HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Burke Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2004, 01:32 PM
YotesFan

vCash: 500
Burke Proposal

To Philly:

Burke,
Ference,
Sillinger,
2nd Rd Pick

To Phx:
Simon Gagne
3rd Round Pick/ Or Medium Prospect

Old
02-07-2004, 01:37 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan
To Philly:

Burke,
Ference,
Sillinger,
2nd Rd Pick

To Phx:
Simon Gagne
3rd Round Pick/ Or Medium Prospect
With your proposal I think Philly would be given far too much. I like Gagne, i prefer him to Comrie and for him I would only give Burke + a 3rd pick or Burke + sillinger.

Old
02-07-2004, 01:44 PM
PhoPhan

For Gagne alone, I'd take either Ference or the pick out of the offer.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:00 PM
blah

Terrible proposal, and what's even worse is he has 2 people saying an aging goalie, two well below average players, and a draft pick is too much for Gagne. Simply awful.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:27 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Terrible proposal, and what's even worse is he has 2 people saying an aging goalie, two well below average players, and a draft pick is too much for Gagne. Simply awful.
And what is even more awful is that I stand by it. When Williams was traded for Markov, you could hear many saying they would rather got Gagne traded. After three underproducing months Gagne has now picked up his play in the last two weeks, so now you want Doan or Nagy for him. Hummmm... I know everyone overate the players who play for the team they support but they might be some kind of balance to find in this case.
But make no mistake. If I want the flyers to get sillinger or Savage it is because I rather see them playing in Philadelphie than with the Coyotes. :p

Old
02-07-2004, 02:36 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
I know everyone overate the players who play for the team they support
Im quitely laughing to myself when I think of those who shunned me as an idiot for saying Doan will be a 70 pt player.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Gwyddbwyll

I would do that for Gagne. He is a player I want on my team.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:44 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX
Im quitely laughing to myself when I think of those who shunned me as an idiot for saying Doan will be a 70 pt player.
I thought the indications that Nagy would never be a 30 goal scorer in the NHL were far worse. Apparently players don't improve in Phoenix and everyone we have is extremely overrated.

back to the original post. I agree with the intent of blah. I can't see Gagne being dealt. He's a potential star player in this league and will be held onto along with Pitkanen. I'm finding the indications that Comrie is heading to Phoenix intriguing because we are definately going to have to add something to our side of the equation. Kolanos by chance? Something with upside.

It appears Phoenix is leveraging everyone against one another. Funny, because apparently our management team is "stupid". There will be a number of embarassed posters over the whole Burke fiasco. Stupid thing is we all know how good he is and we know we are going to get hosed on any deal in the short-term and if we trade a decent prospect like Kolanos we could lose out in the long-run. We may yet be crying the Blues over a Burke deal. Keep your fingers crossed.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Brad*

No from a Philadelphia standpoint.

When the Flyers defense gets healthier Ference would be nothing more than a #6 defenseman, at best. Sillinger wouldn't even have a spot on the team with Roenick, Primeau, Handzus, and Lapointe all in front of him, so you might as well not even include them in the offer.

Burke and a 2nd rounder is not worth Gagne and a 3rd rounder.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:52 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Not only the 30 goal thing but I still remember last summer two moderators told me on the main boards Nagy shouldnt even be considered a top six forward. I bet they'd like him on their teams now

Also its amusing to see Flyer fans having to backtrack on their "never going to happen in a million years" statements.

FWIW Im predicting Burke + Ference for Lundmark. Perhaps Hulse instead of Ference if Sather prefers him.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33

When the Flyers defense gets healthier Ference would be nothing more than a #6 defenseman, at best. Sillinger wouldn't even have a spot on the team with Roenick, Primeau, Handzus, and Lapointe all in front of him, so you might as well not even include them in the offer.

Erm no Burke and a 2nd isnt. But that wasnt the deal proposed. So why are you worrying about whether Burke and a 2nd is worth it? Even third pairing defensemen have value at the moment and Sillinger is a classic playoff rental.

I'd be shocked if Philly trades Gagne but it no longer seems the impossibility it was.

Old
02-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
Erm no Burke and a 2nd isnt. But that wasnt the deal proposed. So why are you worrying about whether Burke and a 2nd is worth it? Even third pairing defensemen have value at the moment and Sillinger is a classic playoff rental.

I'd be shocked if Philly trades Gagne but it no longer seems the impossibility it was.
Because the Flyers won't be trading for two players that wouldn't be playing for them. That would be a complete waste of assets.

Old
02-07-2004, 03:01 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33

I agree that if I was a Flyer fan, I would never want that to happen. The thing what makes this whole Burke speculation so wide is that everyone knows that Bob Clarke is capable of anything. Basically it is really a case of the Phoenix fans hoping he will lose his mind and give a lot away and the Flyers praying that he isn't going to do so.
At the end, Burke may well end up somewhere else or still be a Coyote at the end of next week.

Old
02-07-2004, 03:10 PM
PF

I don't think anyone said Gagne was going to get Nagy or Doan, I believe the quote was something like "if we dealt Gagne I'd want Nagy or Doan coming back", to me that reads if we get rid of a good young player we want one back but it didn't indicate the writer thinking that it would be enough to get them straight up for Gagne.

Then again I didn't post it so there we go.

I just don't want Burke to be honest with you but if we are going to trade for him, I don't see it being worthwhile if we need to give up a Comrie, he's young he's not scoring at this current point in time but he's got alot of time left in his career to do things. I know Gretzky likes him but unless Clarke gets something he deems worth Woywitka, a first and a third in return (I do not think Burke is worth that) it's like he's admitting he did something wrong, Clarke doesn't do apologies which is why I don't see that one going down.

Gagne, we deal him our left side looks quite crap really, Fedoruk, Lapointe, LeClair and Brashear. We get older, we lose a real speedster so our forwards as a group get slower. Unless there's a left wing coming back as well it doesn't make sense, and I mean a scoring left wing because Lapointe, Fedoruk and Brashear aren't that.

Anyway, just my commentary on the situation, personal opinion, I'd like Fernandez as our new backup in Philly or even Nittymaki to do it, he's been good so far (but Clarke wouldn't take him as backup into the playoffs I doubt).

Old
02-07-2004, 03:11 PM
blah

Quote:
I agree that if I was a Flyer fan, I would never want that to happen. The thing what makes this whole Burke speculation so wide is that everyone knows that Bob Clarke is capable of anything. Basically it is really a case of the Phoenix fans hoping he will lose his mind and give a lot away and the Flyers praying that he isn't going to do so.
At the end, Burke may well end up somewhere else or still be a Coyote at the end of next week.
So what you're basicly saying is you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment? In that case...prattle on.

Old
02-07-2004, 03:13 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
So what you're basicly saying is you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment? In that case...prattle on.
Thanks for worrying for me Blah, but If I am preparing myself to be surprised, i doubt i will be disappointed :p

Old
02-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Thanks for worrying for me Blah, but If I am preparing myself to be surprised, i doubt i will be disappointed :p
lol quote of the day excellent.. im almost tempted to use that ugly laughing smilie.

Old
02-07-2004, 03:27 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
lol quote of the day excellent.. im almost tempted to use that ugly laughing smilie.
You must have some low standards. There was nothing quotable about what he said.

Old
02-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
You must have some low standards. There was nothing quotable about what he said.
oh just chill out will you..

Old
02-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Cross Out The Eyes*

Send a message via AIM to Cross Out The Eyes* Send a message via Yahoo to Cross Out The Eyes*
To Philly: Sean Burke, Branko Radovojevic, Tyson Nash/Dan Cleary

To Phoenix: Mike Comrie, Jim Vandermeer, third/fourth rounder

Fair trade for both sides, and both sides get what they need.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:48 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Out The Eyes
Tyson Nash/Dan Cleary
Do we have to trade the only guys with heart? (Doan aside)

Closed Thread