HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Don Cherry Talk

Old
04-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
coach's corner from today's 1st period intermission:

Don't forget his bit after the third period. And another after the overtime that him in stiches.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
History marches on, Habs crushing the Bruins once again, Cherry getting the hockey equivalent of 'Nam flashbacks.
Now that line there would be great signature material if it wasnt so long...hehe

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
Cherry can be a pretty big loud mouth, I agree. I like to think of it as one Canadian who likes to speak his mind, personally, among many many who don't. For all those complaining about tax dollars...why don't you look to where Ontario and Alberta's tax dollars are going before you complain. Transfer payments is all that can be said.
Last time I checked, Don Cherry has men-love for the Leafs' boys. Wonder how Leafs nation would react if Hockey Night in Canada (yes, Montreal is still part of Canada) sported a Leafs basher as their poster boy for hockey. Oh wait. Leafs don't have bashers, they've sucked since '67

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:29 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Don't forget his bit after the third period. And another after the overtime that him in stiches.
Yeah, Cherry was primed, especially after the OT!

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:33 PM
windycity

Cherry is an idiot who can't count

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:33 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
History marches on, habs crushing the bruins once again, cherry getting the hockey equivelent of 'nam flashbacks.
Interesting analogy ... Bruins must be smelling a lot of napalm in the morning for the last few decades.

Old
04-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Yeah, Cherry was primed, especially after the OT!
That shouldnt even have been aired... '9000' penalties missed he said like 3 times... the guy is a senile old fool and it was WAAYYYY past his bedtime.

Old
04-12-2008, 11:38 PM
revolverjgw

I loved it. I enjoy seeing somebody on the air saying what he thinks/feels. My feelings are not hurt. Plus it's enjoyable for the Habs to stick it to him.

revolverjgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbiebo0gie View Post
...Oh wait. Leafs don't have bashers, they've sucked since '67
...zzziiing!!

Old
04-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Toronto

If you hate cherry so much why watch his segments?

Are you really that obsessed with him?

Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:46 PM
windycity

I don't watch his segments

He's still an idiot who can't count

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
I loved it. I enjoy seeing somebody on the air saying what he thinks/feels. My feelings are not hurt. Plus it's enjoyable for the Habs to stick it to him.
Agreed.

He shouldnt suck habs **** just because he works at the CBC. I dont know why people here cant handle it when people arent stroking their ego. It's like the end of the world. I get bored with the RDS pro hab skit. It's great but once in a while I like to hear someone tear us appart.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
franchise1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Disagree buddy, I'm paying part of that bast**ds salary and to the CBC's coffers, Boston is from another friggin' Country ... that cr*p doesn't jive with me. Plus, how long would Cherry last if his act was directed against the Laffs. He'd be done real quick, but because CBC doesn't give a rats ass about the Habs he's let loose.
you couldn't be more wrong...he gets paid for his opinions...period...no matter who he likes or does'nt like!...get it through your heads...he could rip the leafs every week, if that what he feels!...that's why he has the forum to do so! - if you don't like him don't watch, but quit saying he should'nt say this or that cuz he works for cbc...makes no difference...they pay for his thoughts...and he has more hockey knowledge than any of you armchair experts!

franchise1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:49 PM
ShuttFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
If you hate cherry so much why watch his segments?

Are you really that obsessed with him?
Toronto assumes this guy knows hockey. I spent a half hour last Sunday explaining to my Leafs fan brother in law that Kovy wasn't in a contract year. Cherry's fault.

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
...get it through your heads...he could rip the leafs every week, if that what he feels!...
Yeah, maybe but he never does ... Coincidence?

Quote:
...and he has more hockey knowledge than any of you armchair experts!
Hey: please dont think we are all hockey idiots on the same level that you are on...

Old
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
ChrisF

i'm sorry but i just don't see what was so inflammatory about the segment. if anything cherry just pointed out how terrible the bruins were playing vs. how the habs were getting it right. was it the implied kovalev ethnic diving profiling from thirteen years back? i'm an american who only gets to watch the segments online so i'm not well versed in the nuance of cherry.

ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2008, 11:56 PM
HabsPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise1980 View Post
you couldn't be more wrong...he gets paid for his opinions...period...no matter who he likes or does'nt like!...get it through your heads...he could rip the leafs every week, if that what he feels!...that's why he has the forum to do so! - if you don't like him don't watch, but quit saying he should'nt say this or that cuz he works for cbc...makes no difference...they pay for his thoughts...and he has more hockey knowledge than any of you armchair experts!
Oh yeah, says who? He was a career minor leaguer as a player and never won the cup as a coach, sorry but he's nothing but a blowhard.

This is the great Don Cherry, the all knowing hockey god ...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php3?pid=952

Old
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Slick Nick

Nothing new here...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He shouldnt suck habs **** just because he works at the CBC. I dont know why people here cant handle it when people arent stroking their ego. ...
But man... even if he aint "suckin habs **** just because he works at the CBC"... couldnt he at least recognise that we have a good team in MTL and not make it seem like everytime we win its because of luck or the Refs?

Old
04-13-2008, 12:16 AM
HabstuckinTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise1980 View Post
Wow, that's just being naive. That washed up buffoon shouldn't be let anywhere near a Habs broadcast. I remember him struggling to come up with a non-negative comment the night the Habs won in '93. Best he could come up with was the team was Canadian-only. Allowed him to say something without really praising the Habs. He appeals to a base sector of Canadians that eat up his *****.

Oh, and regarding his hockey knowledge, when was the last time he used it to break down a play in a reasonable manner, or otherwise impart some hockey knowledge? CBC embarasses itself by employing him.

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:25 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
But man... even if he aint "suckin habs **** just because he works at the CBC"... couldnt he at least recognise that we have a good team in MTL and not make it seem like everytime we win its because of luck or the Refs?

He only says that because it's against Boston. The guy coached Boston and hated Montreal.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Foll577 View Post
i'm sorry but i just don't see what was so inflammatory about the segment. if anything cherry just pointed out how terrible the bruins were playing vs. how the habs were getting it right. was it the implied kovalev ethnic diving profiling from thirteen years back? i'm an american who only gets to watch the segments online so i'm not well versed in the nuance of cherry.
That part was alright, I was more iffed about what he had to say after the game. Something about the B's getting jobbed and robbed and how the refs were biased and helping MTL and BS like that. Gawd, he sounded like your typical fanboy... why are we paying him again? Analyst? What? Where?

Not to mention that segment last week (or 2 weeks ago?) about Kovalev being a wuss like all europeans (lol, nice one) and playing for his contract cuz it was his contract year. Oh. Wait. It's not. Woops. Kovalev's signed for the next 2 season

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Guy Caballero

He's a self-aggrandizing attention ***** who appeals to the dumbest portion of the Canadian fan base. He's a terrible hockey analyst and wastes the viewers' time with his pet causes. Why he's doing Habs games at all is a mystery, since 95% of the people tuning into Habs games on CBC are Habs fans and don't want to hear his idiotic rants.

Hrudy is a thousand times better, as well as being an all-around nice guy, which Cherry isn't.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Foll577 View Post
The reason so many people are a little ticked off is because you'd expect a little habs bias watching a Montreal/Boston playoff game on a Canadian network, not the other way around. I got the feeling that some of the guys on the show wanted Montreal to lose the game. It was just odd and really hard to explain. If it was a Leaf game all you'd be hearing about is Leafs this, Leafs that...

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:29 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Agreed.

He shouldnt suck habs **** just because he works at the CBC.
That would be hard to do when he always has Toronto's in his mouth. I can't fathom how long he would last if he acted this way towards the Leafs.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote