HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Delay for digital signal for TV

Old
04-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Clumsyhab

vCash: 500
OT: Delay for digital signal for TV

I don't know if this have happen to you guys, but have you ever watch a Hockey game and your neighbors start screaming 5 seconds before a goal is actually scored? Yeah, that's because those people are watching the game in analogic cable which doesn't have the 5 seconds delay. Seriously, I found that so annoying. Imagine a bunch of friends watching it in HD in the basement and another bunch watching it in analogic cable upstairs. Sucks for those who have HD. I wish they could put a 5 seconds delay on analogic cable on purpose so we won't have that problem again. Still, I heard that in 2 years, analogic cable will be dead.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:16 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I don't know if this have happen to you guys, but have you ever watch a Hockey game and your neighbors start screaming 5 seconds before a goal is actually scored? Yeah, that's because those people are watching the game in analogic cable which doesn't have the 5 seconds delay. Seriously, I found that so annoying. Imagine a bunch of friends watching it in HD in the basement and another bunch watching it in analogic cable upstairs. Sucks for those who have HD. I wish they could put a 5 seconds delay on analogic cable on purpose so we won't have that problem again. Still, I heard that in 2 years, analogic cable will be dead.
yep.. happens all the time when the tv in the living room (digital) and the one in the kitchen (analog) are open at the same time...

DJyellow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Mathieu21

Send a message via MSN to Mathieu21
5 seconds? I don't think it's that bad. Maybe 1-2 seconds. At least for me.

Mathieu21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 04:18 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

Lol, come on. You can't put a delay on analogic cable on purpose. It's like saying that radio should delay their transmission because they are a second early than cable. (Yes, I listen to the games on the radio when the game isn't on CBC. So when I talk with people on MSN, I have the goals just before them)

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
LastChancePrice

lol, happen to me on game one, neighbors start screaming a good 5 seconds before the goal......i was watching tv on air, with my antenna, channel 6

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

my sister was watching rds in the bedroom on digital cable while I was in the main room watching it on CBC. Her feed was ahead of mine

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

There's no such thing as "analogic" cable. It's "analog".

Nice try at a direct translation

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote