HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Prudential Center took my stuff.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
  #76
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,293
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Then don't give out towels to the Devils fans? That logic....is illogical. Makes no sense.

It was kinda funny though, because they say "wave the towels!" yet only half the arena is because the other half is Ranger fans.
Because it's our arena? It's supposed to be primarily for Devil fans, now obviously that's not the case but the event staff still has to go through the motions.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
  #77
jmb9191
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Because it's our arena? It's supposed to be primarily for Devil fans, now obviously that's not the case but the event staff still has to go through the motions.
Well either way, fights are going to start. You might as well let the Ranger fans in with their stuff. It isn't going to start anymore fights than there are already. Its just not right to say "No, we are taking that away" Its just simply not right.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:33 AM
  #78
daveskirtun
:o)
 
daveskirtun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,293
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Well either way, fights are going to start. You might as well let the Ranger fans in with their stuff. It isn't going to start anymore fights than there are already. Its just not right to say "No, we are taking that away" Its just simply not right.
I agree with you that it's not right, and I'm sorry they took your stuff away. But I think they just try to do what's best for the crowd. If they let Ranger fans in with their towels, how do they know they wont use them to mock other fans and provoke them? Apparently it's hard enough for people not to fight at these games, because 3 broke out in my section alone. So maybe it's just a precautionary measure. They probably also take into account what a previous poster said about fans shoving stuff in the toilets, and they didn't want it to happen again.

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
  #79
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
I agree with you that it's not right, and I'm sorry they took your stuff away. But I think they just try to do what's best for the crowd. If they let Ranger fans in with their towels, how do they know they wont use them to mock other fans and provoke them? Apparently it's hard enough for people not to fight at these games, because 3 broke out in my section alone. So maybe it's just a precautionary measure. They probably also take into account what a previous poster said about fans shoving stuff in the toilets, and they didn't want it to happen again.
I really don't think it had anything to do with it. They can stop people from throwing Devils towels in the toilets by not giving them to Rangers fans. I don't think any of them are going to be throwing their own team's towel in the toilet.

I can buy the part about doing it at least partially because they want do whatever they can to prevent fights in the stands. But I think not wanting to see a bunch of towels and pom poms waving around when the Rangers score played a much bigger part in the decision.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:06 AM
  #80
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
Maybe they wanted to minimize the chances of people getting hurt over a stupid fight?
It's one thing if you cheer for your home team, but when you wave pom-poms and towels in their face, people would tend to get pissed.
Thats almost like saying not to give the Devil fans towels because they could wave there towels in the visiting fans face. What they did at the Rock was plain out wrong no excuse. Those belongings were not harmful or dangerous is any way. There should be no reason why they should take "cheering" items away.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:51 AM
  #81
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I really don't think it had anything to do with it. They can stop people from throwing Devils towels in the toilets by not giving them to Rangers fans. I don't think any of them are going to be throwing their own team's towel in the toilet.

I can buy the part about doing it at least partially because they want do whatever they can to prevent fights in the stands. But I think not wanting to see a bunch of towels and pom poms waving around when the Rangers score played a much bigger part in the decision.
Hahaha exactly!!!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:26 AM
  #82
Mrpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbresistor View Post
Philly is pretty rough - have you been there for a game?
No not yet, Boston was pretty tame. Same with Carolina and Buffalo.
I want to see a caps game next year as well, I am sure that will be non-eventful.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 06:14 AM
  #83
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
My brother and I were sitting in sec 15 and everything was fine the whole game even some friendly chatter with some of the devils fans. The in the 3rd when the rangers scored I jumped up with my beer in hand (into the isle mind you) and high fived another rangers fan in the isle.

Apparently my beer spilled and all of a sudden like 4 of the people sitting around me ran to the usher and cried about it. So of course my brother and I get taken out and they take us down to some ******** room and start asking for IDs and such.

I tell them to go **** themselves we will leave but having commited no crime we arent giving you ****.

So to make a long story short some big fat security dude escorts us out and as were out the door the dude picks me up with my back to him and throws me on the ground so my brother decks him in the jaw and gets put in a cop car....blah blah 35 minutes later he's let go because those ****ing retards don't want to get sued.


least I got to see both goals they were so close together ^_~
If I was in my seat at MSG and some drunken, obnoxious idiot spilled beer on me I'd get the ushers too. Telling security to go **** themselves is not a genius strategy. All you had to do was say no and no one gets hit or cuffed. People who know how to behave in public rarely get cuffed and tossed into cop cars.

And if Rangers fans are jamming the toilets, management has every right to take away their towels and should take away the towels. Blame idiot Rangers fans if your stuff was taken, not Devils management.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:05 AM
  #84
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherapanov View Post
Yep we were both at that game and I remember that. I wanted to take that flag and shove it straight up ... ........

On a side note, I don't think this is true. If it is. Sue 'em.
Talking about those 2 Canadian girls who were drunk and waving their damn flag every 20 seconds in the front row of one of the 300's sections?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:30 AM
  #85
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party
 
DonCherrysSuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If I was in my seat at MSG and some drunken, obnoxious idiot spilled beer on me I'd get the ushers too. Telling security to go **** themselves is not a genius strategy. All you had to do was say no and no one gets hit or cuffed. People who know how to behave in public rarely get cuffed and tossed into cop cars.

And if Rangers fans are jamming the toilets, management has every right to take away their towels and should take away the towels. Blame idiot Rangers fans if your stuff was taken, not Devils management.
'

What makes you think he was a drunken, obnoxious idiot? All he says in his story was that he was watching the game with a beer and talking to people. Furthermore, if security were roughhousing him and his brother, they have every right to defend themselves and only a huge sand-filled vagina wouldn't. You need to reevaluate the way you feel other people should be treated and maybe you'll lose that holier-than-thou attitude, too.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:55 AM
  #86
HBK27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 3,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23
What makes you think he was a drunken, obnoxious idiot? All he says in his story was that he was watching the game with a beer and talking to people. Furthermore, if security were roughhousing him and his brother, they have every right to defend themselves and only a huge sand-filled vagina wouldn't. You need to reevaluate the way you feel other people should be treated and maybe you'll lose that holier-than-thou attitude, too.
Well, if you're telling security to go F themselves and you're not drunk, then you're an idiot. Security is not going to go around and rough people up that do nothing wrong...it seems pretty obvious from the story that him & his brother had an attitude as soon as security approached them, so they probably got what they deserved.

HBK27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
  #87
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 500
What I want to know is why the hell Rangers fans are accepting/taking Devil's towels in the first place? I wouldn't touch that ****, free stuff my ass

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
Scouting the 2015 NHL Draft and Futures
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:12 AM
  #88
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party
 
DonCherrysSuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
Well, if you're telling security to go F themselves and you're not drunk, then you're an idiot. Security is not going to go around and rough people up that do nothing wrong...it seems pretty obvious from the story that him & his brother had an attitude as soon as security approached them, so they probably got what they deserved.
Sounds to me like a couple of crybaby Devils fans went running to the usher and then the usher (just doing his minimum-wage job!) took them to security. Security never chose to get involved and had security known it was simply a case of an accidental beer spill, they probably wouldn't have gotten involved in the first place because people spill things all the time.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
  #89
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,515
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
What I want to know is why the hell Rangers fans are accepting/taking Devil's towels in the first place? I wouldn't touch that ****, free stuff my ass
To burn them

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:29 AM
  #90
Hypernova
Registered User
 
Hypernova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Baahston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hypernova
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinneeJ View Post
Whatever. They can't take your voice away from you or the fact that we're up 2-0.
don't you mean 2-1?

Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
  #91
Reverend_Hellh0und
Registered User
 
Reverend_Hellh0und's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
My brother and I were sitting in sec 15 and everything was fine the whole game even some friendly chatter with some of the devils fans. The in the 3rd when the rangers scored I jumped up with my beer in hand (into the isle mind you) and high fived another rangers fan in the isle.

Apparently my beer spilled and all of a sudden like 4 of the people sitting around me ran to the usher and cried about it. So of course my brother and I get taken out and they take us down to some ******** room and start asking for IDs and such.

Uhm I seem to remember more to this incident. Perhaps you want to tell people what you did after you spilled your beer everywhere?


Quote:

I tell them to go **** themselves we will leave but having commited no crime we arent giving you ****.

So to make a long story short some big fat security dude escorts us out and as were out the door the dude picks me up with my back to him and throws me on the ground so my brother decks him in the jaw and gets put in a cop car....blah blah 35 minutes later he's let go because those ****ing retards don't want to get sued.


least I got to see both goals they were so close together ^_~

you should be thanking that security guard. Going through the newark system I am thinking is not a fun time knowing that is more likley why you were let go after committing assault.

Reverend_Hellh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM
  #92
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
'

What makes you think he was a drunken, obnoxious idiot? All he says in his story was that he was watching the game with a beer and talking to people. Furthermore, if security were roughhousing him and his brother, they have every right to defend themselves and only a huge sand-filled vagina wouldn't. You need to reevaluate the way you feel other people should be treated and maybe you'll lose that holier-than-thou attitude, too.
Telling security to go f themselves equals drunk, idiot or both.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
  #93
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,349
vCash: 500
My friend was wearing a Rangers Graves jersey and he asked for a towel upon entry because he collects things like that as a hockey fan, but the staff refused to give him one. He demanded to speak to a manager because as a person who paid an entrance fee just like anyone else, he was entitled to one. After arguing for 10 minutes they finally relented and gave him a towel. Fortunately the suckurity did not try to take away my Rangers scarf because I would have been bloody livid.

Another funny story. My friends and I (all blueshirts) were sitting in sec 215 Row 1. Behind us was nothing but Devils scum. After we scored the first 2 goals and my buddies and I were going beserk, the Devils fans behind us called over the closest usher and complained that we were standing up and blocking their view of the game and that we should be tossed. The usher came over to us and told us what the Devils fans had told her, and then she laughed and said she wasn't going to do anything and we should just enjoy the game. The usher also thanked my buddy for giving her a $5 tip before the game (my buddy does that a lot) and said after 42 home games those Devils STH'ers hadn't given her a dime. We all laughed and started taunting the ******** behind us even more.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.