HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congrats to the Fans at the Game tonight!!

Old
04-13-2008, 11:22 PM
hckyguy14

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Hey maybe you can tell me. What the hell were those pucks with parachutes that were being thrown out? Were they foam? Some of the parachutes got tangled up and they dropped like stones.
That was the first time I've seen that and I've been to many games this year. If you got one, you go to a place on the loge level and win a prize. The prizes they were giving slip my mind though.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:23 PM
sarge88

Quote:
Hey maybe you can tell me. What the hell were those pucks with parachutes that were being thrown out? Were they foam? Some of the parachutes got tangled up and they dropped like stones.
The pucks had a number or something that correlated to a prize.

If you caught a puck (made of foam) you had to bring it to some counter to get your prize.

Pretty lame idea.

sarge88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
I'm under no illusions though - there is no way the NHL will allow the B's to win a deciding game in Montreal.

So you guys are good to go.
Do people truly believe in this conspiracy bull****?

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sarge88

Quote:
Believe it?

I've lived it for 37 years.

Trust me though I've been on the other side as well with the Patriots and boy is it fun.

They tend to get all the calls, breaks and luck too.

Its a great feeling going in to a game knowing that every borderline or close call is going to go your way.

In hockey it is a bit different because of the nature of series play -but there is no way that both teams will be given an even chance at winning.

It just doesn't happen when the Habs are involved.

The main difference is that the Habs have been that way for my entire life and the Pats have only been that way for a few years.

sarge88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
I just helps them cope with their own shortcomings as a team.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:25 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
I don't know, I don't play on the B's.

It was nice to watch them win, though.

I'm under no illusions though - there is no way the NHL will allow the B's to win a deciding game in Montreal.

So you guys are good to go.
Darn those refs! Always meddlin' with the Bruins.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:25 PM
hckyguy14

Quote:
I personaly don't. Sometimes it does seem like the Habs get the calls. But in reality it seemed to go both ways, especially in todays game.

I chalk it up to being a fan with horseblinders in the heat of the action.

Old
04-13-2008, 11:26 PM
dlandry77

For both sides, have some class, I think both our teams have been around to have some respect for each other.

This is not a USA vs Canada matchup and I hope I don't see either fan boo an anthem, in 2004 in made me sick. And the USA chant like come one, you have been around this league enough that new chants could start that are more appicable to the Bruins.

Perhaps GO Bruins GO all the way through and not USA. Or basically anything to do with both teams but not the country.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
I personaly don't. Sometimes it does seem like the Habs get the calls. But in reality it seemed to go both ways, especially in todays game.

I chalk it up to being a fan with horseblinders in the heat of the action.
I felt the reffing wasn't great tonight. But the main thing is that it was fairly even.

Same thing with last night...

I don't know where all this diving bull sheet is coming from.

Old
04-13-2008, 11:30 PM
hckyguy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
I felt the reffing wasn't great tonight. But the main thing is that it was fairly even.

Same thing with last night...

I don't know where all this diving bull sheet is coming from.
I think it stems from Rebiero.

Overall I think every team has thier divers. I think Savard does it. I hate that he does it. But every team has one or two guys who do.

Old
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
JackieChan

Next time I hear those U-S-A, U-S-A chants, I'll put my foot on the hose that runs from Canada to the US, (you know, we're their #1 source of oil), and sing CA-NA-DA for a while, just to see what happens.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Overall I think every team has thier divers. I think Savard does it. I hate that he does it. But every team has one or two guys who do.
I'd agree with that... every team has divers....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Franky Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Next time I hear those U-S-A, U-S-A chants, I'll put my foot on the hose that runs from Canada to the US, (you know, we're their #1 source of oil), and sing CA-NA-DA for a while, just to see what happens.
Amen to that.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:47 PM
otto bond

I wish we could all be there with you guys. My big

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Quote:

Your right.

I do agree with you on this.

Old
04-14-2008, 12:00 AM
SonOfGom

Quote:
I've heard those chants in my country, by a group of guys, I guess they were drunk as they started them randomly in the streets...I don't know how the didn't get shot.

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I am not a fan of the USA chant.

HOWEVER, when Habs fans come into the Garden, they come in draped in Canadian and Quebec flags and initiate the USA reaction. I would say if they did not come with all their Canada gear you would hear it a lot less. I don't know why they do it, this is not team Canada playing, but it makes it a USA vs. Canada thing.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:43 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I am not a fan of the USA chant.

HOWEVER, when Habs fans come into the Garden, they come in draped in Canadian and Quebec flags and initiate the USA reaction. I would say if they did not come with all their Canada gear you would hear it a lot less. I don't know why they do it, this is not team Canada playing, but it makes it a USA vs. Canada thing.
I get the Quebec flags, but I too don't understand the Canada flags.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:46 AM
PZelfond

Bruins fan here coming in peace. I attended tonight's game, and appologize to any Montreal fans who had to bear with various obnoxious Bruins fans. I will admit, our fans showed no class tonight. Montreal's fans proved to be very respectful, smart and great to talk hockey with. UNfortunately too many Bruins fans showed up to just drink, start fights, and scream when there is a big hit, rather than watch good hockey. Hope you guys know not all our fans are like that and unfortunately its the bad ones that make up the stereotypes. Take it easy. Good luck.

-Phil

PZelfond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:47 AM
kovalev187

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelfond View Post
Bruins fan here coming in peace. I attended tonight's game, and appologize to any Montreal fans who had to bear with various obnoxious Bruins fans. I will admit, our fans showed no class tonight. Montreal's fans proved to be very respectful, smart and great to talk hockey with. UNfortunately too many Bruins fans showed up to just drink, start fights, and scream when there is a big hit, rather than watch good hockey. Hope you guys know not all our fans are like that and unfortunately its the bad ones that make up the stereotypes. Take it easy. Good luck.

-Phil
you dont have to appologize it like this in every city dude same thing in montreal

kovalev187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:49 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelfond View Post

-Phil
Habs fans should be back here tomorrow. You should repost this when someone inevitably makes a thread about it.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Personally I have no problems with the Bruin fans chanting USA. As far as I'm concerned they can chant whatever they like (obviously within reason and not too vulgar because there are children attending.)

Watching the game tonight with the volume up high, I could hear their USA chants combined with our OLE chants and it sounded awesome. IMO they can continue chanting USA USA if they want, it only adds to the excitement.

Edit: I also liked when they were booing Kovalev. It really showed that their fans were into the game. But now I want Kovy to come back in game 4 and shove it down their throats.

04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside Habs Fan View Post
That's Boston for ya.

I'd like to see some of those losers come up to Montreal for game 5....They would be lucky to only get beer poured on their heads.

What? Boston you said?

We were at Bell Center for regular game couple of years ago. Got horrile treatment.. Even our 11 years old son was beaten by the pole of the Habs flag. 11 years old kid!

THere are bad apples in every crowd.

BruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Good line Jackie. Freeze the bastidges.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
chewie688i

Send a message via Yahoo to chewie688i
I come in peace.... no really. I had the pleasure of sitting next to a group of the nicest habs fans last night. They were intelligent about hockey, had good lookin girlfriends, and we went back and forth all night giving each other a healthy razz. It was very nice. My hats off to them. On the other side of the spectrum, I had two of the most obnoxious habs fans sitting on the other side of me. It got so bad, the good habs fans had to yell at them in french and told them to sit down and shut up. I bought them a beer for that.

I did see a few fights, and broke up one. It was sad that it resorted to violence, but it was the minority. Overall I thought it was a great atmosphere and look forward to game 4.

chewie688i is offline   Reply With Quote