HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biggane-Cohen Wants Hartley As Coach

Old
04-12-2008, 12:07 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
Very simple, because Cohen wants Martin back as GM and told everyone so, including Newy.
ok. it's not what the evidence on the table points to but, if we take your word, it's still ok - doesn't change my opinion of the job JM has done here (or newy, really - if he wants to be a GM, more power to him). this is the real world - there will always be stuff like this going on.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:10 PM
VirtualSpree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think that's him, doesn't sound like him. Why would he suddenly show up after all this time? Just to thank fans and call things comical...like a fan does? Don't think so.
Maybe because Biggane is making Cohen sound like he lied to all the fans in wanting Hartley as coach after he said he was going to take a more hands off approach.

If it is him I guess he just wants to set the record straight and make all these reporters and their sources look like fools.

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
Maybe because Biggane is making Cohen sound like he lied to all the fans in wanting Hartley as coach after he said he was going to take a more hands off approach.

If it is him I guess he just wants to set the record straight and make all these reporters and their sources look like fools.
Biggane is useless and bitter, he has been beaten to stories all year long, all of his stuff lately is extremely negative towards the franchise (see last weeks column) and now this... the guy is pathetic.

Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
That is him.
I miss the days when proof was required around here.

04-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Very simple, because Cohen wants Martin back as GM and told everyone so, including Newy.
ok, for some reason I want to agree with what your saying. In that case, if Jacques rejects the GM position, what happens?

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
VirtualSpree

Quote:
Biggane is useless and bitter, he has been beaten to stories all year long, all of his stuff lately is extremely negative towards the franchise (see last weeks column) and now this... the guy is pathetic.
I agree, the only reporter I can really trust to some degree is George Richards. Whenever I see a Biggane headline I just roll my eyes preemptively

Old
04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Bystander

Quote:
I miss the days when proof was required around here.

Geez... its the Panthers OFFICIAL site, do you not think they would censor/prevent any poster from having that name?????

Old
04-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I don't care much for Biggane, either, but I still think he's a step above Gorten.

Richards, on the other hand, reported on Martin not being in Rochester. It's rare that he's wrong.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
ok, for some reason I want to agree with what your saying. In that case, if Jacques rejects the GM position, what happens?
Then you go out and start a search for a new GM.

Old
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Geez... its the Panthers OFFICIAL site, do you not think they would censor/prevent any poster from having that name?????
Possibly, it's also possible they haven't thought of that. Just doesn't sound like him...geez.

Old
zeroG

Quote:
That is him.
any way we can confirm that JM is in rochester? (hmmm.. only what, a 6 hour drive from here....).

i believe that some writers/bloggers would make some of that stuff up and if so, that sucks for cohen. still, as i posted in the other thread, he put this on a silver platter for them. he should have had his ducks in a row before talking to the fans. how could he have avoided this - show up with JM to the town meeting and say "we're looking at some names, for example, hartley, cunneyworth...". the first rule of spinning - get your info out there first and take control of the discussion. instead, the organization's now at the whim of bloggers and irresponsible/incompetent journalists.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Bystander

Quote:
Possibly, it's also possible they haven't thought of that. Just doesn't sound like him...geez.
they've thought of it...

Old
04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
VirtualSpree

Quote:
I don't care much for Biggane, either, but I still think he's a step above Gorten.

Richards, on the other hand, reported on Martin not being in Rochester. It's rare that he's wrong.
He said he wasn't in Rochester for yesterdays game, Cohen says he will be in Rochester today. He wasn't wrong, he just jumped the gun a bit.

Also, I'm pretty sure that is him because the webmaster looked at Alan's profile an hour ago and the post and profile are still up.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Bystander

Quote:
I agree, the only reporter I can really trust to some degree is George Richards. Whenever I see a Biggane headline I just roll my eyes preemptively

You are right, GR does a great job, he is the hardest worker out of all of them, that is why he got the first scoop on the JM thing straight from Alan Cohen. The other 2 were probably asleep by then.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
zeroG

Quote:
frankly, all the beat guys down there are pathetic with the possible exception of GR. i don't single out GR because he's a great hockey guy (yet), just that he's genuine and seems to be learning and trying to get things right (usually does), rather than sell papers. they're all, relatively speaking, improperly equipped to cover hockey.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Montsy14

Quote:
Then you go out and start a search for a new GM.
So basically what happened was that Newy was hoping that JM would remain as coach and he would become GM, but then when Cohen decided that the coaching job would be the one vacant and not the GM job, Newy's plans were screwed. I guess that makes sense

Old
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
they've thought of it...
Thanks chief...and you are...?

Old
04-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Bystander

Quote:
...Happy to be here and contribute

Old
04-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
...Happy to be here and contribute
In other words, "insider info," of the variety you've offered, needs to have some proof following it. Such as: "Nieuwy left cause he wanted the GM job." Excuse me for not taking your posts at face value, it's not the first time we've had insiders.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:34 PM
HockeySS19

Quote:
The names "Cohen", "Moller" and "Yorkmark" used to be censored in posts, and I don't know about any other names. They no longer are censored (at least some of them), but I don't know what they've done for username censorship.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Bystander

Quote:
In other words, "insider info," of the variety you've offered, needs to have some proof following it. Such as: "Nieuwy left cause he wanted the GM job." Excuse me for not taking your posts at face value, it's not the first time we've had insiders.
Like I said before, don't expect anyone to take me at my word, just posting what I know, up to you to believe or not.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:42 PM
VirtualSpree

New post by (confirmed) Alan Cohen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers09
Would you mind if i asked you a question?

Do you think JM will take the job?
Do you care who JM hires as coach?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cohen
Like I said, Jacques will hire whoever he wants. Believe it or not, i am a very hands off person. All these reports make it seem as if im always involved. Im not. Thats why i feel it is important for me to set the record straight. Its why i asked for the meeting the other night and why i find myself having to dismiss these crazy made up things today. How can i prevent someone from making things up?

I can't.

I can only come on here to tell you the truth.

Yes, i think Jacques will take the job. But he is a patient man and i want him to make the right decision. He is a good, honest and hard working person, with exceptional hockey sense. Doing both jobs was very rough.
If he doesnt take the job, we will have everyone and their brother wanting to be GM, so that not an issue. But i know Jacques, he knows what needs to be done and i hope he takes the job.

I have to run. Hope that answers your questions.
I have to say I'm really impressed by him clearing things up with the fans like that.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Booth10

Quote:

I have to say I'm really impressed by him clearing things up with the fans like that.

I agree. Very impressed. It must be hard to listen to people saying things that aren't true, when you can just come on the message board and tell the truth. I see Bob Mckenzie on here, why not him. Maybe we can get the players to come on too.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Montsy14

Quote:

So basically this thread should be deleted since it's been confirmed by Cohen himself that he has made no contact to Hartley whatsoever..

Old
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

That's a better confirmation, I suppose. I'm just not someone who takes someone at their word, too many people come on these boards saying one thing or the other and it not being at all true.