HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LaFleur should apologize

Old
04-10-2008, 02:52 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post

WHAT? He had the best hair of hockey ever... how can you say something like this????
I preferred Larry Robinson's white man afro and matching moustache as a style

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Puckhead58*

He said those things to motivate the team. Lafleur is part of the Canadiens organization, do you really think he was trying to call down a team that he has been a part of for decades???

I think Lafleur should keep talking. He seemed to light a fire under the team and they ended up proving almost everybody wrong by finishing 1st in the East and by scoring the most goals out of every team.

Lafleur doesn't have to apologize for anything. At the time he said the team had four 4th lines, the team was playing poorly and actually looked like they were 4th line players, but since he made those comments, the team has picked it up and never looked back....so IMO...Lafleur doesn't have anything to apologize for.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

Lafleur said he had nothing against having the players unhappy... Do you seriously think he thought what he said?? He exagerated his thought so that it had more impact.. Just like Im doing once in a while

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Lafleur said he had nothing against having the players unhappy... Do you seriously think he thought what he said?? He exagerated his thought so that it had more impact.. Just like Im doing once in a while
Exactly. If you don't know Guy Lafleur by now, you never will. He uses exaggeration and sarcasm to make his points. I find him very funny myself. And if you notice, the team played very well after his comments.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Blades 0f Steel

True. It's not like Guy is ever held accountable for anything.

Oh.

Wait...

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2008, 10:49 PM
habsfan1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
To the team and organization for calling them a bunch of fourth liners earlier this year. Has anyone in the media approached him on those comments since the end of the season. It wouldn't be a bad thing for him to eat some humble pie if you ask me!
remember . that night we ve been outplayed .he said what he saw that guy lafleur always says what he thinks why67 apologizes ? we were out played that night that s all if you wANT TO crucified him man i hope you can play like him if not plzzz shut the ***** up tyvm mr no 1 fan

habsfan1957 is offline   Reply With Quote