HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gonchar to Buffalo (proposal)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2004, 11:01 AM
  #1
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Gonchar to Buffalo (proposal)

A trade that sets up Buffalo to make a playoff run, and doesn't add too much salary to the Sabres. It also gives Washington 2 d-men to address their depth issues, as well as a good 3rd line checking centerman and a potential top line winger.

To Washington: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Brown, Delmore (-4.54 total)
To Buffalo: Gonchar, Grier (+5.2)


Buffalo adds toughness and a true PP QB. Not enough for Gonchar? Too much? Flame away

TehDoak is online now  
Old
02-07-2004, 12:35 PM
  #2
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
I'd rather see the return of Bob Boughner.....

Campbell + Milley for Boughner

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 12:45 PM
  #3
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Those hints at Gonchar were just false optimism.Buffalo won't acquire Gonchar,nor anybody worthwhile.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 12:47 PM
  #4
jincargo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
A trade that sets up Buffalo to make a playoff run, and doesn't add too much salary to the Sabres. It also gives Washington 2 d-men to address their depth issues, as well as a good 3rd line checking centerman and a potential top line winger.

To Washington: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Brown, Delmore (-4.54 total)
To Buffalo: Gonchar, Grier (+5.2)


Buffalo adds toughness and a true PP QB. Not enough for Gonchar? Too much? Flame away
Take off Afinogenov and Delmore off...add a 1st and 3rd and you might have yourself deal.

jincargo is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 12:49 PM
  #5
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Those hints at Gonchar were just false optimism.Buffalo won't acquire Gonchar,nor anybody worthwhile.
Kind of like Rigas......and wasn't it the 98 trade deadline.....or near it.....talk of Francis or Gilmour.

Boughner would be a halfway decent addition.....at least to show some signs of life on this moribund blueline.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 12:50 PM
  #6
musdy
Registered User
 
musdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,341
vCash: 500
just take Afinogenov and we have a nice deal for both teams

musdy is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 01:55 PM
  #7
TehDoak
General Zad
 
TehDoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs
Kind of like Rigas......and wasn't it the 98 trade deadline.....or near it.....talk of Francis or Gilmour.

Boughner would be a halfway decent addition.....at least to show some signs of life on this moribund blueline.
Actually, I think you are thinking of the '99 trade deadline and the offseason before that. Buffalo offered Francis 5 million/season and nearly aquired Gilmour before he got injured prior to the trade deadline

TehDoak is online now  
Old
02-07-2004, 06:25 PM
  #8
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
A trade that sets up Buffalo to make a playoff run, and doesn't add too much salary to the Sabres. It also gives Washington 2 d-men to address their depth issues, as well as a good 3rd line checking centerman and a potential top line winger.

To Washington: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Brown, Delmore (-4.54 total)
To Buffalo: Gonchar, Grier (+5.2)


Buffalo adds toughness and a true PP QB. Not enough for Gonchar? Too much? Flame away
take out afinogenov and but in biron. then the washington capitals but in ollie buffalo then trades ollie away to the flyers. could look like this....

Washington:
Tallinder
Brown
Delmore
Biron

Buffalo
Grier
Gonchar
1st Overall Pick from Philly

Philidelphia
Kolzig

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 06:36 PM
  #9
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
To Buff: Gonchar, Grier

To Wash: Vanek, Tallinder, 3rd

EroCaps is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 07:11 PM
  #10
future consideration
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
To Buff: Gonchar, Grier

To Wash: Vanek, Tallinder, 3rd
Vanek won't be dealt, neither will Kalinin. I know you want those two in any deal for Gonchar but they won't be dealt. Thats why I fail to see a deal involving Gonchar to Buffalo.

And people, some low balling in your trades for Gonchar. He's a Norris calibre defensman and isn't gonna be giving him away. They don't have to deal him for money reasons and I think the only reason he may be dealt is for some very good youth in order to rebuild.

future consideration is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 07:18 PM
  #11
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by future consideration
Vanek won't be dealt, neither will Kalinin. I know you want those two in any deal for Gonchar but they won't be dealt. Thats why I fail to see a deal involving Gonchar to Buffalo.

And people, some low balling in your trades for Gonchar. He's a Norris calibre defensman and isn't gonna be giving him away. They don't have to deal him for money reasons and I think the only reason he may be dealt is for some very good youth in order to rebuild.
Agreed. Honestly, I really expect we'll see Gonchar go to a team that is already known to mortgage their future assets a little bit, and which is a bona fide Cup contender. It's going to be more expensive than some think, and the Caps will be looking primarily for prospects and/or picks, maybe a skilled young player already in the NHL. Only teams gearing up for a legitimate Cup run this year are likely to give up that sort of package.

Drake1588 is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 07:26 PM
  #12
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by future consideration
Vanek won't be dealt, neither will Kalinin. I know you want those two in any deal for Gonchar but they won't be dealt. Thats why I fail to see a deal involving Gonchar to Buffalo.

And people, some low balling in your trades for Gonchar. He's a Norris calibre defensman and isn't gonna be giving him away. They don't have to deal him for money reasons and I think the only reason he may be dealt is for some very good youth in order to rebuild.
I do want those two in a trade, hence the perpetual spewing.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 07:30 PM
  #13
AshRaTempel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
To Washington: Afinogenov, Tallinder, Brown, Delmore (-4.54 total)
To Buffalo: Gonchar, Grier (+5.2)
This could actually happen, mdoak. Washington is one of the few teams in the NHL where Delmore would actually be a top 6 Dman at this point. I think it's a fair deal.

Gonchar will not be had cheaply -- see the Matt Schneider deal last year for reference.

AshRaTempel is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 09:49 PM
  #14
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Actually, I think you are thinking of the '99 trade deadline and the offseason before that. Buffalo offered Francis 5 million/season and nearly aquired Gilmour before he got injured prior to the trade deadline
That's why I said 98 or near it......one of those years.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
02-07-2004, 11:55 PM
  #15
Fayne Gretzky
Registered User
 
Fayne Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
take out afinogenov and but in biron. then the washington capitals but in ollie buffalo then trades ollie away to the flyers. could look like this....

Washington:
Tallinder
Brown
Delmore
Biron

Buffalo
Grier
Gonchar
1st Overall Pick from Philly

Philidelphia
Kolzig
Edmonton owns Philadelphias 1st rounder, but it wouldn't be 1st overall anyway.

Fayne Gretzky is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 12:46 AM
  #16
st_roland
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BUSH CONTRY-Frederick, MD
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
take out afinogenov and but in biron. then the washington capitals but in ollie buffalo then trades ollie away to the flyers. could look like this....

Washington:
Tallinder
Brown
Delmore
Biron

Buffalo
Grier
Gonchar
1st Overall Pick from Philly

Philidelphia
Kolzig
never in a million years.

st_roland is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 09:25 AM
  #17
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
never in a million years.
wont happen now because of burke

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.