HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

Old
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Didn't see anyone complaining about Kostitsyn's hit on Chara. It's playoff hockey, it's ugly and sometimes it gets dirty.

It's not secret the Bruins will target Komisarek. Just as it's no secret the Habs will continue to target Chara's shoulder. There's a reason teams are very reluctant to reveal injuries at this time of year.

Things will only get more intense from here on it. Habs have to be prepared to face the Bruins physically. Worst comes to worse Komisarek just has to drop the gloves with Lucic if gets tired of him.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Yeah thats not a very good trade-off is it??? We lose Komisarek, one of our best defencemen and the Bruins lose Lucic, a rookie who can't play hockey, he can only fight and goon it up!!
I know it's not a good trade off.

Komisarek's a good enough spot picker, that i doubt he'd put himself in a position to get hurt. He's got the rage and he's stronger than Lucic.

Komisarek is not going to go toe-to-toe with Lucic or pretty much any tough guy. That'd be good theatre but that's not Komisarek's style. The only person he's ever attempted that with was the Rangers Dubinsky. My only concern would be he could be a little tender, and aggrevate something falling over. I think he's strong enough to hang with/on to anyone, and i've seen enough to know he can handle himself in a fight with young Lucic.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 02:28 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:

Mod Edit: deleted

Go back to your own boards and worship Lucic the bum!!!! Here on the Habs boards we talk about hockey, speed and skill, not fighting and goonery!!

You Bruins fans really need to stop putting Lucic on a pedistal....he's not that good of a player. Any Bruins fans I know compare Lucic to Neely.....but nobody can figure out why. Lucic isn't half the hockey player Neely was. The only things they have in common are they are both big power forwards who throw a lot of dirty body checks......after that, there is no comparison. Lucic will never score 30, 40 or 50 goals in a season like Neely done so many times, so stop comparing him as if he will!!!

GO HABS GO!!!
That was a trolling post? You obviously haven't seen some of your colleagues work on the B's board? Lucic will never be what Cam Neely was, and anybody that says so does not know what he's talking about. Lucic is only 19, he will get better, and he does have a good shot and some puck skills, but his lateral movement is not good. He did lead Vancouver in goal scoring last year on their way to the Memorial Cup, so he ismore than just a goon.

Lucic is not held on a pedestal by most B's fans, I think they just marvel at the maturity that Lucic has shown at 19, much the same way MON fans have looked at Price's maturity at age 20. I see Lucic scoring 20-25 goals max, but being a physical force as he matures...similar to a Ric Tocchet, but bigger and not quite as skilled.

Last edited by Fugu: 04-11-2008 at 04:51 PM.
GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Kachino

Lucic dirty cross dress on Komi?????????????????????

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Peter Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Come on now, it's not like Lucic went full force on Komi, it's one of those crosschecks that happen a hundred times in a game. Lucic was most likely doing it on Komi's hip to get some more room for a scoring chance, Komi turns around, tells him to knock that **** off on the hip and Lucic stops.....the end, I'm sure things would have turned out differently if Komi thought that there genuinly was an intent to injure.

If I'm not mistaken, it was at the very end of the game. It was definitely after the whistle. Begin's crosscheck should have been a penalty but it was a hockey play made during the play. Lucic's play was just dirty.

Peter Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
sman111

This isn't a troll or anything like that, cause I really don't care who wins this series, But Lucic is freakin awesome I miss seeing that guy play out here we was a monster last season and he is a lot more than just a goon the guy can do every thing on the ice and I would kill to see him in a Canucks uni.

sman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
it's just frustration. Every whistle last night, Komi gave just a little tickle to the B's forward, never enough to get a penalty but maybe enough to provoke a reaction. That's hockey and why they hate our guy and we hate theirs. I'm not seeing any moral highground though.
In all circumstances the Habs have the moral highground. You must look more closely grasshopper.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 05:26 PM
RC51

Look the Boston fans are in shock.
not really because the Bruins lost the game, but for weeks all we here is " at least we can out hit them and make them pay hard for every inch and who knows if players like the Kostitsyn sisters learn a hard Bruin lesson they might just go away"

The SHOCK, Habs out hit the Bruins and stood tall, out scored them and outplayed them, hence the SHOCK

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
le_sean

Whatever, it's the playoffs, it's what pests do. I wish Begin or Lapierre would go around tapping Savard's back just to piss him off. All Komi did was laugh at him after anyways, he doesn't care.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Mister Tazzi

Komi will get back at him when we're winning the series 3-0 in game 4. It'll be a summer present...

Mister Tazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 06:27 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Mod Edit: deleted.

Go back to your own boards and worship Lucic the bum!!!! Here on the Habs boards we talk about hockey, speed and skill, not fighting and goonery!!

You Bruins fans really need to stop putting Lucic on a pedistal....he's not that good of a player. Any Bruins fans I know compare Lucic to Neely.....but nobody can figure out why. Lucic isn't half the hockey player Neely was. The only things they have in common are they are both big power forwards who throw a lot of dirty body checks......after that, there is no comparison. Lucic will never score 30, 40 or 50 goals in a season like Neely done so many times, so stop comparing him as if he will!!!

GO HABS GO!!!
Who the bleep are you to tell people where they can and can't post ? Here on the Habs board we talk about....., jumpin' jeosophat no wonder people think we're nuts.

Of course Lucic isn't Cam Neely. Neely's in the hof and Lucic's a tough kid whose made it to the league at 19 and he's looking like he's got a career ahead of him.

Cheeze Louise.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 06:28 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
In all circumstances the Habs have the moral highground. You must look more closely grasshopper.
Hypocrisy is a pretty common human thing I guess, but holy self righteousness Batman, there are limits.

Old
04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
That was a trolling post? You obviously haven't seen some of your colleagues work on the B's board? Lucic will never be what Cam Neely was, and anybody that says so does not know what he's talking about. Lucic is only 19, he will get better, and he does have a good shot and some puck skills, but his lateral movement is not good. He did lead Vancouver in goal scoring last year on their way to the Memorial Cup, so he ismore than just a goon.

Lucic is not held on a pedestal by most B's fans, I think they just marvel at the maturity that Lucic has shown at 19, much the same way MON fans have looked at Price's maturity at age 20. I see Lucic scoring 20-25 goals max, but being a physical force as he matures...similar to a Ric Tocchet, but bigger and not quite as skilled.
I didn't see anything trollish in nature. btw, is Lucic Croatian ? I work for Croatians and I like to suck up by saying nice things about them.

Old
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Kirk Muller

For what its worth, i'd take Lucic on the habs anyday of the week.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
For what its worth, i'd take Lucic on the habs anyday of the week.
Me too, just makes me wonder what kind of aaaawesome fashion tips he and O'Byrne could dream up together..."

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I didn't see anything trollish in nature. btw, is Lucic Croatian ? I work for Croatians and I like to suck up by saying nice things about them.
According to Wikpedia (which has been known to be incorrect) Lucic is of Serb descent, so mentioning him to your Croat bosses would probably not be a good idea if my understanding of Serb-Croat history is correct, lol. I believe he was born in Canada however, not in Europe.

Old
04-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I believe he was born in Canada however, not in Europe.
You're right -->> Milan Lučić Born Jun 7 1988 -- Vancouver, BC

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
RC51

I have seen Lucic play and I know he is very young and scored 8 goals this year but I tell you all the kid will get better in fact I predict he will have a career year one day and nearly double this years stats

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Just bumping this up...thought Lucic looked pretty good last night, even though he is just a goon that can't play hockey

Old
04-14-2008, 10:05 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Just bumping this up...thought Lucic looked pretty good last night, even though he is just a goon that can't play hockey
Smart arse. I have to hate him now, I think I'm supposed to not like Serbs, though, I get confused about who I'm to be mad it.

Old
04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Guillemin

*eyeroll*

Get a life and watch some hockey.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:19 AM
peperebougon*

Come on guys... Lucic is a player I'd love to be a hab. I do think timmins will try and land us a couple of this type of player this year... This draft will be all big gritty skilled forwards i think. Lucic does what I thought Latendresse would do...

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Puckhead58*

Geezzz....this sounds like the Bruins board with all the Lucic love. I could have sworn that this was the Habs boards.

I'll admit that Lucic is a big guy who can scrap and throw body checks, but after that its downhill. I don't like dirty players and some of the things he does are dirty IMO.
Lucic will never be Cam Neely....not that Cam Neely was anything special. They were both big guys who hit a lot and play physical, only Neely could score.

And I don't understand the big deal about Neely being in the Hall of Fame. It's a joke!!! If Neely is in the Hall of Fame....then Lindros definitely should be....he had better numbers than Neely and they both had a very similar injury-shortened careers.

Anyways.....we still have at least 2 more games to play in this series and hopefully Lucic will get what he has coming to him.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
I feel like punching his ugly mug in.

Im an angel.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I have seen Lucic play and I know he is very young and scored 8 goals this year but I tell you all the kid will get better in fact I predict he will have a career year one day and nearly double this years stats
He has some skill, but to compare him to Cam Neely is comical...like saying that S.Kostitsyn will be the next Lafleur. He wasn't even a PPGM player in junior at 18 and he is a stiff skater. I see him at best as a 15-20 goal guy who plays 3rd line on a top team, 2nd line on a lesser team.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote