HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
  #26
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
And how exactly do you get more room for a scoring chance after the whistle?

Also, saying that we didn't make a big deal out of Begin's cross check, so why would we talk about this is stupid. If you go to the Bruins board I'm sure they talked about it.

All this, hey it's hockey, hey it's playoffs, is not an excuse. As others have pointed out if Komi went and crushed bergeron's head into the boards, or gave Savard a cross check to the back, is that just hockey too?
it was a little tickle between 2 guys that play hard. Making a big deal about it makes us llok like infants. If you give it, you take it. It's like the whining about the refs on other boards. I'd think that if you told Komisarek you were outraged by this incident, he'd laugh, knowing he'd do the same thing.

It's good practice though because I expect the 2 of them to go after each other for the next 10 years, a la O'Reilly/Robinson.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
  #27
Alex HABensky
 
Alex HABensky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
I have nothing to complain about Bruins dirty plays or smth. Potentially they could play much much more physically (and dirty) than Habs , but it didn't happen. Dunno, may be it has smth with C.Julien... I have some stupid ideas - may be he wanted to show us they could win fairly (yeah, I know they are also affraid of our power play, but...)?


Last edited by Alex HABensky: 04-11-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Alex HABensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:08 AM
  #28
centrehice
Registered User
 
centrehice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
it was a little tickle between 2 guys that play hard. Making a big deal about it makes us llok like infants. If you give it, you take it. It's like the whining about the refs on other boards. I'd think that if you told Komisarek you were outraged by this incident, he'd laugh, knowing he'd do the same thing.

It's good practice though because I expect the 2 of them to go after each other for the next 10 years, a la O'Reilly/Robinson.

I don't see how that's the same at all. Sure Komi plays hard, hits hard, but he's not dirty, and I don't think he'd do the same thing. The same thing would be to target the Bruins injuries, like the back and head I've already mentioned.

I'm not outraged about it, he didn't hurt him. I just wanted to point it out to anyone else who didn't notice, and give my opinion that it's a dirty play. Coming in and roughing someone up is fine, and part of the game, but trying to aggravate injuries is dirty. Plain and simple.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
  #29
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
These little hit like this happens often, but if Lucic did that because he wants to re-injure Komi, that ****ing pathetic.

I know its the playoff, dont mind the rough play but id hate to see the Bruins being frustrated and start playing dirty like what McLaren did to Zednik couples of years ago.

Yesterday, the Habs played the perfect physical game, finishing their hits, strong forecheck and the Bruins was completely neutralized.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:22 AM
  #30
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=centrehice;13585270]I don't see how that's the same at all. Sure Komi plays hard, hits hard, but he's not dirty, and I don't think he'd do the same thing. The same thing would be to target the Bruins injuries, like the back and head I've already mentioned.

I'm not outraged about it, he didn't hurt him. I just wanted to point it out to anyone else who didn't notice, and give my opinion that it's a dirty play. Coming in and roughing someone up is fine, and part of the game, but trying to aggravate injuries is dirty. Plain and simple.[/QUOte

It was just a play that happens between tough competitors. Komisarek will play it as close to the edge as he can. He's very cognizant of what he can do without being penalized. That's a good thing as he plays tough, but he doesn't often put his team in a bad position. So, Lucic was angry and frustrated as the game wore down. imo, it was a non incident.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
  #31
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
Komi can handled it

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:34 AM
  #32
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,727
vCash: 500
I think Lucic got hammered by hammer quite a few times and that compense for his cheap shot artisting effort

But he is a dirty player point

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:43 AM
  #33
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,351
vCash: 500
lol what a loser
what do you expect from a goon

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 10:07 AM
  #34
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
No big deal.

It is funny, though, that Bruins fans consider their team tough when their only physicality comes AFTER the whistle. When it comes to in-game toughness, they're rubbish. They're an easy team to play against.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
  #35
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,099
vCash: 500
Lucia will get what's coming to him just don't worry about it.

Komi will get his vengeance

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
  #36
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/#?amp;lid=subl...topRelated_nhl

I didn't notice it last night, but the tsn recap talks about it. You can see later in the game after the whistle, Lucic walks into the crease and cross checks Komi on his hip. It then goes on to mention that that's why teams don't want to reveal the location of injuries.

Dirty, dirty Lucic.

Lay him out next game Komi!

Lucic is a dirty little RAT! I hope someone takes his head off next game. He's just out there looking to injure someone, he's not trying to score goals or make nice plays, just there to try an injure someone.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
  #37
Nyclaus
Registered User
 
Nyclaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Good Vibes!
Country: Canada
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex HABensky View Post
I have nothing to complain about Bruins dirty plays or smth. Potentially they could play much much more physically (and dirty) than Habs , but it didn't happen. Dunno, may be it has smth with C.Julien... I have some stupid ideas - may be he wanted to show us they could win fairly (yeah, I know they are also affraid of our power play, but...)?
The best powerplay in the league will do that to your game plan, unfortunately.

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
  #38
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Lucic is a dirty little RAT! I hope someone takes his head off next game. He's just out there looking to injure someone, he's not trying to score goals or make nice plays, just there to try an injure someone.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
  #39
BeliveauFan4ever
Registered User
 
BeliveauFan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
I don't get the fuss about Lucic. One of the commentators put Neely and Lucic is the same sentence.

They're both big forwards with 5-letter surnames. The similarities fade pretty quick after that, IMO.

Lucic might prove to be just a 4-cylinder version of Chad Kilger.

BeliveauFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
  #40
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounds919293 View Post
I don't get the fuss about Lucic. One of the commentators put Neely and Lucic is the same sentence.

They're both big forwards with 5-letter surnames. The similarities fade pretty quick after that, IMO.

Lucic might prove to be just a 4-cylinder version of Chad Kilger.
I don't really get this either. He's tough and can play physical, but to compare Lucic to Neely is blasphemous. Lucic had 8 goals this year (as a 19 year old, Latendresse had 16). Unlike Cam, Lucic does not have the finish or the speed to be a 50 goal scorer, or even a 40 goal scorer. He seems like a heart and soul type player, but I can't stand the prognostications that peg him as a future superstar. I think he will be a good third line physical presence and a leader throughout his career, that's it. Not even close to what Neely was.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
  #41
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
They can keep targeting his hip...His back is what's hurt (though they said hip to the media)
They can keep targeting his hip...His knee is what's hurt (though the Habs said hip to the media and WaffleDave said it's his back).

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
  #42
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Where exactly is this article? The link only brought me to TSN's NHL main page

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:50 PM
  #43
usernam
Registered User
 
usernam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Lucic is a dirty little RAT! I hope someone takes his head off next game. He's just out there looking to injure someone, he's not trying to score goals or make nice plays, just there to try an injure someone.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:53 PM
  #44
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,404
vCash: 500
I'm going to send him some football pads: a flack jacket and some kidney pads... RoboKomi

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 01:56 PM
  #45
Jean-Guy Drouin*
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
He just had to drop the gloves, like everybody did in all the 7 other series,if he didnt wanted to be checked like that. The Bruins were willing to fight last night. Not us.

We still won and that's great but that yellow style may lead to injuries, especially against a physical team like Boston.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
  #46
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
What reason would anybody on the Habs have for fighting last night?

We get suckered into a fight by a goon like Lucic, end up losing the fight only to give momentum to the Bruins and they come back and tie the game up. I would rather stay away from any fights, especially when we are winning the game. There is no need to risk injury or risk losing a fight to a team like the Bruins.

They fight all the time because that is one of the only things they can do decent....PERIOD. Montreal doesn't have 4 or 5 goons like Boston does, we have skilled players with blazing speed so no sense sinking to the Bruins level and getting beat at their game when we can keep playing our game and beat the Bruins in 4 straight!!

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
  #47
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 25,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Lucic is a dirty little RAT! I hope someone takes his head off next game. He's just out there looking to injure someone, he's not trying to score goals or make nice plays, just there to try an injure someone.
If you actually watch the video Lucic gives Komisarek the shot in the midsection, not the hip and Komi was laughing about it afterwards. If you saw Lucic with any regularity you would know that he is not a "dirty rat", and had opportunities to really injure people this season in several fights, but did not. He literally knocked a couple of guys out during fights this season (Clarkson from NJ was one), could have continued punching them, but stopped and skated away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sAV5kHO4r8 (about 45 sec in)


B's fans love this guy because he hits, fights, and has some offensive skills (MVP of the Memorial Cup last year) and he is only 19. If Lucic had a Habs jersey on and did that to Savard or another Bruin, you'd be loving it.



ps If you don't want to hear a complete homer play by play of the fight...turn off the sound, lol.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
  #48
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
He just had to drop the gloves, like everybody did in all the 7 other series,if he didnt wanted to be checked like that. The Bruins were willing to fight last night. Not us.

We still won and that's great but that yellow style may lead to injuries, especially against a physical team like Boston.
Old time hockey.

We may see a Lucic vs. Komisarek fight in this series... they don't like each other at all... and If they do fight, one things for sure, it'll be on Komisarek's terms.

I give it a 50/50 chance of occuring. If it happens Komisarek will try and tie Lucic up, controlling him to a point he can land a few punches.

I would hate to loose Komisarek to injury (injured hand or aggrevated hip injury) in a fight vs. Lucic in the first round.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
  #49
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
If you actually watch the video Lucic gives Komisarek the shot in the midsection, not the hip and Komi was laughing about it afterwards. If you saw Lucic with any regularity you would know that he is not a "dirty rat", and had opportunities to really injure people this season in several fights, but did not. He literally knocked a couple of guys out during fights this season (Clarkson from NJ was one), could have continued punching them, but stopped and skated away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sAV5kHO4r8 (about 45 sec in)


B's fans love this guy because he hits, fights, and has some offensive skills (MVP of the Memorial Cup last year) and he is only 19. If Lucic had a Habs jersey on and did that to Savard or another Bruin, you'd be loving it.



ps If you don't want to hear a complete homer play by play of the fight...turn off the sound, lol.

Mod Edit: deleted.

Go back to your own boards and worship Lucic the bum!!!! Here on the Habs boards we talk about hockey, speed and skill, not fighting and goonery!!

You Bruins fans really need to stop putting Lucic on a pedistal....he's not that good of a player. Any Bruins fans I know compare Lucic to Neely.....but nobody can figure out why. Lucic isn't half the hockey player Neely was. The only things they have in common are they are both big power forwards who throw a lot of dirty body checks......after that, there is no comparison. Lucic will never score 30, 40 or 50 goals in a season like Neely done so many times, so stop comparing him as if he will!!!

GO HABS GO!!!


Last edited by Fugu: 04-11-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: flaming
Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:12 PM
  #50
Puckhead58*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre View Post
Old time hockey.

We may see a Lucic vs. Komisarek fight in this series... they don't like each other at all... and If they do fight, one things for sure, it'll be on Komisarek's terms.

I give it a 50/50 chance of occuring. If it happens Komisarek will try and tie Lucic up, controlling him to a point he can land a few punches.

I would hate to loose Komisarek to injury (injured hand or aggrevated hip injury) in a fight vs. Lucic in the first round.

Yeah thats not a very good trade-off is it??? We lose Komisarek, one of our best defencemen and the Bruins lose Lucic, a rookie who can't play hockey, he can only fight and goon it up!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.