HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

Old
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
centrehice

vCash: 500
Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/#?amp;lid=subl...topRelated_nhl

I didn't notice it last night, but the tsn recap talks about it. You can see later in the game after the whistle, Lucic walks into the crease and cross checks Komi on his hip. It then goes on to mention that that's why teams don't want to reveal the location of injuries.

Dirty, dirty Lucic.

Lay him out next game Komi!

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/#?amp;lid=subl...topRelated_nhl

I didn't notice it last night, but the tsn recap talks about it. You can see later in the game after the whistle, Lucic walks into the crease and cross checks Komi on his hip. It then goes on to mention that that's why teams don't want to reveal the location of injuries.

Dirty, dirty Lucic.

Lay him out next game Komi!
Lucic is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Komi had a hip pointer, not sure what cross checking him there will affect that in any way. It's basically a muscle type injury...oh well, another reason to pound them physically next game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:23 AM
BigTimer*

I remembered that from the game, and afterwards Komi gave Lucic a word. Either things escalate or they die down, but something's going to come of it.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:24 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Lucic is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Komi had a hip pointer, not sure what cross checking him there will affect that in any way. It's basically a muscle type injury...oh well, another reason to pound them physically next game.
IMO, Lucic is plying his role. Could had been real dirty. I like the look Komi give him. The lone bright spot in the Bruins. The habs will take care of him. Hammer hammered him and we will see more of this next game. I also like the sandwich Charra got.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Lucie is a big LOSER, it's twice now he hits players after a whistle.Guess it makes him feel BIG

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:30 AM
znk

It's hockey

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Lucic was rendered to a little ***** last night. I don't think he can handle the pressure of the playoffs.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:32 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

it happens.

you dont see anybody *****ing about begin's cross check to savard here.

the bruins hated that, but loved what Lucic did last night.

it's part of the game.

dont really see it being dirty, frankly.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
JaymzB

Good lord, itís the playoffs. Let the Ruinsí fans whine and complain about crap like this.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Judge Sauer*

As much as I didn't like the play, I do like Lucic. He's going to be special down the road. He's only 19 right now and throws his weight, he can fight and is usually smart enough not to take bad penalties that many rookies do. If anything, he could be Nilan incarnate. Someone I'd like to have on the Habs.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Patty Roy

If Komisarek delivered a vicious cross check to Marc Savard's back you can bet that Bruins fans would be complaining about it today.

It was a dirty play by Lucic, but nothing major.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:38 AM
brownman*

Yeah it's just hockey, if Lucic isn't keying on Komisarek's hip then he's not doing his job.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:41 AM
CenterHice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
it happens.

you dont see anybody *****ing about begin's cross check to savard here.

the bruins hated that, but loved what Lucic did last night.

it's part of the game.

dont really see it being dirty, frankly.
It's one thing to be physical, but another to apparently target an area you know was recently injured.
How would Bruins fans feel if the Habs were taking shots at Bergeron's head after the whistle or goign after Savard's back?
It's one thing to do it during the action and I say go for it, even on the Habs players, but after the whistle is cheap.

CenterHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
AH

Hey, the Bruins are just being physical.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Yeah it's just hockey, if Lucic isn't keying on Komisarek's hip then he's not doing his job.
exactly, if we were quiet about Begin, and we were, let's let the hyprocrite merry go round turn on its own for awhile. I was impressed by Lucic last night. When Hamrlik nailed him, the modern player reaction is to go after him, Lucic took the hit and played on. When Komi took the penalty for the second hit, Lucic was set to retaliate but didn't. A selfish player would've.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Judge Sauer*

Come on now, it's not like Lucic went full force on Komi, it's one of those crosschecks that happen a hundred times in a game. Lucic was most likely doing it on Komi's hip to get some more room for a scoring chance, Komi turns around, tells him to knock that **** off on the hip and Lucic stops.....the end, I'm sure things would have turned out differently if Komi thought that there genuinly was an intent to injure.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:52 AM
habfan4

Who cares?

The so called physical players on the Bruins (Lucic, Reich, Thornton & Chara) were total non-factors last night.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Come on now, it's not like Lucic went full force on Komi, it's one of those crosschecks that happen a hundred times in a game. Lucic was most likely doing it on Komi's hip to get some more room for a scoring chance, Komi turns around, tells him to knock that **** off on the hip and Lucic stops.....the end, I'm sure things would have turned out differently if Komi thought that there genuinly was an intent to injure.
it's just frustration. Every whistle last night, Komi gave just a little tickle to the B's forward, never enough to get a penalty but maybe enough to provoke a reaction. That's hockey and why they hate our guy and we hate theirs. I'm not seeing any moral highground though.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:56 AM
RE-HABS

The Bruins will target Komisareks hip it isn't a big secret, why do you think we are going after Chara so much? The Habs know he has been playing with a bad shoulder for awhile now and he is a target too...it's called playoff hockey, and it is the reason why teams are so secretative in regards to injury reports at this time.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:58 AM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
And how exactly do you get more room for a scoring chance after the whistle?

Also, saying that we didn't make a big deal out of Begin's cross check, so why would we talk about this is stupid. If you go to the Bruins board I'm sure they talked about it.

All this, hey it's hockey, hey it's playoffs, is not an excuse. As others have pointed out if Komi went and crushed bergeron's head into the boards, or gave Savard a cross check to the back, is that just hockey too?

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Good for him.

More cross-checks, less boarding, headshots and visors being worn during fights.

I fully expect Chara to take a lot of cross-checks to his shoulder, and if he weren't so bloody tall it would be easier to get away with.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Lucic sure has played a pile of hockey this year - you can't fault him for stamina.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
dlandry77

I think we are not giving Mike K enough credit, I think he is tough enough to take the beatings from the Bruins. Also I think Carbo was smart letting him almost the expected amount of time to heal his wounds. Mike will be fine, he is tough and can stand up for himself. Andrei hit Chara from behind even that could have been a penalty or cheap. Either way in my mind Mike will be fine.

By the time Koivu comes in he will be healed too

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The Bruins will target Komisareks hip it isn't a big secret, why do you think we are going after Chara so much? The Habs know he has been playing with a bad shoulder for awhile now and he is a target too...it's called playoff hockey, and it is the reason why teams are so secretative in regards to injury reports at this time.
They can keep targeting his hip...His back is what's hurt (though they said hip to the media)

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:03 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Lucic sure has played a pile of hockey this year - you can't fault him for stamina.
Yeah as some have already said, he's gonna be special. Really special. He's already a physical specimen at 19, no telling what his ceiling is in that regard. It's gonna be fun to watch him, as a Bruin or not, over the next 20 years.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote