Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland

Jere Karalahti

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2004, 05:27 PM
MSteudle

vCash: 500
Jere Karalahti

Is he still fighting his demons What's the latest update? Any chance of him returning to NA . Was pretty decent when he played in LA.

Old
02-07-2004, 09:35 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSteudle
Is he still fighting his demons What's the latest update? Any chance of him returning to NA . Was pretty decent when he played in LA.
I think the only demon he has is that he likes to drink. I don't think he was any worse than a lot of players, but with his drug past, the NHL wouldn't tolerate it. Maybe if his name was Theo Fleury.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Well he isn't suspended from playing in the NHL anymore but I doubt anyone would want to take him even if he would have a big change in attitude. Jerks that choose that drinking alot of alcohol is more important than playing top-notch hockey don't deserve to be in the NHL. It is too bad that he is a jerk... He could easily be one of Finland's greatest d-men, he has pretty much it all, is sound defensively, plays an awesome positional play, hits hard, is a good skater, has a heck of a shot, is a good passer who florishes on both special teams.

Old
02-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Slime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Jerks that choose that drinking alot of alcohol is more important than playing top-notch hockey don't deserve to be in the NHL. It is too bad that he is a jerk...
Why does alcohol problems make him a jerk? Jerk means a being a bad person, a guy that is mean to other people.

I think Jere Karalahti was pretty cool saying F U to the big $$, and instead returning home, where he is actually welcomed! Instead of being treated with an american hypocrit attitude. I mean who doesn't drink, he is an adult and what he chooses to do on his free time should be his own business and no one elses.

Hail Jere!

Old
02-09-2004, 01:32 AM
MSteudle

Drinking is ok. As long as he doesn't affect anyone elses life in the process I'm a bit disappointed he isn't playing currently or is he? He's one of the reasons I got to like hockey.

Last edited by MSteudle: 02-09-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old
02-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSteudle
Drinking is ok I guess. As long as he doesn't affect anyone elses life in the process I'm a bit disappointed he isn't playing currently or is he? He's one of the reasons I got to like hockey.
Jere is playing with HIFK of the finnish SM-liiga.

Closed Thread