HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

Old
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Lucic baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

They'll cry to their mothers when they'll see MaxPac play.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I feel like punching his ugly mug in.

Im an angel.
Me too, but I'm 52 and not a very good fighter. Savard, now that's a guy I can take.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Me too, but I'm 52 and not a very good fighter. Savard, now that's a guy I can take.
That could be more dangerous, Savard might bite you. Or do you fight dirty as well?

Count me as someone who has come to hate Lucic's mug though. He always has that bloody smirk on his face. It was okay when he wasn't scoring and hitting, but now it's a little bit harder to be impartial with him.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:56 PM
lasainteflanelle*

lucic will get what's coming to him in this series. i guarantee it.

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
That could be more dangerous, Savard might bite you. Or do you fight dirty as well?

Count me as someone who has come to hate Lucic's mug though. He always has that bloody smirk on his face. It was okay when he wasn't scoring and hitting, but now it's a little bit harder to be impartial with him.
We're supposed to hate him, he's a tough guy whose always in the face of our players and he's not afraid to be pretty visible out there. That's why other teams hate Komi. He hits them then yaps about how he's going to do it again, switch sweaters, we hate diferent guys.

Boston had a guy named Bob Sweeney, [no not Don], his face was in a perma smirk, God I hated that guy. MY eye would twitch whenevr I'd see him. Smolinski was like that when he came up with Boston, always had that grin, used to bug me.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Habs

I like the kid, would welcome him on this team any day. He is the player this team has been missing for years.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I have seen Lucic play and I know he is very young and scored 8 goals this year but I tell you all the kid will get better in fact I predict he will have a career year one day and nearly double this years stats

So he will score 16 goals in one day? Sweet. The majority of B's fans know he is not gonna be Neely. He is likely a future captain and great leader. He actually has decent hands and good offensive instincts and decent straight-line speed, hopefully all the off-season work-outs in the future will allow him to improve his acceleration and agility. I see him as a future Scott Mellanby, I'd say his absolute ceiling (not likely) is Rick Tocchet (if everything breaks right...the kid has an outstanding work ethic and is only 19).

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I like the kid, would welcome him on this team any day. He is the player this team has been missing for years.
they'll have their version soon enough, bit by bit the pieces are falling into place.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins78 View Post
So he will score 16 goals in one day? Sweet. The majority of B's fans know he is not gonna be Neely. He is likely a future captain and great leader. He actually has decent hands and good offensive instincts and decent straight-line speed, hopefully all the off-season work-outs in the future will allow him to improve his acceleration and agility. I see him as a future Scott Mellanby, I'd say his absolute ceiling (not likely) is Rick Tocchet (if everything breaks right...the kid has an outstanding work ethic and is only 19).
What happened to your last Hab hating tough as nails hard body future captain Nick Boynton?

Oh yeah, he got dumped ...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
mcphee

Quote:
It depends if the NHL ever adopts nose limitations. That's one huge beak. If they limit goalie eqmt., strick curves, why subject the fans to that giant conical structure ?

Old
04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
We're supposed to hate him, he's a tough guy whose always in the face of our players and he's not afraid to be pretty visible out there. That's why other teams hate Komi. He hits them then yaps about how he's going to do it again, switch sweaters, we hate diferent guys.

Boston had a guy named Bob Sweeney, [no not Don], his face was in a perma smirk, God I hated that guy. MY eye would twitch whenevr I'd see him. Smolinski was like that when he came up with Boston, always had that grin, used to bug me.
I can see that...Bob Sweeney was a little wormy. Kind of like Ribiero for B's fans...glad we don't have to see him 8 times a year, he made me want to smash things....he had the same kind of facial expressions that made you pray someone would destroy him.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
lucic will get what's coming to him in this series. i guarantee it.
No he won't. We have no one that can handle Lucic. And I'm with others in saying he is exactly the type of player the Habs need.

habs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
What happened to your last Hab hating tough as nails hard body future captain Nick Boynton?

Oh yeah, he got dumped ...
Yeah, you got me there, not sure how it is relevant. Nick was an average, over-paid defensemen who took terrible penalties and routinely provided opposition power-plays at the worst times and had a bad attitude. Not sure he is missed by many.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
AH

Quote:
Yeah, you got me there, not sure how it is relevant. Nick was an average, over-paid defensemen who took terrible penalties and routinely provided opposition power-plays at the worst times and had a bad attitude. Not sure he is missed by many.
Just saying that a lot of the eloquence thrown towards Lucie are pretty much the same words that were thrown towards Boynton.

Future captain blah blah blah...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Boynton went downhill fast didn't he ? He seemed to be coming in to his own as a solid 3-4 guy and just stopped getting better. He's waiver mat'l now,imo.

Old
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Just bumping this up...thought Lucic looked pretty good last night, even though he is just a goon that can't play hockey
So did Tom Kostopolous... Next time cool your jets before you pull out a bump/gloat combo.

Lucic scored one gimme goal thanks to Streit's decision to leave him alone in front of the net. Given that much time in the slot, most players with any ability should be able to finish the play. Athough I'll give him credit, it was a nice shot. Let's not forget he flubbed two great chances where he was alone in the slot (not getting a shot on either chance).

Lucic's a good energy player, no doubt. But he lacks finish. Sure, he might improve in finishing chances, but he'll never pot 40 or 50 goals. The most he's scored at any decent level of hockey is 30 goals in junior. The constant comparisons to Cam Neely are ridiculous. That is why most of us consider him overrated. Enjoy him for what he is: a good third liner who will chip in with a goal every 4 or 5 games.

Last edited by LyleOdelein: 04-14-2008 at 01:30 PM.
LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
So did Tom Kostopolous... Next time cool your jets before you pull out a bump/gloat combo.

Lucic scored one gimme goal thanks to Streit's decision to leave him alone in front of the net. Given that much time in the slot, most players with any ability should be able to finish the play. Athough I'll give him credit, it was a nice shot. Let's not forget he flubbed two great chances where he was alone in the slot (not getting a shot on either chance).

Lucic's a good energy player, no doubt. But he lacks finish. Sure, he might improve in finishing chances, but he'll never pot 40 or 50 goals. The most he's scored at any decent level of hockey is 30 goals in junior. The constant comparisons to Cam Neely comparisons are ridiculous. That is why most of us consider him overrated. Enjoy him for what he is: a good third liner who will chip in with a goal every 4 or 5 games.
It's tthe same with Lats. He's going to be a good player and there will always be things he can do, but the hockey world got put off with all the talk generated on his behalf, thru no fault of his own. Lucic can be a 50-60 point guy, wouldn't you think ? He isn't pretty [in any respect] but his instincts are good, and when you combine it with the physical aspect, he's a nice piece to any puzzle, or at least he would be if not for the color sweater he wears.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
This is a good post. That's a much better comparison actually. I can see that. I've honestly read/heard the Neely comparison so many times I think it's driving me nuts.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
Boynton went downhill fast didn't he ? He seemed to be coming in to his own as a solid 3-4 guy and just stopped getting better. He's waiver mat'l now,imo.
He did, curious case because he was taking so many bad penalties here and was apparently bad in the dressing room; however it seemed to stem from the fact that he hated losing...he seemed to be trying to play overly physical. There seems to be a growing # of d-men (like Boynton) who are perceived at being good in all three zones, able to contribute a little offensively, play well in their own end, play physical...but in the end the simple decision making or bad turnovers really exposes them. Brad Stuart and the Toronto Maple Leafs defensive corps come to mind. It seems it is easier to mix & match strengths of d-men then to find those guys who can contribute in all areas...maybe because they end up getting overpaid. You guys definitely have a nice mix of versatile d-men, but in general they seem to be hard to come by.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
It's tthe same with Lats. He's going to be a good player and there will always be things he can do, but the hockey world got put off with all the talk generated on his behalf, thru no fault of his own. Lucic can be a 50-60 point guy, wouldn't you think ? He isn't pretty [in any respect] but his instincts are good, and when you combine it with the physical aspect, he's a nice piece to any puzzle, or at least he would be if not for the color sweater he wears.
Once again mcphee has said everything that I think, but am not eloquent enough to express in my own posts. I believe that Lucic will probably score around 25 goals in his prime years, while at the same time providing toughness and leadership. I don't think he's a bad player, I just can't see him becoming a superstar in the league.

Old
04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
He did, curious case because he was taking so many bad penalties here and was apparently bad in the dressing room; however it seemed to stem from the fact that he hated losing...he seemed to be trying to play overly physical. There seems to be a growing # of d-men (like Boynton) who are perceived at being good in all three zones, able to contribute a little offensively, play well in their own end, play physical...but in the end the simple decision making or bad turnovers really exposes them. Brad Stuart and the Toronto Maple Leafs defensive corps come to mind. It seems it is easier to mix & match strengths of d-men then to find those guys who can contribute in all areas...maybe because they end up getting overpaid. You guys definitely have a nice mix of versatile d-men, but in general they seem to be hard to come by.
Yeah, but the problem is that they seem to be on the same side for the same type, except for Hammer and Breezer...

Komi and O'Byrne are big, checking, defensive Dmen and are both right-handed, Markov and Streit are both small, talented, poking, offensice Dmen and are both left handed... a mix of the sides would be good for a change.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_Odelein View Post
Once again mcphee has said everything that I think, but am not eloquent enough to express in my own posts. I believe that Lucic will probably score around 25 goals in his prime years, while at the same time providing toughness and leadership. I don't think he's a bad player, I just can't see him becoming a superstar in the league.
whiler we're getting along, I think I just challenged the entire Bruins board to a fight, so I may need some help.

Quote:
You mention his issues in the room, I always thought McLaren would've become more than he did, but I heard similar stories.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
You mention his issues in the room, I always thought McLaren would've become more than he did, but I heard similar stories.
A lot of that was pre-lockout where our ownership was very cheap and there was quite a bit of turnover. I think there was a bad culture/vibe sorrounding the team. People saw a revolving door of players, people leaving for greener pastures. I know McLaren supposedly felt like he needed a fresh start...although I think I remember some bad arbitration resolutions that probably p*ssed him off. I know the SJ board is calling for McLaren to be benched in favor of Erhoff. I always upset when mcLaren left, Boynton...not so much.

Old
04-14-2008, 02:19 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I would love to have Lucic on our team.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
I would love to have Lucic on our team.
+1.

People can bash him all they want.. but he's the type of player I wish Latendresse was.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote