HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds vs Blackhawks (3/1)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 03:58 PM
broten

vCash: 500
GDT: Preds vs Blackhawks (3/1)

Sorry to be the one to start this, but it hadn't been started yet, and I just wanted to say that I get to go to tonights game-I am so happy!! Section 113 row P

Hopefully the Preds can stay on their roll and finally take care of the Hawks. And since WE have Sully now, I think we can do it!

Woohoo, my first chance to see Sully in person! My camera is ready!!

Go PREDS!

Old
03-01-2004, 04:12 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by broten
Sorry to be the one to start this, but it hadn't been started yet, and I just wanted to say that I get to go to tonights game-I am so happy!! Section 113 row P

Hopefully the Preds can stay on their roll and finally take care of the Hawks. And since WE have Sully now, I think we can do it!

Woohoo, my first chance to see Sully in person! My camera is ready!!

Go PREDS!
Enjoy the game! Sully's fun to watch and his overall enthusiasm is great. I'll be at all the rest of the remaining home games except tonite. Section 330 Row N. I'm a poor man.

Here's to a good game tonite!

Old
03-01-2004, 04:19 PM
broten

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Enjoy the game! Sully's fun to watch and his overall enthusiasm is great. I'll be at all the rest of the remaining home games except tonite. Section 330 Row N. I'm a poor man.

Here's to a good game tonite!
Thanks! Yep, poor here too-this is only our second game of the season, and probably last(unless we can swing Bruins tix). Grandma is back in town and here to babysit the little rugrat so we can finally get out of the house again!!

Hope it's not too much to ask for...but...

I WANT TACOS!!

Old
03-01-2004, 04:44 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by broten
Thanks! Yep, poor here too-this is only our second game of the season, and probably last(unless we can swing Bruins tix). Grandma is back in town and here to babysit the little rugrat so we can finally get out of the house again!!

Hope it's not too much to ask for...but...

I WANT TACOS!!

Have a taco for me! I will be watching from my house in Cincy. Have fun tonight and enjoy watching Sullivan. Well, got to find a way to finally beat these guys tonight. You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat to make the playoffs. I see the Preds finally taking it tonight since they should be fired up by the Blues mini-slump.

Old
03-01-2004, 06:37 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Screw the tacos, I just want to win. I hate playing the Hawks. They always seem bigger and meaner than us. We always seem to roll over and die for them. They don't have two of their scorers (Sullivan and Zhamnov). And now we have one of them. Let's hope we can take advantage of this fact.

Old
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Sully gets 2 G 2 A as the Preds win 6-2.

Old
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Jarnberg

We really need this game. We'll see how hungry this team is....

Old
03-01-2004, 08:25 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

..what did that Ruutu helper look like?

Old
03-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Wally112pac

Heard he won the face off back to Arnason and in.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Radulov for Czar*

No way do I remember Munro being this good when we were both in Erie. He must be playing out of his mind!

Old
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

That save with 30 seconds to go in regulation was amazing......

I liked the shift afterwards as well. Legwand was getting nasty in front of the net.

Old
03-01-2004, 10:23 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Wow, sounds like Munro is playing a great game. Atleast we got a point, maybe we can get another one...

Old
03-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Leggie looked good in the third period on. I missed the first two periods, so no comment on them ;/

Old
03-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Teemu

I'm just lost for words about Munro. He was unbelievable. The first GA was a fluke, and the second was just lazy defensive work, neither of which he couldve done much about. He made some amazing point blank saves.

BTW, what was with that thing at the end there? Why were Vokoun and Bell fighting? :p I like how Munro skated over too, it was a nice end to the game

Old
03-01-2004, 10:40 PM
volzok

Well, I think we stole a point tonight. The Hawks outplayed us for the first two periods. Preds really struggled until they got the first goal. At that point it seemed they finally matched the Hawks intensity. I was really disappointed that the Hawks(save a few chances) outplayed the Preds in OT. I liked Vokoun getting into it a little with Bell at the end of the game. Walker seemed really steamed. But we did get a point, and that is still important right now.

Old
03-01-2004, 10:43 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
I'm just lost for words about Munro. He was unbelievable. The first GA was a fluke, and the second was just lazy defensive work, neither of which he couldve done much about. He made some amazing point blank saves.

BTW, what was with that thing at the end there? Why were Vokoun and Bell fighting? :p I like how Munro skated over too, it was a nice end to the game
Walker went after Vandermeer I think b/c Vandermeer was cross checking Eaton after the horn. Bell tried to go after Walker and I guess Vokoun didnt like that. I thought it was great. Both Vokoun and Bell got a shot in. Then they showed Munro skating in, I thought it was going to get out of hand. Good little tussle at the end of the game.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:04 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I'll be the first one to step in and say Munro looked like a rookie. He gave up several huge rebounds that would have been easy goals had the Preds not been playing the Hawks . We had several point blank one-timers but he never had to make the save on most. He would follow the puck from one side to the other and bam, the puck would hit his logo. He had a few nices saves, but all in all, most of his saves weren't pretty. He was in good position most of the night, but seemed really bad towards the third. Was flopping around just hoping the puck hit him. Luckily, it did. If we had the flow going like we did against San Jose or Phoenix, this could have been an easy 5 goals. Don't get me wrong, he played pretty good (actually really good) for a rookie, but don't be fooled by telegraphed one-timers that find his chest. Those aren't saves the goalie makes, those are saves the shooter makes.

Enough about Monro, I was very disappointed in the effort out there. This team is similar to the Kings. They have a very little talent on the backline and like to play crafty hockey with the forwards. At times we played with a lot of effort and drew penalties, but we didn't do it enough. Now I realize the ref let them play way too much, but that, once again, is to be expected. It's happened this way every other Chitown game, why would it be any different. There are no stars out there tonight, so there won't be any gift calls. Though there were a few no-calls that I would like to see reviewed by an NFL official. The hook on Sully in the neutral zone and several holdings on Toots. In fairness, Allison grabbed his fair share of cloth tonight as well.

This is one of those games I'm glad to have a point in. The puck rarely went our way and when it did, we scored. Our passes were off, our shot weren't on net, and we weren't getting any breaks. Still, we fought through and got a point. That's more than I thought we'd get.

And a major boo to the officials for blowing the Johnson call. Really thought the faceoff should have been back on their side of the red line. Zids clearly had possession of the puck after the ref raised his arm for the penalty. Zidlicky shot the puck, Chicago got possession, and a faceoff in our zone later, they score. Oh and Sullivan and Walker just aren't cutting it when the faceoff is in our zone on the PK. We can't afford to have 2 40% faceoff guys out there.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
volzok

I agree with the way the Refs called the game. Made it very sloppy at times. On to the players. I think Hamhuis played very well, but once again I thought our best D-man was Eaton. Hamhuis seems to be playing better every time I see him. I think he has minimized his mistakes as the season went on. Zidlicky was great with the puck in the 3rd. I loved the dig at the Rangers on NHL2nite about how they would love to have someone that could move the puck like that. While there was some good individual play tonight, the team as a whole stunk. I thought the team was dead until that first goal, and then it seemed to wake up and create chances. We have to fix this lack of effort before the playoffs start. It seems like this happens every few games. You cant make it past the first round with the effort we gave tonight.

Edit: Sorry to ramble again, but I wasnt happy with this game.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this was a frustrating game to watch, and after we scored the second goal, i thought to myself, "they're just going to come down and score again." sure enough. glad to have gotten a point, but with our schedule for the rest of the year, a point isn't good enough. zidlicky's play on both ends of the ice is probably the only thing in find worth mentioning.

Old
03-02-2004, 01:56 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Uuumm, can we have a do-over? That stunk. Lucky to get a point. At least though, that point puts us 2 points ahead of Calgary/LA so they could only tie us if they get any points before us. Although, we could have been 3 ahead and tied with Dallas with that extra point.

Hey Preds: SHOOT!! Instead of passing, try taking the shot next time, especially when they guy you are passing to has one or more players draped on his back!

Munro played really good for his first NHL game. He did make some great saves. He came across the crease one time and stacked the pads to deny Zidlicky. At the end of the game, during that little fight, Munro went out to his blue line and waited by the bench. He kept looking for someone to tell him what to do, finally someone motioned to him to go down so he went skating down. I thought he was going to get Vokoun good, but one of the officials got in between and pushed Munro back.

We were flat again. Couldn’t get anything going. We were a step behind in everything tonight. It shouldn’t take us until the middle of the third period to wake up and start playing hockey.

Finally when Sullivan scores a point in a Preds/Hawks game it’s good for us!

You know, the Predators could play one home game a month and that day it would be monsooning or blizzarding out! Just when we needed a huge crowd we get more floods to keep everyone away!

Last edited by sparkle twin: 03-02-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Old
03-02-2004, 08:25 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
frustrating game and it made me ill to watch it all.

one question...am I not mistaken in thinking that if a goalie crosses the red line, he automatically gets a fine?? Or is that just in regulation?

Old
03-02-2004, 08:45 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone want to bet Stevenson, Walker or Tootoo will be gunning for Bell next game?

Old
03-02-2004, 11:45 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 3600
the funniest part of the fight at the end was that Munro stood and watched the whole thing and then as it was being broken up he flew down the ice like he was really going to do something.

also, how many rushes did Stevenson lead that turned into big busts. Everytime I looked up he was flying down ice with the puck and seconds later it was taken away or the play vanished into thin air.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:39 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Anyone want to bet Stevenson, Walker or Tootoo will be gunning for Bell next game?
IMO Bell is one of the dirtiest stick workers in the game. He might not be dirty IE hitting from behind and charging, but he swings his stick like he's some sort of lumberjack. Bell doesn't want any of Stevenson. Stevenson would beat him into the ice. Speaking of Stevenson I bet he's averaging close to a fight a game over the last 7 or 8 games

Old
03-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I hate to sound like a broken record but Legwand needs to be benched, he's so freaking weak on the puck, and as much as I love Hutch, we can't afford to be giving up points...TAKE THE MAN, you let a 20 year old rookie forward/Sullivan's replacement, just waltz down and score on Vokoun, we need a defensive-defenseman BAD

Closed Thread