HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Dogs comeback, Locke explodes

Old
04-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
OT: Dogs comeback, Locke explodes

Dogs just got their "Comeback of the century" by winning 8-4 after trailing by 1-4 midway to the second. Then they scored 7 unanswered goals with Locke having a career night with 3 goals and 3 assists. I hope we trade the kid sometime next season so he could get a chance in the NHL since we don't have any room for this type of player. I think he could turn into a Comrie-type player.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Congrats to Locke and the Dogs, that must have been an amazing game to watch.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Mustafa*

And Ferland had 2 goals and two assists.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I hope we trade the kid sometime next season so he could get a chance in the NHL since we don't have any room for this type of player. I think he could turn into a Comrie-type player.
AT the very least, we should start by making him a Black Aces and see how he handles himself before making a decision.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:54 AM
tinyzombies

Waytago boys!

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Chips???

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 01:10 AM
TroyM

I was worried that Locke spontaneously combusted... thank god for the good news

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
Chips???
Where in the world is Carmen Candichipego?

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I could be mistaken, but I don't think we have Locke under contract for next year.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
CxHxIxExF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I was worried that Locke spontaneously combusted...
I could never be so lucky

CxHxIxExF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 02:01 AM
warsawyak

Why is this OT? Locke is still within the organization.

warsawyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:18 AM
NewHabsEra*

I imagine the kind of speech Lever made in the locker room after the first...

Maybe some of you feel they should be with the big team right now.. Why Greg and not me? Greg isnt the most skilled out there, some guys in that locker room have more natural talent, so why Greg, not you? I dont know guys if you saw the game he played against the Leafs but the guy was doing everything to help his team winning, he was doing every little things I'm asking you to do extremmely well.. There is no secret to reach the last level, you have to improve on your weakness Im telling you to improve to become the most complete possible to help your team winning.. Now its up to you guys, some of you are at the point where you maybe should thinking about your future..Do you want to spend the next 10-15 years of your live in the American league making 75 000$ per year, moving in Europe to continue play hockey.. thinking about coming back to school.. Thats a wake up call for some of you guys, if you wanna make the NHL one day you have to improve on your weakness to deserve a call up..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Form and Substance

Yeah it shouldn`t be OT really. Maybe in the Hamilton thread. Wow 6 points though. 68 pts in 75 games.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:43 AM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
AT the very least, we should start by making him a Black Aces and see how he handles himself before making a decision.

You crazy??? I don't want Locke even practicing with the habs for the playoffs!!!

Seriously, he is not an NHLer, and that's just too bad... But they can't make it all you know

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 06:03 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Does this even happen anymore?

Old
04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
Seriously, he is not an NHLer, and that's just too bad... But they can't make it all you know
And you can prove this how? Michael Ryder wasn't an NHLer. Martin St. Louis wasn't an NHLer. I'm sure there are tons of examples..

What has Locke ever done to prove he's not NHL material? The biggest flaw for him right now is not any part of his game.. its our extreme depth of players who can play centre (Pleks, Koivu, Higgins, Lappy, Chipchura, Begin, Smolinski, etc).. Plus all the top-end prospects (Maxwell, White) who we have coming through the system as well.

Send Locke to a team like Tampa Bay or St. Louis, and I think he's at the very least, a 4th liner who can score some pts.

Everyone talks about Price being the main reason why the Dogs won the Calder Cup last season.. but because of Price's amazing showing .. people tend to overlook Corey Locke who scored 22 PTS in 22 GP, and was the best player on the team aside from Price.

There will always, ALWAYS be questions about Corey Locke's size. But he has great vision of the ice and should at least get a shot (15-20 games) to see if he is NHL material. Maybe not in Montreal, but on a bottom-10 team.

He's in the middle of his best season as a Hamilton Bulldog right now scoring 68 PTS in 75 GP. He's just two goals shy of the 30 mark.

He's just 23 years old.. I think he will be an NHLer sometime shortly .. maybe as soon as next season.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:00 AM
mcphee

Quote:
same here, I worry about that a lot. I pray for rain, just in case.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:01 AM
PK*

RIP Corey

PK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Toro

i still have faith in locke. So does gainey i believe. I will be shocked if he is not a black ace.
He has shown some decent consistancy this season, he deserves a chance somewhere next year. He will get more than 1 game next year either in Montreal or elsewhere.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
I imagine the kind of speech Lever made in the locker room after the first...

Maybe some of you feel they should be with the big team right now.. Why Greg and not me? Greg isnt the most skilled out there, some guys in that locker room have more natural talent, so why Greg, not you? I dont know guys if you saw the game he played against the Leafs but the guy was doing everything to help his team winning, he was doing every little things I'm asking you to do extremmely well.. There is no secret to reach the last level, you have to improve on your weakness Im telling you to improve to become the most complete possible to help your team winning.. Now its up to you guys, some of you are at the point where you maybe should thinking about your future..Do you want to spend the next 10-15 years of your live in the American league making 75 000$ per year, moving in Europe to continue play hockey.. thinking about coming back to school.. Thats a wake up call for some of you guys, if you wanna make the NHL one day you have to improve on your weakness to deserve a call up..
They wish they made 75 k a year.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Habitants

yeah i saw that! wowzers! great stuff from locke! i do hope he gets to play in the NHL one day, and also ferland. they are hard working guys, and they deserve a chance. great stuff for the dogs!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Does this even happen anymore?
Documented as recently as the incident of the drummer for Spinal Tap. Yeah it happens!

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:50 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Documented as recently as the incident of the drummer for Spinal Tap. Yeah it happens!
Thats why your not supposed to hold in your farts..

Congrats to Locke, its unfortunate I really don't think he'll ever get a chance on this team... Hopefully Bob can get him to another team for some sort of late round pick and let the kid get his chance.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
neofury*

I've always anticipated the habs trading locke, and I think trading locke will be one of those big mistakes of the century the habs make if they do it. I can tell this guy is going to be awesome, definitely at minimum a solid 3rd liner. I think they should've given him and D'ago much more ice time (even grabovski is good)

One thing I will say, Stewart shocked me the most.

Any of you guys think Grabovski/Steward/D'agostini and Locke will all be solid NHLers in max 2 years?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
And you can prove this how? Michael Ryder wasn't an NHLer. Martin St. Louis wasn't an NHLer. I'm sure there are tons of examples..

There will always, ALWAYS be questions about Corey Locke's size. But he has great vision of the ice and should at least get a shot (15-20 games) to see if he is NHL material. Maybe not in Montreal, but on a bottom-10 team.

He's in the middle of his best season as a Hamilton Bulldog right now scoring 68 PTS in 75 GP. He's just two goals shy of the 30 mark.

He's just 23 years old.. I think he will be an NHLer sometime shortly .. maybe as soon as next season.
His size is somewhat a problem and so is his skating. I just don't believe he is built for the NHL that's all. There's probably a reason a guy like Grabosky got to play in Mtl instead of Locke.

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote