HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 3 comments BOS-MTL 2-1 OT

Old
04-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Not a conspiracy thing, but if that guy doesn't have it in him to jump and let the puck pass, he's got no business doing that job.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bipolarhabfan

vCash: 500
The Habs need to work harder in the next game. When they do so, their hard work couple with their superior skill will cause them to win more than they lose. Moreover, score early and score often.

The PP has become too predictable. Pass to Kovy and wait for a shot or fancy play. Simplify it. Pass to the point and get some shots through. This simplification of the game goes int EV strength situations as well. No more trying to look for the perfect play or beautiful pass. Enter the zone with speed, shoot the puck, and wait for rebounds.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OnePoll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
The Habs had won 5 in a row coming into this game.

Carey Price had won 9 in a row.

I'm not too worried about it.
Exactly...We were due to a win... Not a big deal, monday they will rest a bit, get a head check and then it will be un putain d'carnage d'ourson.

OnePoll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
MathMan

I think the key problem right now though is the return of Habitis. The Habs are getting plenty of offensive chances, but they can't finish.

How many close calls were saved in-extremis or hit the posts? I think we saw at least two Hab posts today and any number of scrambles ending in Thomas saves that were often more luck than skill.

Let's hope they find their scoring touch again. They generated enough chances to win the game but couldn't finish.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
NHLcrazy

why did Kostopoulos missed that chance in OT why!! feels weird to lose to the Bruins...

Tuesday's game will show if we have heart or not

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Im just scared cuz in 06 we were up 2 - 0 on carolina after an OT win

Then we lost game 3 , 2 - 1 in OT on a game winner by Eric Staal

HMMM whats going on in 08?

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hersky77

Guys its just one game, they were bound to beat us at one point.

Carbo has to change the line up
sit lats,ryder breezer

put in obyrne, Stewart and put streit back up.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Refs have absolutely nothing to do with the game. They sucked for both teams here. Saw tons of penalties that they didn't give our Habs tonight. And you knew that they were going to call something on OT against us because of last night.

But we are more opportunistic when we had our PP and we don't talk about them.

Don't do like Bruins fans and whine about the refs, let's be more intelligent than Bruins fans....We didn't play good enough and deserve the loss big time.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Cupmonger

Yea game 3 was really disappointing. B's played well and props to them, whereas Habs, well except for Nonstopoulos and his line, were asleep.

Ref suck as always... So we can't really blame it on them.

Oh and I like how we always here Habs pulling cheapshots, etc... but today i think I saw only 5 legit hits by the B's and the rest always had an elbow involved. I also like how refs didn't call what should have been obvious penalties ( *caugh* slashing especially), but yep, those are the refs we get. Grats B's for breaking 13 consecutive losses. Habs will still win.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
It obviously isnt as strong as the **** you are smoking.
Probably true, but at least what I'm smoking doesn't make me sound like a whiny bipolar *****

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
2 things...

I was disapointed with Komisarek play, he had trouble with the puck.

I didn't understand why S.Kost got a penalty for roughing when he received a couple of blow when he was down at least it should have been a 4on4...

Good effort by the Bruins, it will shake the habs a little...

Btw, Brisebois is playing well, top3 dman so far are Markov, Hammer and Breeze

I'm confident because of the way Price is playing
ya, s.Kost rough, lats rough, at the end of second ,and hammer's rough at the beginning of the game

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
...un putain d'carnage d'ourson.
+100

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habber09

Shake it off ladies and Gents, that is why they give us seven games. It's a war to be won and right now we're winning. I'm glad that first loss in 13 games is over with. Put it behind us and kick some a** in gm 4. Price has proven that he is ready for these playoffs. The rest of the team needs to wake up and play for him. We got this!!

Habber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Montreal Shadow

Let them rejoice, who cares? They're just pushing back their end. They'll be eliminated no mather what happens. This team is weak, seriously, who is their offensive threat?? Savard?? Don't take that game to baddly, Montreal can't win every nights.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
LastRide

No need to panic yet but if the Habs lose the series some heads are gonna roll. Here's hoping the Habs get it together and finally get on track. Another poor performance is not what we need. Its funny, when we play flat its almost like the whole team stinks. Usually its a few players but with the Habs its almost the whole team is sleeping minus a player or two.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
MathMan

Can't really complain about the refs. Neither team is doing squat on the power play, so it's not like calling or not calling penalties is a factor.

Old
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I think the key problem right now though is the return of Habitis. The Habs are getting plenty of offensive chances, but they can't finish.

How many close calls were saved in-extremis or hit the posts? I think we saw at least two Hab posts today and any number of scrambles ending in Thomas saves that were often more luck than skill.

Let's hope they find their scoring touch again. They generated enough chances to win the game but couldn't finish.
A real problem is playing such a big, well coached, physical team 7 times in a row. The Bruins played a great game tonight, Lucic is so impressive... what a fantastic player.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yes it is.
The solution is not to bench anyone but to work harder and better.
We need better performances from Pleks, Kostitsyn and Kovalev.

The PP needs adjustments..we always play on the right wing and the players at the point have to be more creative.

Markov played well so far defensively but offensively on the PP he has been way too predictable. Meanwhile Streit has been simply atrocious.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Probably true, but at least what I'm smoking doesn't make me sound like a whiny bipolar *****
That's what the wimps who are affraid to face reality call those who are man enough to stare their problems in the face.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Everybody's gotta layoff Kovalev as well. The guy is getting rag-tagged out there and he's skating carrying a Bruin or two on his back.

Our faceoff was once again very mediocre and our powerplay abysmal. I can't wait till Koivu comes back. If they can't get that going, the Bruins will have a big chance in taking this series. Unless they like these tight nail-biting game they better start converting. A successful powerplay unit ends this series, PERIOD. I'm sure Carbo realizes that and it should be prioritized.
I agree and not. Kovalev will be the center of attention. If he's that great, he'll get out of there, 'cause Boston won't stop checking him. But he'll need better help from Pleks and A. Kosty who look like tourists in a hostile environment.

Where I agree is about the faceoffs. I hate our centers' attitude about it.At one point, it's as if they're not even trying. Winning faceoffs are just not important for them while it changes everything in most cases.

As for the PP, Boston is not even putting pressure on us. We're beating ourselves here. Especially with Streit on who can't hit the net anymore. And we don't move enough, not enough movement on it. We're way too passive. Again, A. Kosty is a tourist on the PP lately. He should try to create some passing lanes.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Native

All things equal, our PP will make the difference. It needs to get going, starting next game. We've been given numerous opportunites to put things away but we've squandered those chances.

The grinders always shine in tight checking games so its no real surpise come playoff time that Kosto/Begin factor in heavily. We need that in conjunction with your most skilled players playing to their abilities. I agree, our top 2 lines need to pick it up, 5 on 5 and on the PP.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
No need to panic yet but if the Habs lose the series some heads are gonna roll. Here's hoping the Habs get it together and finally get on track. Another poor performance is not what we need. Its funny, when we play flat its almost like the whole team stinks. Usually its a few players but with the Habs its almost the whole team is sleeping minus a player or two.
Which head are you talking about?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Montreal Shadow

I want to ask a question, where is the PP of Montreal

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Refs have absolutely nothing to do with the game. They sucked for both teams here. Saw tons of penalties that they didn't give our Habs tonight. And you knew that they were going to call something on OT against us because of last night.

But we are more opportunistic when we had our PP and we don't talk about them.

Don't do like Bruins fans and whine about the refs, let's be more intelligent than Bruins fans....We didn't play good enough and deserve the loss big time.
Ya we carried the play the last half the third and in OT with many good chances ....they got a break on a bad line change

Not sure why people are on Ryder ...he is playing a solid all round game compared to the beginning of the season, he hits back checks...Lats had a good game also with hits and a couple chances......if the PP was clicking we would have about 3 more goals

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The Bruins played a great game tonight, Lucic is so impressive... what a fantastic player.
A fair bit overrated, IMHO. This is a guy with single-digit goals all season, after all, admittedly as a 19-year-old. But he had a great game tonight.