HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komi, Cube, Koivu update-not good-

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2008, 03:08 PM
  #1
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,978
vCash: 500
Komi, Cube, Koivu update-not good-

if already posted please delete

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

"Defenceman Mike Komisarek has not been cleared to play. The team hopes to get him into a full contact practice Wednesday before seeing what the doctors decide about his hip. Defenceman Frances Bouillon is still feeling pain in his right ankle and left practice early, making him questionable for Game 1. Winger Michael Ryder is wearing a brace for a right knee injury but should be available for Game 1. There is no change in captain Saku Koivu's status. He is slated to see the doctor Tuesday or Wednesday. - TSN"

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
  #2
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
I think this TSN update has been unchanged since Monday.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
  #3
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,967
vCash: 500
Update today from Habsinsideout:

Quote:
Quick update from the Bell Centre:

• Saku Koivu met with doctors yesterday and today, but still has not skated so he's highly unlikely to be in the lineup tomorrow for Game 1
• Michael Ryder will play
• Mike Komisarek and Francis Bouillon are skating this afternoon. Komisarek is expected to be a game-day decision, though Bouillon looks less likely.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
  #4
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
was posted yesterday.

...the habs are practicing late today so no news yet from today.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:10 PM
  #5
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
if already posted please delete

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

"Defenceman Mike Komisarek has not been cleared to play. The team hopes to get him into a full contact practice Wednesday before seeing what the doctors decide about his hip. Defenceman Frances Bouillon is still feeling pain in his right ankle and left practice early, making him questionable for Game 1. Winger Michael Ryder is wearing a brace for a right knee injury but should be available for Game 1. There is no change in captain Saku Koivu's status. He is slated to see the doctor Tuesday or Wednesday. - TSN"
Aren't we wednesday?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
  #6
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 50
Sounds like the news regarding injuries is tightening up. Expect limited information regarding players. I expect Komi and Koivu in the lineup if we lose game 1.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
  #7
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I think this TSN update has been unchanged since Monday.
thanks

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
  #8
BigM1ke
Registered User
 
BigM1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Drummondville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Delete this thread! This is old news!

BigM1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
  #9
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,356
vCash: 50
I would be shocked if Komisarek wasn't in the lineup.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:50 PM
  #10
habs fan uk
 
habs fan uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wigan, England
Country: England
Posts: 110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Aren't we wednesday?
No we play Thursday.

habs fan uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:51 PM
  #11
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs fan uk View Post
No we play Thursday.
you totally didnt understand his post

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:54 PM
  #12
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
you totally didnt understand his post
Chipchura?

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
  #13
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Yeah this is old. Pretty much taken from the TSN playoff preview show.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 03:58 PM
  #14
Licou
Registered User
 
Licou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Longuh
Country:
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Why rush back our players anyway? Even with our depleted line up we still have a very good chance to beat the bruins. No need to aggravate injuries until the players are fully healed.

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
  #15
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
Chipchura?
Yeah, anyone hear anything on Chipchura?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
  #16
Kue
Interviewing for GM
 
Kue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland OR
Country: United States
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
TSN Ice Chips for April 9th

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=1...topRelated_nhl

Winger Michael Ryder has recovered from a knee injury and has been cleared to play in the series opener.
Defenceman Mike Komisarek has been practicing with his traditional partner Andre Markov as he attempts to make it back from a hip injury. The Habs would not give a firm commitment if he would play on Thursday.
Captain Saku Koivu has not quite reached the 2-week mark of his anticipated 3-week absence due to a foot injury. He was scheduled to see the doctor Wednesday. The team did not give any update to his status and all head coach Guy Carbonneau would say was that Koivu's progress is on schedule. - TSN

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
  #17
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
My take

Komisarek will definetely play....

Koivu is 50/50 for game 1.... If we lose he's playing game 2.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
  #18
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
TSN Ice Chips for April 9th

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=1...topRelated_nhl

Winger Michael Ryder has recovered from a knee injury and has been cleared to play in the series opener.
Defenceman Mike Komisarek has been practicing with his traditional partner Andre Markov as he attempts to make it back from a hip injury. The Habs would not give a firm commitment if he would play on Thursday.
Captain Saku Koivu has not quite reached the 2-week mark of his anticipated 3-week absence due to a foot injury. He was scheduled to see the doctor Wednesday. The team did not give any update to his status and all head coach Guy Carbonneau would say was that Koivu's progress is on schedule. - TSN
Higgins said clearly on The Score that Komisarek WILL play in Game 1. THis is just a case of the Habs playing the game.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:50 PM
  #19
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
I would honestly give Komi and Ryder the day off for Game one. Komi should definitely play Game two. I'd give Stewart Ryder's spot in game one.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
  #20
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
PJ Stock on CBC just now:

Komisarek in for game 1
Bouillon left practice early (so unlikely he'll play)
Ryder healthy, but *possibly* a healthy scratch
Koivu re-assessed today (sounded optimistic about it), but still hasn't put a boot on "yet"

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 06:07 PM
  #21
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,303
vCash: 500
I don't expect to see Bergeron tomorrow, and who knows about Savard? Also, Kobasew is definitely out, so the Bruins won't have a full roster either for the 1st game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:06 PM
  #22
TJF
Registered User
 
TJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,696
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't expect to see Bergeron tomorrow, and who knows about Savard? Also, Kobasew is definitely out, so the Bruins won't have a full roster either for the 1st game.
-Bergeron and Chiarelli have already stated that Bergeron will not play in game 1.

-Savard has been cleared for contact and he's now waiting to see how his body reacts after participating in his first full contact practice yesterday in about 2 weeks. He'll be a game time decision.

-Kobasew is not an option in this series at all, he has a fractured tibia, still on crutches and is likely out for about another month.

TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:13 PM
  #23
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Higgins said clearly on The Score that Komisarek WILL play in Game 1. THis is just a case of the Habs playing the game.
He also said he wouldn't mind playing for either New York team. Stupid thing to say.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:47 PM
  #24
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He also said he wouldn't mind playing for either New York team. Stupid thing to say.
what are you talking about?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
  #25
HabsPack
 
HabsPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
what are you talking about?
Yeah, in what context did he say that?

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.