HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

THIS CITY IS HOCKEY!!! wow!!!

Old
04-13-2008, 02:10 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
THIS CITY IS HOCKEY!!! wow!!!

So I was at the game tonight...Holy ****.

Started off the night by meeting JMMR, le_sean and Riverside Habs Fan. Pretty awesome to meet HF dudes and these were all good guys.

The game, I can't even describe. All I can say is that when Kovalev scored the OT winner, the crowd was so loud my ears were hurting, actually hurting bad. I tasted blood for a bit, I thought my eardrums ruptured. My voice is gone. I can't speak without extreme pain.

Outside the Bell Centre...I have never seen anything like that before. Thousands of people flooded St Antoine...There was just a massive party going on, flags everywhere, everyone singing, people with others on their shoulders...It was absolute pandemonium. It was as close to the 93 riots as you can get. It was insanity. Everyone was going NUTS. I was right in the middle of the giant mosh pit that started in the street.

Afterwards, I was walking down St Catherines and everyone was going nuts...People were jumping out of moving cars! Guys were just walking down the middle of the street, high fiving drivers as they drove by. Some dude jumped out a car and was jumping around, he kneed me right in the stomach REALLY HARD, but it didn't hurt because of my abs of steel. Afterwards, this dude was sprinting down the middle of Crescent street, and as he runs accross St Catherines, he gets hit by a car. He falls down, and just gets up and keeps running like nothing happened. Amazing!

Every car was honking, everyone was singing...It was insanity guys. The city is hockey. I have never seen anything like that before.

Last edited by waffledave: 04-13-2008 at 12:57 PM.
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:53 AM
Artyukhin*

This rink (Bell Centre ) gives you chills

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...es_you_chills/

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 03:23 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Great article, it's amazing how other teams' fans can feel at least part of what we feel as fans.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Habbiebo0gie

"It takes but one trip to the greatest NHL city of them all to realize what we had, and what me miss."

As if we needed to blow up our egos more

On a more serious note, I respect the Bruins' fan base much more than the Leafs'. Our teams have battled each other for so long, so we recognize each other's successes. The Leafs on the other hand, have sucked since god knows when and yet all I hear from their fans is how they are Canada's team cuz of popularity (?) or how the French-Canadien draft rule was the reason behind the Habs' success.

Obviously I am generalizing here, so it doesn't apply to everyone. But I think that even if I hate the Bruins very much and their fans probably hate us even more, the bottom line is that we still respect each other's teams deep down, despite the obvious difference in team philosophies (skill vs. grit). Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel.

EDIT: Oh, I'd love to see the Bruins become good again, and thus revive our great rivalry. I also wish death on the Leafs' organization

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 07:48 AM
lasainteflanelle*

last night was crazy. the entire downtown area was like a habs zoo. cars honking, people screaming, i saw people dancing on the rooftops of cars, it was just nuts.

i even saw a tow truck covered in massive habs flags, with an old piece of crap car on the bed painted in yellow and black...with a giant steak right through it!!!

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 07:52 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
You what gives you chills as well: funneling a beer

Old
04-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Turbo

It was a great feeling walking downtown after the game. Pockets of flag waving, chanting fans all along St Catherine until the small hours.

The Bell Center was intense once again - it's been piercingly loud since the last game of the year against Toronto. I'm bringing ear plugs to the game since Thursday and I'm finding I must use them it's so crazy in there. Last night was louder than the last game of the year but not quite as continuously loud as is was Thursday.

But Kovalev's goal was something else. Kind of like a flash before my eyes - a very unique hockey moment to witness.

The Habs win the face-off, the puck goes to Kovalev. He's on the side opposite to the one he usually prefers, he slowly glides towards the net and winds up a shot. This is part is almost surreal in my memory - it seemed to last forever. Everyone knew he was going to shoot. You could sense the anticipation. Then BAM! In a flash you don't see the puck anymore and all there is, is the twine of the net moving a little and the sudden outburst from all the fans.

That was my first witnessing of playoff OT win by the Habs, after seeing 3 losses. The building was intense!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Actually it was me le_sean and riverside habs fan that you met.

But yeah it was nuts in there.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
hysterical post waffledave

I wish i was there.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
So I was at the game tonight...Holy ****.

Started off the night by meeting JMMR, le_sean and Russeltown. Pretty awesome to meet HF dudes and these were all good guys.

The game, I can't even describe. All I can say is that when Kovalev scored the OT winner, the crowd was so loud my ears were hurting, actually hurting bad. I tasted blood for a bit, I thought my eardrums ruptured. My voice is gone. I can't speak without extreme pain.

Outside the Bell Centre...I have never seen anything like that before. Thousands of people flooded St Antoine...There was just a massive party going on, flags everywhere, everyone singing, people with others on their shoulders...It was absolute pandemonium. It was as close to the 93 riots as you can get. It was insanity. Everyone was going NUTS. I was right in the middle of the giant mosh pit that started in the street.

Afterwards, I was walking down St Catherines and everyone was going nuts...People were jumping out of moving cars! Guys were just walking down the middle of the street, high fiving drivers as they drove by. Some dude jumped out a car and was jumping around, he kneed me right in the stomach REALLY HARD, but it didn't hurt because of my abs of steel. Afterwards, this dude was sprinting down the middle of Crescent street, and as he runs accross St Catherines, he gets hit by a car. He falls down, and just gets up and keeps running like nothing happened. Amazing!

Every car was honking, everyone was singing...It was insanity guys. The city is hockey. I have never seen anything like that before.
It reminds me of the playoff atmosphere in Edmonton,Vancouver and Calgary during their respective playoff runs.

Now,time to create a Habsgirls.com site like Flames and Oilers fans did create back then.Recruiting time!

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 12:59 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Actually it was me le_sean and riverside habs fan that you met.

But yeah it was nuts in there.
Whoops, I was pretty waaaasted...Only remember the "R" so I got Riverside and Russel confused. My bad.

We all got interviewed by the Gazette before the game, and I'm in it! Page A4, talking about my socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
It reminds me of the playoff atmosphere in Edmonton,Vancouver and Calgary during their respective playoff runs.

Now,time to create a Habsgirls.com site like Flames and Oilers fans did create back then.Recruiting time!
The girls last night were unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Guillemin

Quote:

Some dude jumped out a car and was jumping around, he kneed me right in the stomach REALLY HARD, but it didn't hurt because of my abs of steel. Afterwards, this dude was sprinting down the middle of Crescent street, and as he runs accross St Catherines, he gets hit by a car. He falls down, and just gets up and keeps running like nothing happened. Amazing!
You tell a story like an eight year old.

Awesomely.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Whoops, I was pretty waaaasted...Only remember the "R" so I got Riverside and Russel confused. My bad.

We all got interviewed by the Gazette before the game, and I'm in it! Page A4, talking about my socks.

The girls last night were unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE.
Damnit,I really wish I was there last night.I regret it.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I usually don't quote other team's players, but I thought this one was pretty cool.

"The crowd, the noise, the music, everyone in the stands with their towels waving," mused Bruins goalie Tim Thomas the next day. "When I came out, it was like being a Roman gladiator."

Nice description of the atmosphere WD, being there I agree that it was just insane. My hotel was on Crescent St. and I called it a night at about 1am *had to leave for an early flight this morning*. People were still yelling and screaming and having a great time until 4am.

It's definitely an experience that I wish all of you will have sometime.

04-13-2008, 01:06 PM
One Trick Pony

Pretty bad video lol but it was amaizing!

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:07 PM
KostyBrosFan

I envy so many of you that can go to the games... For me, I live in Mississauga, I really missing out a lot.

As I watched the pre-game show, two words: PURE AWESOMENESS

KostyBrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:08 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I had a great time visiting this weekend. I got a Habs jersey and a flag from the store in fairview Pointe Claire for my Jeep and I am bringing it back to ottawa!!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
ShuttFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
great article, thanks subban.

ShuttFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
The pregame show on CBC was giving you a much better sense of the ambiance at the Bell Center than the RDS broadcast did.

I had goosebumps watching it.

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I was downtown until 5 am last night with 10 of my friends. We were walking across corner st-denis and st-catherine on a green light when we got stopped by some cops while crossing the intersection.
THe cop was shining lights on your faces and shouting " FREEZE YOU MOFOS"
I was almost going to fight back and say "what we didn't do anything?!"
Then the second cop in the car starts up the siren and the one with the flashlight goes " GO HABS GO !"

--- WE had been walking with habs gear and one of the cops knew my friend..but still, only in montreal

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:

Guys were just walking down the middle of the street, high fiving drivers as they drove by.

The city is hockey.

Aha, yeah that would be me I was thrashed.

This city is hockey, it's unbelievable.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I was downtown until 5 am last night with 10 of my friends. We were walking across corner st-denis and st-catherine on a green light when we got stopped by some cops while crossing the intersection.
THe cop was shining lights on your faces and shouting " FREEZE YOU MOFOS"
I was almost going to fight back and say "what we didn't do anything?!"
Then the second cop in the car starts up the siren and the one with the flashlight goes " GO HABS GO !"

--- WE had been walking with habs gear and one of the cops knew my friend..but still, only in montreal
this is hilarious!

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 01:52 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
hysterical post waffledave

I wish i was there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin View Post
Damnit,I really wish I was there last night.I regret it.
Next time I will invite you guys.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyBrosFan View Post
I envy so many of you that can go to the games... For me, I live in Mississauga, I really missing out a lot.
Hey, you can always go bask in the winning atmosphere of a Leafs game you lucky guy..

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Hey, you can always go bask in the winning atmosphere of a Leafs game you lucky guy..
IP...that was just...just mean.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote