HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Bouwmeester contract talk

Old
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
This is retarded. They should offer him phaneuf money and be done with it. I can already see a low ball situation happening and a stupid trade. Making the best of it with the idiot GM at the helm doesnt exactly instill confidence in me. Any time you trade Luongo or Bouwmeester you lose.
He didn't trade Luongo, he little to do with the trade itself.

He certainly lowballed the guys last year, I can see where you'd say that. He sure looked like "an idiot GM" locking up those guys, didn't he? I mean, I guess you've never bought a car before, so you wouldn't know anything about negotiating, but I'm more than sure that Martin understands Bouw's value.

04-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Oh yeah because Campbell and bogosian and a young player are better than bouwmeester. I wouldnt want anything for him. I want him signed. Just like Id rather have Luongo and the 9th pick instead of Vokoun Allen and Matthias.
Not me!

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 08:37 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
This is retarded. They should offer him phaneuf money and be done with it. I can already see a low ball situation happening and a stupid trade. Making the best of it with the idiot GM at the helm doesnt exactly instill confidence in me. Any time you trade Luongo or Bouwmeester you lose.
Last time I looked, the low-balling GM left the building quite some time ago.

Unless I dreamed the whole Keenan-getting-fired thing from last season.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Last time I looked, the low-balling GM left the building quite some time ago.

Unless I dreamed the whole Keenan-getting-fired thing from last season.
Well said. JM has been able to sign our youth to VERY good numbers.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Vokoun29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Maybe we should try to get a young star like Kane or Toews out of Chicago for Bouw.

I would consider trading Jokinen too if the price is right because of this. We could get two legit young stars for these two guys plus we would have money to spend on UFA's. We might even be able to dump some contracts along the way (If you want Bouw here is stumpel.)

Between Jokinen and Bouw that is at least 10 million assuming jay gets at least 5 which is more than likely if not guaranteed. Trading for Kane or Toews still gives us more cap space with great talent.

I think if Jay isn't signed by draft day to a long term contract we should trade him and Jokinen.
For Toews Fo Shizzle Nizzle, Any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
We could sign Redden or a number of other d-men, the ufa d market is solid.

Edit: upon further review the d-market is decent not that great.
Redden is a great defensive defenseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
I wouldn't be that mad if we made a trade with someone like LA involving Bouwmeester for that 2nd overall pick and one of their nice young players. That way we could draft someone like Bogosian, Schenn, Doughty, Pietrangelo, etc...., pick up another nice player, and then use the money we saved to hopefully sign someone like Brian Campbell. I'd have to think Bouwmeester's value would be that of at least 1 first round pick, 1 top prospect/good player, and something else.
If Stamkos is @ 2nd, then I think the trade is fair for both sides just being Bo for that pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok-AtTheDriveIn-en View Post
Well that's cause Horton's favorite team was the Panthers when he was growing up.

As for Jaybo, I've never seen him smile. He's a pretty reserved guy. I'm surprised he's already said this much about contract talks. Don't expect him to give too many hints.
Omfg !! LOL such a great franchise to root it musta been back in the day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Stumpel is definitely someone who never smiles.

Wow Olesz kinda looks like Crosby there if he's eyes are green and his teeth pure whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
He even said it before the draft. Said it was because he thought our jerseys were cool.
Ok I though it was because we were so good back in the day =/ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I said this a long time ago as well. Bouw is my favorite Panther, but he's also our most valuable trade asset. If we were to trade him this off season, the package would be huge. Then we could go out and give a lot of money to Campbell to replace Bouw. Our team would be drastically improved IMO.
-2, my bad I mean +1 I had Bo's typical PM numbers in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Jesus H, if Bouwmeester signs a 1 year deal this team is gonna get necroed.
Fixed it.

Vokoun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:29 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
How would Phaneuf money let us "be done with it" if he truly hates us here? We're talking about the worst possible scenario here. Almost everybody here would be willing to match Phaneuf's contract for Bouw, but if he won't sign for that (hell, what if he's got a soft spot for being an Oiler and hopes to sign with them and help build a force in his hometown), your point of view deems that as our management lowballing him. Honestly, right now, what's the most you'd be willing to pay him? $8 million? 10? Make a claim for your limit now so everybody knows how foolish you want the team to be in its pursuit to keep him.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:20 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
How would Phaneuf money let us "be done with it" if he truly hates us here? We're talking about the worst possible scenario here. Almost everybody here would be willing to match Phaneuf's contract for Bouw, but if he won't sign for that (hell, what if he's got a soft spot for being an Oiler and hopes to sign with them and help build a force in his hometown), your point of view deems that as our management lowballing him. Honestly, right now, what's the most you'd be willing to pay him? $8 million? 10? Make a claim for your limit now so everybody knows how foolish you want the team to be in its pursuit to keep him.
8 mil is fine with me.

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:40 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Oh yeah because Campbell and bogosian and a young player are better than bouwmeester. I wouldnt want anything for him. I want him signed. Just like Id rather have Luongo and the 9th pick instead of Vokoun Allen and Matthias.
RoadDogg responded to this as well as I can. Would you rather have Bouwmeester walk, wait a year when he's a rental UFA and trade him for way less, or have Bogosian/Filatov/Doughty+a good FA dman+ another young player. Just because I said young player doesn't mean a bad player. It could be Frolov or Dustin Brown or Patrick O'Sullivan, or even some of their other forwards they have such as Cammellari, who would be a good addition. Obviously I'm not referring to their future 4th liners............

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 01:21 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not me!
You also seem quite content with not making the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2008, 01:22 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
RoadDogg responded to this as well as I can. Would you rather have Bouwmeester walk, wait a year when he's a rental UFA and trade him for way less, or have Bogosian/Filatov/Doughty+a good FA dman+ another young player. Just because I said young player doesn't mean a bad player. It could be Frolov or Dustin Brown or Patrick O'Sullivan, or even some of their other forwards they have such as Cammellari, who would be a good addition. Obviously I'm not referring to their future 4th liners............
LOL

Jesus christ, just freaking give bouwmeester whatever he wants. Yes clearly the kings would trade 2nd pick frolov or brown for bouwmeester and No I wouldnt want the 2nd pick and o sullivan for bouwmeester. This isnt freaking EHM.

Old
04-10-2008, 02:22 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
$6-6.5 million per is the most I would go. If someone offered $8 million for him, they can have him and I will take the four first rounders. And trust me, saying that HURTS A LOT! The cap is not going to go up every season, and being in this market and having an $8 million/year player is not wise IMO. Plus he isnt even worth that much. Like I said earlier though...lets see what the coming weeks brings us before jumping to any conclusions. Its Barry Jackson for g**s sake.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
You also seem quite content with not making the playoffs.
No, I'm realistic and am able to see all the trees in the forest. I'm also smart enough to understand what it is that's helped lead us to missing the playoffs for so long, that's right, exactly what it is you want to keep happening.

hasn't helped anything yet, it's just GOTTA work if we do it this time.

Don't look now, but Louie didn't get his team into the playoffs this year.

Last edited by Laus723: 04-10-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old
04-10-2008, 06:24 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
LOL

Jesus christ, just freaking give bouwmeester whatever he wants. Yes clearly the kings would trade 2nd pick frolov or brown for bouwmeester and No I wouldnt want the 2nd pick and o sullivan for bouwmeester. This isnt freaking EHM.
That's smart. I can see where that would be smart, and I can also see you continuing to complain about not making the playoffs since we can't afford to bring in a whole lot more.

Bouw's clearly a top player in the league, but he hasn't earned 8 mil, and we have no idea that that's anything anywhere close to what he wants. Jump to conclusions much?

Old
04-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
This isnt freaking EHM.
It should be - then we could trade Mezei, Stumpel, Campbell, and Van Ryn for Ovechkin

04-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
LOL

For Bouw I think we wouldn't take anything less then Camillari and the #2 pick. You don't find a D-man like Bouw just anywhere. They are hard to come by. If we are going to give him up Camellari has to be included! Our best D for their best scorer. We will even throw in Stumpel to sweeten the pot.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
For Bouw I think we wouldn't take anything less then Camillari and the #2 pick. You don't find a D-man like Bouw just anywhere. They are hard to come by. If we are going to give him up Camellari has to be included! Our best D for their best scorer. We will even throw in Stumpel to sweeten the pot.
lol, their wise to Stumped's lacklusterness. They let him go to free agency, we were dumb enough to pick him up.

Cammellari was injured for part of this season and didn't play as well, though, I'm sure that was mostly due to his inuries. Brown, Frolov, and Kopitar are great players there, too.

Old
04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Haj

vCash: 50
I'm not sure what the tax situation is in Canada, but a Phaneuf offer should be enough to get it done since there is no income tax in FL.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I wouldn't call Cammalleri the Kings "best scorer." Even if you project his points for a full season, as he only played 63 games this year, he still doesn't get as many points as Kopitar or Frolov, and he does not equal Kopitar or Brown in goals.

If Bou doesn't stay, I'd hope there is a better offer out there somewhere.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:36 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
I wouldn't call Cammalleri the Kings "best scorer." Even if you project his points for a full season, as he only played 63 games this year, he still doesn't get as many points as Kopitar or Frolov, and he does not equal Kopitar or Brown in goals.

If Bou doesn't stay, I'd hope there is a better offer out there somewhere.
I was just going to say the same thing. Cammy is a good player, but if a trade would go down with LA, Frolov or Brown would have to be part of the package. If LA would be willing to give up Brown and Frolov, then I would seriously consider moving Bouw, especially if we could go out and get Campbell and maybe someone like Stuart. Maybe a pick or player would have to go LAs way as well, but if you want to talk about talent up front, we would have something like:

Booth - Weiss - Horton
Frolov - Matthias - Brown
Olesz - Kreps - Zednik
Dvo - Campbell - Monty/Belak

Campbell - Allen
Stuart - Scratch off
Cully - MVR/Welch/Murph

Sorry, just blabering.

Old
04-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Haj

As good as Campbell is on offense, he is not as good defensively as Bouwmeester. Ideally, you would have both. But I would prefer Bouw meester. Because of his speed,positioning, and reach he is more suited to defending players like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. I also think he is rounding out offensively 15 goals, 37 pts is nothing to sneer at. His average time on ice has increased every year. If he is traded, I am pretty much calling it quits as a Panther fan. Trading the best player in a deal almost never works out.

Old
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I was just going to say the same thing. Cammy is a good player, but if a trade would go down with LA, Frolov or Brown would have to be part of the package. If LA would be willing to give up Brown and Frolov, then I would seriously consider moving Bouw, especially if we could go out and get Campbell and maybe someone like Stuart. Maybe a pick or player would have to go LAs way as well, but if you want to talk about talent up front, we would have something like:

Booth - Weiss - Horton
Frolov - Matthias - Brown
Olesz - Kreps - Zednik
Dvo - Campbell - Monty/Belak

Campbell - Allen
Stuart - Scratch off
Cully - MVR/Welch/Murph

Sorry, just blabering.
I HIGHLY doubt that LA would give up Brown and Frolov. Perhaps Brown, Cammy and the 2nd overall pick for Bouw+, but Frolov is really really good.

Btw 39ontheline, giving Bouw whatever he wants is incredibly foolish. He hasn't earned 8 million as stated before. Also, he's going to get a lot of money wherever he plays. There are 29 teams out there that would gladly open up if they had the cap space, there several of those other 29 do. The money is not the issue in his case. If he wants to make 8 million in Edmonton or anywhere else for example instead of making 8 million in Florida, then he's going to go do that. Whatever we pay him, someone else would probably match. Paying him 8 million is ridiculous anyways. Sure he has potential but he's not a "franchise defenseman" yet. He is for us only because we're bad, but he's a legit #1 defensman right now who hopefully can improve some more.

Last edited by PanthersRule96: 04-10-2008 at 02:02 PM.
PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
I HIGHLY doubt that LA would give up Brown and Frolov. Perhaps Brown, Cammy and the 2nd overall pick for Bouw+, but Frolov is really really good.
I think LA is better off doing the Brown/Frolov deal than that one. Cammy and the pick would be more important to them IMO. If we have to add something to get that combo here, so be it. But if Bouw were to go, which I hope to god he doesnt, then thats who I would want in return.

Last edited by Acadmus: 04-10-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I edited part of the post quoted, so I removed the whole unnecessary paragraph.
Old
04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
39ontheline

LA will never trade two core pieces for Jay its just never going to happen. Look at the return for guys like Pronger. Bouwmeester will never net back in a trade what he's worth. If Vanek got 7 per than bouw is worth 8. He's a franchise defender and last time I checked there arent too many of them. Maybe than can trade Jay for 3 players then the following year they can trade their first for a #1 dman to undo the damage of a trade. Oh and on the record ZERO chance campbell comes here. ZERO.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 04-10-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Removed potentially offensive text
Old
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
LA will never trade two core pieces for Jay its just never going to happen. Look at the return for guys like Pronger. Bouwmeester will never net back in a trade what he's worth. If Vanek got 7 per than bouw is worth 8. He's a franchise defender and last time I checked there arent too many of them. Maybe than can trade Jay for 3 players then the following year they can trade their first for a #1 dman to undo the damage of a trade. Oh and on the record ZERO chance campbell comes here. ZERO.
ZERO chance Bouw gets 8. ZERO.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 04-10-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Removed potentially offensive text quoted
Old
04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Haj

I'd rather give Bouwmeester 8 million dollars a year than take a step backwards as a franchise.