HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

VariousReports:Burke/Radivojevic/+ to Philly for Comrie/Seidenberg, not official yet

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 01:22 PM
SouthFlyer82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
I wouldnt be so sure. Branko had chemistry with Handzus in Phoenix. From reading the Flyer forums it seems to me Recchi could easily be reunited with JR and Branko could keep the chemistry going on the Zus line. It means minimal disruption and makes a ton of sense.
No way. The Handzus-Recchi-Leclair lines has been great. Recchi can't moved, he has Leclair looking like the 97 JL and Handzus also has looked great.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 1131
nothing official yet , Mike Barnett & a flyers spokemens denies the rumors ...

Old
02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
nothing official yet , Mike Barnett & a flyers spokemens denies the rumors ...
here's the link...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=71480

Old
02-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
No way. The Handzus-Recchi-Leclair lines has been great. Recchi can't moved, he has Leclair looking like the 97 JL and Handzus also has looked great.
Will you Flyer fans ever stop making "no way jose" assertations about things you cant know for sure?

What if that line is also great with Branko? You dont know do you? Its not an unreasonable proposition considering we already know Branko has good chemistry with Handzus. That frees up Recchi to energise another line (ie/ JR's line) and improve the scoring threat instead of being so dependent on the Zus line. That's every coach's dream and I think Hitch would be a fool not to try it out.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:42 PM
blah

Quote:
Will you Flyer fans ever stop making "no way jose" assertations about things you cant know for sure?

What if that line is also great with Branko? You dont know do you? Its not an unreasonable proposition considering we already know Branko has good chemistry with Handzus. That frees up Recchi to energise another line (ie/ JR's line) and improve the scoring threat instead of being so dependent on the Zus line. That's every coach's dream.
We won't find out until the Zues line stops scoring.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Dr Love

Quote:

What if that line is also great with Branko? You dont know do you? Its not an unreasonable proposition considering we already know Branko has good chemistry with Handzus. That frees up Recchi to energise another line (ie/ JR's line) and improve the scoring threat instead of being so dependent on the Zus line. That's every coach's dream.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hitchcock isn't going to break up a line that is on fire so he can reunite Handzus and Radivojevic.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hitchcock isn't going to break up a line that is on fire so he can reunite Handzus and Radivojevic.

No...Hitch wouldn't break up a "hot" line would he????

Old
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
No...Hitch wouldn't break up a "hot" line would he????
SHHHHHH!!!!!! Don't let them know!

I think that since the line doesn't involve JR, he might actually let stay.

Old
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:

What if that line is also great with Branko? You dont know do you? Its not an unreasonable proposition considering we already know Branko has good chemistry with Handzus. That frees up Recchi to energise another line (ie/ JR's line) and improve the scoring threat instead of being so dependent on the Zus line. That's every coach's dream and I think Hitch would be a fool not to try it out.
Its not about Handzus, its about Leclair and Recchi. handzus and Leclair have done nothing until he was put on that line. We are not making no way assertations, we are just telling you that it would stupid to break them up right now. And watching 56 games this year tells me so.

Old
02-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
The point is next year (or in two years), what will the Flyers have to show for Dennis Seidenberg, Jeff Woywitka, and a 1st and 2nd round pick? Branko Radivojevic. Just dandy.

Barring injury, Robert Esche will be the starter in the playoffs. So even if the Flyers win the Cup (in which case I'll be doing back flips down Broad Street), Sean Burke's impact will be minimal.
This is what I love about this board.

So if Philly wins the Cup, you still won't be satisfied.

If trades were the barameter by which to judge GMs, Glen Sather would be King of the NHL. Jagr, Kovalev, etc for very, very little.

Fortunately, it's not. GMs are judged on winning. If the Flyers win the Cup, Clarke is vindicated, 100%. Otherwise, he's not.

Old
02-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier

You do realize I'd rather see my frail grandmother in goal over Sean Burke, right? I freely admit I have a lot of biasness about this trade. Any other goalie and I wouldn't be up in arms.

Even so, if Burke isn't the starter and the Flyers win the Cup, what impact did he make on the ice?

Old
02-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier

If trades were the barameter by which to judge GMs, Glen Sather would be King of the NHL. Jagr, Kovalev, etc for very, very little.

Fortunately, it's not. GMs are judged on winning. If the Flyers win the Cup, Clarke is vindicated, 100%. Otherwise, he's not.

Sather's made horrible trades.

You don't make your team a contender with trades. You put them over the top with trades. The Flyers are not a legit contender. The Rangers are not a legit contender.

So much of hockey is teamwork, cohesion and effort. You can't trade for teamwork, you can trade fo cohesion and while you can trade for effort guys (which is why the Flyers are better then the Rangers), no player will ever give as much for a team he just came to when compared to a player that has been in the same organization for years.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:12 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Sather's made horrible trades.

You don't make your team a contender with trades. You put them over the top with trades. The Flyers are not a legit contender. The Rangers are not a legit contender.

So much of hockey is teamwork, cohesion and effort. You can't trade for teamwork, you can trade fo cohesion and while you can trade for effort guys (which is why the Flyers are better then the Rangers), no player will ever give as much for a team he just came to when compared to a player that has been in the same organization for years.
From the outside looking in, it always seems like a player plays his best immediately after arriving in Philly, whereas he begins to cool off a bit later. "Immediately", however, lasts different amounts of time. For Comrie, it was only a few games, apparently. For other guys, it lasted longer, and for some, it hasn't ended.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
PhoPhan

Regarding Barnett's denial of a deal:
Most Coyotes fans think that our management team is a triumvirate. Gretzky is the figurehead, Barnett handle's contracts and such, whereas Fletcher is the one that makes all the good deals. Barnett has made some deals, but for the most part, the deals that Phoenix has "won" have been made by Fletcher. Barnett denying that he has done anything, if true at all, could merely mean that it was Fletcher's doing.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
You do realize I'd rather see my frail grandmother in goal over Sean Burke, right? I freely admit I have a lot of biasness about this trade. Any other goalie and I wouldn't be up in arms.

Even so, if Burke isn't the starter and the Flyers win the Cup, what impact did he make on the ice?
that is why all this talk about Esche still being the starter when the playoffs come is BS. IMO, Clarke traded for Burke to be the starter, plain and simple, I just don't understand it with how well Esche has played this year.

if this trade does happen and we win the Cup with Burke as our starter then I am more than ok with it but I just don't see that happening.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
From the outside looking in, it always seems like a player plays his best immediately after arriving in Philly, whereas he begins to cool off a bit later. "Immediately", however, lasts different amounts of time. For Comrie, it was only a few games, apparently. For other guys, it lasted longer, and for some, it hasn't ended.
Comrie had 4 goals and 8 points in 9 games playing center for the Flyers.
Since then he has 2 assists in 11 games playing winger.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
that is why all this talk about Esche still being the starter when the playoffs come is BS. IMO, Clarke traded for Burke to be the starter, plain and simple, I just don't understand it with how well Esche has played this year.
You might be right, which sucks (not that you are right) because Hitchcock and the players want Esche. But if Clarke thinks otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
if this trade does happen and we win the Cup with Burke as our starter then I am more than ok with it but I just don't see that happening.
Completely agree. I just don't see Burke taking this team to the Cup. I hope I am dead wrong, but I don't see it.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Listening to what Gretzky said on CBC, I'm pretty certain this is fo' real.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:30 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
You might be right, which sucks (not that you are right) because Hitchcock and the players want Esche. But if Clarke thinks otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Completely agree. I just don't see Burke taking this team to the Cup. I hope I am dead wrong, but I don't see it.
I'm not so sure the players absolutely want Esche. Esche has been stellar this year, but many Flyers, having seen it first hand, know just how great Burke can be. I'm sure that a lot of them, Esche included, pushed Clarke to make this trade.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
I'm not so sure the players absolutely want Esche. Esche has been stellar this year, but many Flyers, having seen it first hand, know just how great Burke can be. I'm sure that a lot of them, Esche included, pushed Clarke to make this trade.
I don't remember where it was that I read it, but they defineately like playing for him and want to succeed with him. If it's an article and I can find it, I'll post it.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:33 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
I don't remember where it was that I read it, but they defineately like playing for him and want to succeed with him. If it's an article and I can find it, I'll post it.
I don't doubt that they like Esche, but I'm 100% sure that there are quite a few Flyers who would love for Burke to be on the team, and I guarantee Chico is his number 1 supporter.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
I don't doubt that they like Esche, but I'm 100% sure that there are quite a few Flyers who would love for Burke to be on the team, and I guarantee Chico is his number 1 supporter.
Yes, that much has been stated, he'd love to have him... as his backup.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:45 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Yes, that much has been stated, he'd love to have him... as his backup.
If the Flyers were to go out and get a goalie to beat out Esche, I'd bet Esche would want it to be Burke. He knows Burke was a better goalie then he was at one point.

Old
02-08-2004, 03:50 PM
SouthFlyer82

Quote:
If the Flyers were to go out and get a goalie to beat out Esche, I'd bet Esche would want it to be Burke. He knows Burke was a better goalie then he was at one point.
Yes at one point he was. But Esche is a lot better and Burke has seem to come down alittle, this year he has not been the goalie he was the two years before. Also on top of Esche playing well the team has played for him, hes well liked and a lot of the players have spoken out that they would love him to get a chance.

And going back to the entire point, even if Burke does get that starts, I don't think he makes us better today except for the backup goalie postion and I think we are worst off today then Yesterday in terms of talent on the club.

Old
02-08-2004, 04:06 PM
epa80

Send a message via AIM to epa80 Send a message via Yahoo to epa80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlyer82
Yes at one point he was. But Esche is a lot better and Burke has seem to come down alittle, this year he has not been the goalie he was the two years before. Also on top of Esche playing well the team has played for him, hes well liked and a lot of the players have spoken out that they would love him to get a chance.

And going back to the entire point, even if Burke does get that starts, I don't think he makes us better today except for the backup goalie postion and I think we are worst off today then Yesterday in terms of talent on the club.
This comes from an article on CTV SportsNet's site:

"A report Sunday that the Phoenix Coyotes had traded veteran goalie Sean Burke to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for centre Mike Comrie was premature but sources indicate a deal could happen as soon as Monday."

Leaves open the possibility of the trade, but also throws in there the subtraction of Comrie? Full article: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shown...ntent=h020808A

Closed Thread