vCash: 5775
My day will come: Niittymaki to start vs. Washington tomorrow

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/1431.asp

Sometime, I will need to find all my old Niittymaki threads on this board

Old
02-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Sampe

vCash: 500
Fabulous news. Not only will Niittymäki make his debut, but I will actually be able to watch the game on TV. Screw the university studies. Go for it, Antero!

Old
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I'm gonna order some wings, break my diet and break out the soda. and to counter it i will eat a lot of rice cakes and carb control yogurt and armenian string cheese.

and a salad. i'm probably going to mcdonalds in the morning too.

Old
02-04-2004, 08:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Flyers beat Washington 5-1 tonight. Niittymaki made 19 saves, and was beaten by Robert Lang on a goal he had no chance on. He made a big save and the Flyers came back the other way and scored to make it 2-1 and after that the Flyers were in complete control. Niittymaki and the Flyers allowed just 1 second chance shot, and except for spans in the 2nd period, dominated the play.

But they are talking about another start tomorrow against Atlanta, and Kovalchuk and Heatley. These guys are due to take off any game now, i don't know if i want them taking off against our kid goalie

Old
02-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
Antero seemed to play just fine against the thrashers... His stats look pretty good albeit he's only played two games so it can still turn bad. But still... 2 games, 2 wins...

2GP 2W 0L 0T 41SA 2GA 1.00GAA 39S .951S%
Not too shabby

Old
02-07-2004, 02:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The biggest test was in the first period. In the 2nd the Flyers took control, Ilya Kovalchuk had a fatal giveaway, and the game turned around.

Hackett is questionable for Tuesday's game against New Jersey. I think Niittymaki was sent down so he can play tonight for the Phantoms. Unless the Flyers indeed made a trade for Sean Burke (if there is a deal done, I think we'll find out tonight or tomorrow during the All-Star festivites), Niittymaki will be the one with the team, alternating with Hackett until Robert Esche returns.

Niittymaki, unless injuries hit the goalies again, won't gain a roster spot with the Flyers during the course of this season, but next season, he will be in the mix challenging for the backup role with Hackett.

Closed Thread