team canada and playing well, people were "surprised" but had he been #1 overall there would have been expectations, so I think the way people look at him could have changed drastically, as there's a big underacheiver in Lehtonen (thus far kind of). Remember how after a year ago, people were talking about how Nash maybe wasn't really that good? HE bounced back his year. Bouw would have been dealing with the same things, and who knows how he would have handled it. At least Nash can talk to people.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
As for Jaybo, I've never seen him smile.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Jay smiles all the time. His interviews look like he's about to crack up at any moment. You want someone who doesn't smile, try Olli, Jacques, and Stumpel.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:11 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Stumpel is definitely someone who never smiles.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:16 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Stumpel is definitely someone who never smiles.

Hahahahaha it looks like he's crying.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
He even said it before the draft. Said it was because he thought our jerseys were cool.
No, I don't think Horton said it, I believe it was Stewart who said He's been a panther fan. I think I saw a mini bio on him after being drafted, talked about loving the team, trying to support his family, and then they mentioned him fighting Horton and breaking his jaw.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
No, I don't think Horton said it, I believe it was Stewart who said He's been a panther fan. I think I saw a mini bio on him after being drafted, talked about loving the team, trying to support his family, and then they mentioned him fighting Horton and breaking his jaw.
I'm 100% positive it was Horton.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Definitely Horton.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
PanthersRule96

+3 it was Horton 100%.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 06:10 PM
BabyJagrov

Do some seach in the archive on Hockeysfuture...

There was an interview where Horton said we were is favorite team !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
No..PLEASE do not lose Bouw

Cats Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I wouldn't be that mad if we made a trade with someone like LA involving Bouwmeester for that 2nd overall pick and one of their nice young players. That way we could draft someone like Bogosian, Schenn, Doughty, Pietrangelo, etc...., pick up another nice player, and then use the money we saved to hopefully sign someone like Brian Campbell. I'd have to think Bouwmeester's value would be that of at least 1 first round pick, 1 top prospect/good player, and something else.
Oh yeah because Campbell and bogosian and a young player are better than bouwmeester. I wouldnt want anything for him. I want him signed. Just like Id rather have Luongo and the 9th pick instead of Vokoun Allen and Matthias.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 06:50 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
Oh yeah because Campbell and bogosian and a young player are better than bouwmeester. I wouldnt want anything for him. I want him signed. Just like Id rather have Luongo and the 9th pick instead of Vokoun Allen and Matthias.
If Bouw hates it here, he's not staying. Nobody knows for sure how he feels but it's not like we're gonna offer him $15 million a year or anything. There's a point where we let him go and try to make the best of the situation.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 04-09-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Flaming part of post removed
RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 08:13 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
If Bouw hates it here, he's not staying. Nobody knows for sure how he feels but it's not like we're gonna offer him $15 million a year or anything. There's a point where we let him go and try to make the best of the situation.
This is retarded. They should offer him phaneuf money and be done with it. I can already see a low ball situation happening and a stupid trade. Making the best of it with the idiot GM at the helm doesnt exactly instill confidence in me. Any time you trade Luongo or Bouwmeester you lose.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote