HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucic dirty cross check on Komi

Old
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
bb_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
Good lord, itís the playoffs. Let the Ruinsí fans whine and complain about crap like this.
WHY?

you guys do it so much better!

Or latendrese boarding savard, or komi boarding lucic, or half of komi's hits being high (kinda funny to watch Noki duck a bit and see him go right over the top!!)

this is the part of the playoffs and HF boards i hate and why i usually stay away, but i suppsoe you want to claim this type of play doesn tgo both ways??

please guys, your smarter than this... grow up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Lucic is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. .
you got anything tp back this up with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Lucic was rendered to a little ***** last night. I don't think he can handle the pressure of the playoffs.
right....

was it him laying Komisarek out with thatg beautiful hit or the goal he scored that makes you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
I don't see how that's the same at all. Sure Komi plays hard, hits hard, but he's not dirty, and I don't think he'd do the same thing. The same thing would be to target the Bruins injuries, like the back and head I've already mentioned.

I'm not outraged about it, he didn't hurt him. I just wanted to point it out to anyone else who didn't notice, and give my opinion that it's a dirty play. Coming in and roughing someone up is fine, and part of the game, but trying to aggravate injuries is dirty. Plain and simple.
So kimisarek can board people and its clean, but if Lucic does something its dirty....

so if thats how you think, do you have the stones to admit that Begins dirty?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:45 PM.
bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:40 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Just bumping this up...thought Lucic looked pretty good last night, even though he is just a goon that can't play hockey
lol you felt the need to bump a thread in a Habs board?

and they say we're the insecure ones.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
So kimisarek can board people and its clean, but if Lucic does something its dirty....

Please go on the main board and ask if Komisarek is dirty.

Are yous saying Begin is dirty cuz of one crosscheck on Savard? You're sure the intent was to injure and not to take him out of the play?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:49 PM.
m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
WHY?

you guys do it so much better!

Or latendrese boarding savard, or komi boarding lucic, or half of komi's hits being high (kinda funny to watch Noki duck a bit and see him go right over the top!!)

this is the part of the playoffs and HF boards i hate and why i usually stay away, but i suppsoe you want to claim this type of play doesn tgo both ways??

please guys, your smarter than this... grow up a bit.
Pot

Kettle

Black

Quote:

Do you have the stones to admit Boston is a second rate team and absolutely needs to play the trap to ever hope to win?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I love Komi but sometime I wonder if he's afraid to fight. To put the Habs back in the game, get revenge on Lucic should have been done to place things back in order. I sort of feel like Lucic wouldn't have had a problem to drop the gloves if he was invited but I don't know about Komi if it was the opposite situation.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Please go on the main board and ask if Komisarek is dirty.

Are yous saying Begin is dirty cuz of one crosscheck on Savard? You're sure the intent was to injure and not to take him out of the play?
no, what i am saying is that if the poster that started this thread and stated that Lucic is dirty becuase of one cross check on Komi, then by default he must be able to admit that Begin is dirty (and i use him becusase its the most obvious of incidents)

trying to get into the logic behind the thought process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Do you have the stones to admit Boston is a second rate team and absolutely needs to play the trap to ever hope to win?
only if it were true.

Do you have the stones to admit you got lucky in game two and were outplayed then, just as you were last night?

Last edited by Beakermania*: 04-14-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old
04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
m00ks

Quote:
no, what i am saying is that if the poster that started this thread and stated that Lucic is dirty becuase of one cross check on Komi, then by default he must be able to admit that Begin is dirty (and i use him becusase its the most obvious of incidents)

trying to get into the logic behind the thought process
None of the three are dirty but your board has somehow dubbed Steve Begin as the new Chris Simon . I see B's constantly elbowing Kovalev but I wouldn't even call that dirty. I see Price punching a Bruin in the back in front of his crease and I won't call that dirty. Too much bias on both ends.

edit: Oh yah B's got lucky it was even close in game 2 (2 breakaways and a botched 5-3). I don't know how we were soundly outplayed last night if Thomas had to be SPECTACULAR to win the game. And yes Bruins DO have a second rate team that requires the trap to win. I'm not even putting the

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
only if it were true.

Do you have the stones to admit you got lucky in game two and were outplayed then, just as you were last night?
The Habs weren't outplayed in game 2... many outside shots by the Ruins, go check the stats.. 20 scoring chances by the Habs, 10 by your Ruins.

And you don't think the Ruins didn't get lucky last night? They got outplayed in the 3rd and overtime. Both the last two games were close because of Thomas. Without him, this series would be 3-0 already and would end tomorrow, just like Theodore was 4 years ago, no team, few talent, trap system, good goalie, same coach.

Typical.

Old
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
mcphee

Quote:
you got anything tp back this up with?
Well, I thought it was generally accepted that nose size worked inversely to intelligence ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Well, I thought it was generally accepted that nose size worked inversely to intelligence ?
I thought that was fashion taste for dresses? Proportionatly to intelligence I mean, not the nose size.

Old
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
CPrice

Quote:

Obviously when Lucic did it was dirty, he did get a boarding penality after all. Begin isnt dirty, he just knocks the Booins players around that are twice the size.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Iwishihadacup

Lucic looks like a vicious player, he skates like a vicious player, he speaks like a vicious player, and he got a myspace i'm pretty sure

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Habber09

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/#?amp;lid=subl...topRelated_nhl

I didn't notice it last night, but the tsn recap talks about it. You can see later in the game after the whistle, Lucic walks into the crease and cross checks Komi on his hip. It then goes on to mention that that's why teams don't want to reveal the location of injuries.

Dirty, dirty Lucic.

Lay him out next game Komi!
Yeah maybe it was a little cheap but you have to remember his team is down two games in the playoffs. I'd do everything i could to get a win or gain an advantage on Komi. You have to crosscheck a guy his size. He'll get what's coming to him, don't worry Komi took his number.

Habber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
and i bet you check out his feet too.....

Old
04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Obviously when Lucic did it was dirty, he did get a boarding penality after all. Begin isnt dirty, he just knocks the Booins players around that are twice the size.
oh obviously, thanks for clearing all that up.

and when did Savard grow to twice begins size.....

you guys funny

Old
04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
mcphee

Quote:
and i bet you check out his feet too.....
You know,when I was posting that, I thought that that was the natural direction for the joke. Good line.

Actually isn't it supposed to be hands ? Not sure. I betcha he wears size 7's.

Old
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I only hope the Canadiens can come up with some good old fashioned pain in the arses us Bruins fans can (sports) hate. I was pretty pissed at Lapierre running full blast at Stuart only to realize seconds later 'that is exactly what I want' out of Montreal. I'd have liked to personally kick him in the nuts but hey, if I lived in Montreal, I'd love the move and that style. Any Canadiens player I can't stand for abrhasiveness is fine by me. I'd love the Habs to come up with a couple of battleships who just look for trouble and protect their skilled players.

The league needs good old fashioned (sports) hate. As much as I dispised Corson, Chelios, McPhee Risebrough, Trembley, and of course Nilan over the years, they were major components of the best hockey I ever saw.

Bring it back. If Lucic and Chara are public enemy number one and two in Montreal, great. I only hope the Habs can get Boston fans as riled up on the ice.

Lucic is one tough hombre, and he is likely to fall somewhere between O'Reilly and Neely. He likely is a legit top 6 capbable of eventually being a 30 goal/15 fight guy. He can be oldtime viscious. That is not a bad thing if you are a fan, no matter what side you are on. I think back to watching Probert and Kocer come in and hoping someone just levels them. That is better than trying to name 3 Blue Jackets.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I only hope the Canadiens can come up with some good old fashioned pain in the arses us Bruins fans can (sports) hate. I was pretty pissed at Lapierre running full blast at Stuart only to realize seconds later 'that is exactly what I want' out of Montreal. I'd have liked to personally kick him in the nuts but hey, if I lived in Montreal, I'd love the move and that style. Any Canadiens player I can't stand for abrhasiveness is fine by me. I'd love the Habs to come up with a couple of battleships who just look for trouble and protect their skilled players.

The league needs good old fashioned (sports) hate. As much as I dispised Corson, Chelios, McPhee Risebrough, Trembley, and of course Nilan over the years, they were major components of the best hockey I ever saw.

Bring it back. If Lucic and Chara are public enemy number one and two in Montreal, great. I only hope the Habs can get Boston fans as riled up on the ice.

Lucic is one tough hombre, and he is likely to fall somewhere between O'Reilly and Neely. He likely is a legit top 6 capbable of eventually being a 30 goal/15 fight guy. He can be oldtime viscious. That is not a bad thing if you are a fan, no matter what side you are on. I think back to watching Probert and Kocer come in and hoping someone just levels them. That is better than trying to name 3 Blue Jackets.
I would think that when you see Lapierre's face and annoying grin, yoyu get the same rage building when Risebrough was doing it. Similar players, at least after the whistle. I'll take Riser before the whistle.

You forgot the dirtiest meanest Bruin of them all D., Wayne Cashman. He was just nuts. Pre Don Cherry, I'm surprised he never killed anyone, he was vicious.

I'm not sure who'd match him from Mtl in terms of a mix of skill and mayhem.

Old
04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I would think that when you see Lapierre's face and annoying grin, yoyu get the same rage building when Risebrough was doing it. Similar players, at least after the whistle. I'll take Riser before the whistle.

You forgot the dirtiest meanest Bruin of them all D., Wayne Cashman. He was just nuts. Pre Don Cherry, I'm surprised he never killed anyone, he was vicious.

I'm not sure who'd match him from Mtl in terms of a mix of skill and mayhem.
I liked Risebrough alot; he was a different element on those teams. My type of guy. As for Cashman, he was of a time that wont allow for those players. The Nystroms, those Flyers Knuckleheads, guys like Battleship Kelly, the Hound, just classics.

I want to add, the Robinson fight of Schultz was the end of the Flyers and the rebirth of the Habs. I remember that Sunday afternoon game of the week like it was yesterday. I hated Schultz and he was just beaten like a rag doll by LR. From that moment on the Candiens were as good a team as I ever saw.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
JrHockeyFan

The kid did what he is supposed to do, punish the opposing player. Sometimes it is legal and sometimes not. I didn't think that cross check was particularly dirty but it was worth 2 min. That is when you give the ultimate hurt back at 'em . . . score. Then get even later. Sometimes MUCH later. Howe was the master of that.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:39 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I liked Risebrough alot; he was a different element on those teams. My type of guy. As for Cashman, he was of a time that wont allow for those players. The Nystroms, those Flyers Knuckleheads, guys like Battleship Kelly, the Hound, just classics.

I want to add, the Robinson fight of Schultz was the end of the Flyers and the rebirth of the Habs. I remember that Sunday afternoon game of the week like it was yesterday. I hated Schultz and he was just beaten like a rag doll by LR. From that moment on the Candiens were as good a team as I ever saw.
WOW. I remember that too. The end of Dave the Hammer Schultz. Robinson destroyed him right at center ice on American TV no less. One of the great fights in Habs history

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
WOW. I remember that too. The end of Dave the Hammer Schultz. Robinson destroyed him right at center ice on American TV no less. One of the great fights in Habs history
It always amazed me how Schultz was so widely feared, when he was hardly in the top 10 of his time. Not only did Robinson beat him soundly, Willi Plett broke his jaw, Clark Gillies beat him badly & if memory serves me right Garry Howatt tuned him pretty good.

I guess it was the wolfpack mentality of the Flyers & him beating Dale Rolfe senseless or one punching Van Boxmeer.

Might as well hi-jack this thread cause it's going the direction of so many at this time of the season.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
It always amazed me how Schultz was so widely feared, when he was hardly in the top 10 of his time. Not only did Robinson beat him soundly, Willi Plett broke his jaw, Clark Gillies beat him badly & if memory serves me right Garry Howatt tuned him pretty good.

I guess it was the wolfpack mentality of the Flyers & him beating Dale Rolfe senseless or one punching Van Boxmeer.

Might as well hi-jack this thread cause it's going the direction of so many at this time of the season.
Didn't Serge Savard handle him too ? Carbo, we're of the same [ahem] age group. There was a Mtl Boston brawl that had 13 year old me as mad as I can remember.

Fergy was out with an injury and Ted Harris was playing with an injured hand. A fight broke out and Orr was wailing away on Ted Harris and gave him quite a beating, as Harris couldn't throw anything back. In the meantime, Ted Green started on Jean Guy Tremblay, I think.

Later on , Glen Sather pounder Cournoyer and someone jumped Dick Duff, maybe Sanderson or McKenzie or someone. Boston won the game handliy, and my pimpled mid puberty head just about exploded. Thank God there was no internet in 68.

Old
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Later on , Glen Sather pounder Cournoyer and someone jumped Dick Duff, maybe Sanderson or McKenzie or someone. Boston won the game handliy, and my pimpled mid puberty head just about exploded. Thank God there was no internet in 68.
I'm hanging on every word here, you could be a good writer you know!~

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I'm hanging on every word here, you could be a good writer you know!~
I have a weird memory, I can remember conversations or incidents from 30 years ago to the point where if friends are telling stories , they call me for confirmation, but I'm drawing a blank on who I'm supposed to tell my wife to call back.

btw, Fergy evened the score in the playoffs that year by skating up to Green in the first shift in G1 of the po's that year and beating the tar out of him.

Old
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Didn't Serge Savard handle him too ? Carbo, we're of the same [ahem] age group. There was a Mtl Boston brawl that had 13 year old me as mad as I can remember.

Fergy was out with an injury and Ted Harris was playing with an injured hand. A fight broke out and Orr was wailing away on Ted Harris and gave him quite a beating, as Harris couldn't throw anything back. In the meantime, Ted Green started on Jean Guy Tremblay, I think.

I think you're right about Savard, but, I don't remember that brawl. Of course in 68 I was in Kingston, so, I didn't get a lot of Habs games.

My favourites were Fergy on Ted Green in the playoffs, 71?, Kordic & Jay Miller their first 4 or 5 tilts and Mario Roberge on Darin Kimble when he was with the Bruins. Roberge could throw em.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote