HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT - Game 3 - Stanley Cup Playoffs! - ECQF - NJD @ NYR [NYR up 2 - 0]

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2008, 09:19 AM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

vCash: 500
lets go boys!...rock this house!

believe in blue.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker

2 down two to go!

For those attending tonight, from Prospect Park:

Quote:
What the Rangers Really Need to Do for Game 3

For starters forget that they won the first 2 games and play as if they were the ones who were trailing in the series. Keep the Ranger faithful loud and noisy past the first 10 minutes of the first period by working hard and giving an even better effort than from the first 2 games.

Experience has taught us that the first 10 minutes of your first home playoff game can go along way in helping a team win a series. It has been a very long time since Ranger fans have a real reason to be excited about a playoff game.

Feed the Ranger crowd early by controlling both tempo of the game and keeping the Devils pinned in their own defensive end. Scoring would be nice but the more important factors are as we said tempo and where the game is being played.

Sure we could say get the power play working but that is a given as is staying out of the penalty box. We could also use all those other fun catchy sayings but we won't because it insults you the reader.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post

2 down two to go!

For those attending tonight, from Prospect Park:
I don't know if it's been a really long time since we've had reason to be excited about a home playoff game. I was pretty excited about Game 3 against ATL last year, too.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:53 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
5-2 Rangers

Jagr (3) , Drury, Backman

Lets Go Rangers!!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
WheresBarnaby

Let's go Rangers, get it done at home. Keep it simple, check hard, no penalties! Get the third one done boys!

Let's go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 10:01 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Exactly, the Rangers need to give the crowd (me included!) something to really feed off of in the first 10 minutes.

I don't expect it to be the normal game were it becomes silent half way through the second period... It better not!!!

As far as the game goes, you know the Devils are going to come out hard, especially because of the "unfair" ending to Game 2. Throw all of that out the window if you're the Rangers. Gotta come with even more intensity, but as Shanny said, they'll have to "harness" that emotion feeding off the crowd in the right fashion.

I expect the Devils to open it up to get a lead, that means the Rangers counterattack has to be on and ready, and when you do get that big chance, you have to capitalize on it! The powerplay HAS to look good tonight, and Rangers fans pleeeeease don't boo them and pressure them into making mistakes. This is a playoff game now, let the guys play. I know this probably won't happen, and in a perfect world the rangers would score on every powerplay they got tonight, but thats not going to happen so don't be a detriment to your own team because you're only helping the Devils out!

I expect another big game from Avery and Gomez, and hopefully a guy like Straka gets one coming out of the weeds. Drury has to be better in the faceoff circle, as do the rest of the centers. Faceoffs are proving to be very big in these tight games.

Another one from Jagr would be SWEEET.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:08 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Exactly, the Rangers need to give the crowd (me included!) something to really feed off of in the first 10 minutes.

I don't expect it to be the normal game were it becomes silent half way through the second period... It better not!!!

As far as the game goes, you know the Devils are going to come out hard, especially because of the "unfair" ending to Game 2. Throw all of that out the window if you're the Rangers. Gotta come with even more intensity, but as Shanny said, they'll have to "harness" that emotion feeding off the crowd in the right fashion.

I expect the Devils to open it up to get a lead, that means the Rangers counterattack has to be on and ready, and when you do get that big chance, you have to capitalize on it! The powerplay HAS to look good tonight, and Rangers fans pleeeeease don't boo them and pressure them into making mistakes. This is a playoff game now, let the guys play. I know this probably won't happen, and in a perfect world the rangers would score on every powerplay they got tonight, but thats not going to happen so don't be a detriment to your own team because you're only helping the Devils out!

I expect another big game from Avery and Gomez, and hopefully a guy like Straka gets one coming out of the weeds. Drury has to be better in the faceoff circle, as do the rest of the centers. Faceoffs are proving to be very big in these tight games.

Another one from Jagr would be SWEEET.
Entertaining the home crowd is exactly what they want avoid thinking about. They need to just go out there and play their system. Trying to put on a show for your crowd will get you nothing but turnovers from forcing too much.

Just play the system and the rest should take care of itself.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Just win boys

LETS GO RANGERS

Old
04-13-2008, 10:21 AM
broadwayblue

Stay out of the box tonight and we should win this game.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:35 AM
islanderfan11

you guys completely own the devs...i dont think you have much to worry about, even if you do drop one of these games...

Old
04-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Gomez lost an assist and it was credited to Shanahan instead (the secondary on the Avery goal on Friday).

Shanahan, Gomez, and Avery are all tied at 3 points.

Old
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
HenriksBetter

Staying out of the box will be key to winning tonight. The Devils have gotten most of their real good scoring chances on the PP. 5 on 5 the Rangers can handle the Devils. They have the deeper lineup and so far the better goaltender. The defense has been solid so far and needs to keep playing at the same level. Not letting down because you are up 2-0. Last thing you want to do is give the Devils any hope or momentum. The Garden crowd will be crazy at the start of this game. I hope the Rangers can feed off of us and get out to a big, early lead. Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Yankees play Boston tonight.

WHO CARES

LETS GO RANGERS

Old
04-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
3-2 Rangers

Old
04-13-2008, 11:46 AM
h0ckeyman

WOO im pumped LETS GO BOYS!

Old
04-13-2008, 12:04 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanderfan11 View Post
you guys completely own the devs...i dont think you have much to worry about, even if you do drop one of these games...
we're ranger fans. we always worry for the worst. its in our nature.

Old
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Tom Renney inferred we’ll see the same lineup tonight when the Rangers host the Devils for a Game 3, including Christian Backman. The D-man was at the rink this morning but did not skate. Renney said there’s nothing up with him or any no-shows at today’s optional skate. The club appears ready to resume.

As far as the lineup goes, Renney said: “I think most coaches are creatures of habit, so if it’s working — even if it doesn’t look like it — you go with what’s there. We do have some very good hockey players in the wings, waiting to help us out. We know that and I sure don’t like those guys having to wait too long. This is the season now. What we’re doing on a game-to-game basis is crucial in terms of wins. We’ll see how the series evolves. If feel like we have to put somebody in, we’ll do that, but it’s a game-time thing
.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/0...me-3/#comments

Old
04-13-2008, 12:37 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sutter is playing Vishnevski tonight

Quote:
Sutter said he will make one lineup change tonight, inserting defenseman Vitaly Vishnevski for Andy Greene. Bryce Salvador will shift from the left side to the right and be paired with Vishnevski.

"Vish plays a certain way and we wanted to change things up a little bit," Sutter said. "Greener hasn't played as well as probably I would like to see him play or as well as he needs to play and Vish brings a presence that is good for our lineup."

Vishnevski said he won't try to do anything drastic tonight and doesn't plan to look for a big hit early to get himself into the game.

"I'm going to play the same game I've played all of my life, simple hockey and play hard and patient," he said. "The most important thing is to win the game, so I'll do whatever it takes. You worry about just playing the game, not making a big hit or a big play
."
http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2...t-of.html#more

Old
04-13-2008, 12:39 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Im ready for the game tonnight. Lets get a 3-0 lead on the series. LETS GO !!!!!!!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 12:48 PM
NYRKing

Game three vs. NJ at the garden it doesn't get any better than this. The devs must be so mad about the last two games, it's gonna be a hard-hitting game no doubt. But no one comes into our house and pushes us around!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
3-2 Rangers
I think this will be the same outcome as well. Debbies are going to come out hard at us tonight and we need to be ready for that. I see them challenging Hank more in the crease. This is definitely a need to win game.

Let's go Rangers!

Old
04-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Vatchern

I don't care how they do it, I don't care who does it for them, Just win.

Old
04-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

3-0 Rangers.

1 PPG, 2 ES goals.

PPG = Drury (Gomez, Girardi)

ES 1 = Dubinsky (Jagr, Staal)

ES 2 = Callahan (Dawes, Drury)

Old
04-13-2008, 01:27 PM