HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biggane-Cohen Wants Hartley As Coach

Old
04-12-2008, 12:56 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
I agree. Very impressed. It must be hard to listen to people saying things that aren't true, when you can just come on the message board and tell the truth. I see Bob Mckenzie on here, why not him. Maybe we can get the players to come on too.
well, it's better than nothing but it's a sad substitute for doing things right in the first place. really, are our standards that low? how does he stop people from making things up??? get everything straight before you go to the public and then put it all out there.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Booth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
well, it's better than nothing but it's a sad substitute for doing things right in the first place. really, are our standards that low? how does he stop people from making things up??? get everything straight before you go to the public and then put it all out there.
Huh! Biggane said he spoke with Hartley and he didnt. How would Cohen know he was going to make that up? Thats all he said, the decision will be JM's.

Im happy he came on to tell us. I hope he keeps on telling us. I am going to open an account on their message boards.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 12:59 PM
VirtualSpree

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
how does he stop people from making things up??? get everything straight before you go to the public and then put it all out there.
He did. He basically said at the meeting that he was taking a hands off approach and was going to let JM do whatever he wanted as GM and in respects to picking a coach.

Then Biggane came out and fabricated a story about Cohen picking a coach himself. There's nothing Cohen can do about that, but he did do the right thing in defending himself on the message boards.

VirtualSpree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 01:06 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
Huh! Biggane said he spoke with Hartley and he didnt. How would Cohen know he was going to make that up? Thats all he said, the decision will be JM's.

Im happy he came on to tell us. I hope he keeps on telling us. I am going to open an account on their message boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSpree View Post
He did. He basically said at the meeting that he was taking a hands off approach and was going to let JM do whatever he wanted as GM and in respects to picking a coach.

Then Biggane came out and fabricated a story about Cohen picking a coach himself. There's nothing Cohen can do about that, but he did do the right thing in defending himself on the message boards.
how could he have? he didn't know if JM was staying. instead, he apparently speculated about a change at head coach but didn't commit to it until friday morning, when contacted by a reporter? and also left olli swinging in the breeze?

i've said it already (and this doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out) - what he should have done was hold off on the meeting until things were ironed out with JM. THEN, you go before the fans and say "this is what we're working on, we're considering joe schmoe and/or will be looking at some of the coaches in the playoffs..." yada yada yada instead of leaving the door wide open for the tools out there who want to fabricate stuff. again, it's the first rule of spin. he left the entire story up in the air for local and national press to work with. you can't control everything but this piece could have easily been prevented if handled properly. it's just incompetent PR.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 01:09 PM
PanthersRule96

Wouldn't he just make a press releasesaying that or issue an email? I'm sure if the writers got an email directly from Cohen, they would put it in an article no doubt. Also, wouldn't the owner use good punctuation in an email on a message board? Obviously he knows how to write to people since he's in the position he is. I don't know if it is him or not, but if it is, props to him.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Wouldn't he just make a press releasesaying that or issue an email? I'm sure if the writers got an email directly from Cohen, they would put it in an article no doubt. Also, wouldn't the owner use good punctuation in an email on a message board? Obviously he knows how to write to people since he's in the position he is. I don't know if it is him or not, but if it is, props to him.
Yeah, I noticed his punctuation as well, but hey if they confirmed it was really Cohen, then yeah I'm very impressed too. I don't think you have to have perfect grammar to get your point across on a message board. He probably feels the same way, but either way I think it's great that hes having a more open relationship with the fans.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
The Official Panthers site webmaster has posted and confirmed that the individual claiming to be Alan Cohen is indeed telling the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster
Please be advised that the display name Alan Cohen is indeed Panthers owner Alan Cohen.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote