HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Game 3 comments BOS-MTL 2-1 OT

Old
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Can't really complain about the refs. Neither team is doing squat on the power play, so it's not like calling or not calling penalties is a factor.
It was a Montreal penalty that resulted in the winning goal by Boston, although it was a delayed call it enabled Boston to pull the goalie on a bad Montreal line change and Savard (the extra attacker) scored on the 6 on 5.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
A real problem is playing such a big, well coached, physical team 7 times in a row. The Bruins played a great game tonight, Lucic is so impressive... what a fantastic player.
Looking at your username....you got here early heh?

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:56 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montral Shadow View Post
Let them rejoice, who cares? They're just pushing back their end. They'll be eliminated no mather what happens.
Really ?
You never know.
There are always upsets in the playoffs.
So far the Bruins have played 2 strong games out of 3.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
A fair bit overrated, IMHO. This is a guy with single-digit goals all season, after all, admittedly as a 19-year-old. But he had a great game tonight.
Plekanec and Streit would tell you that regular season points production doesn't count anymore.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:57 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
No need to panic yet but if the Habs lose the series some heads are gonna roll. Here's hoping the Habs get it together and finally get on track. Another poor performance is not what we need. Its funny, when we play flat its almost like the whole team stinks. Usually its a few players but with the Habs its almost the whole team is sleeping minus a player or two.
I doubt heads will roll even if the Habs do lose this series...This is for the most part a young team and it would be a growing experience for them win or lose.The Habs just need to get back to using their speed and get the Bruins chasing them instead of playing the Bruins grinding style.If this was game 5 I would be a lot more worried but the effort in the last 2 games and the ineffective PP as me worried more right now....Can the Habs turn it around in Game 4? Lets hope so...Go Habs!!!!

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Thomas stole this game for Boston. Aside from the 1st period Montreal outplayed Boston. If not for Boston Montreal would be up 3 games to none. Montreal's PP can't be this bad it will turn around and when it does BYE BYE Bruins! Media and fans have to lay off Kovalev. Plekanec and A. Kost need to pick up their game.
Brisebois hasn't played awful but O'Byrne is a better option in my opinion. I think he's better suited to handle Boston's physical play..

Go Habs Go

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
The solution is not to bench anyone but to work harder and better.
We need better performances from Pleks, Kostitsyn and Kovalev.

The PP needs adjustments..we always play on the right wing and the players at the point have to be more creative.

Markov played well so far defensively but offensively on the PP he has been way too predictable. Meanwhile Streit has been simply atrocious.
Sure it is. I agree. But you don't make any changes? Even for an atrocious player who can't clearly deal with being pressured like it's the case for Brisebois, for Streit and now where Gorges' deficiencies are beginning to show a little bit more? So working harder and better is the solution. But so did the Bruins after the 1st game. And what did Julien do? He benches Kessel, something I thought was the dumbest thing ever.....and yet they play their best games without him.

We obviously need Koivu back. While the O'Byrne solution is interesting, we are going to say how inexperience he is a couple of times next game. And then, Markov will again end up playing 30 minutes because of that...Something is good though....maybe we'll start liking Francis Bouillon a little bit more...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
That's what the wimps who are affraid to face reality call those who are man enough to stare their problems in the face.
Nope, I was wrong, my stuff isn't as strong as yours.

My bad.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM
jcpenny

Overeacting mode is on...

-First, Brisebois wasnt bad at all, he made some great plays under pressure also, i wouldnt change him but if they did i wouldnt get mad either.

-The PP has to wake up, too many cute plays, i know it worked during the season but now its not. Time for the good old throw it at the net.

-Good game by the bruins, clearly their best effort against us this year but seriously this team doesnt have a lot of offense. Score 3 against them and you win. Im not worried just yet.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Really ?
You never know.
There are always upsets in the playoffs.
So far the Bruins have played 2 strong games out of 3.
Yes, there are upsets but big guys who hit a lot and dont skate too fast are going to skate even slower as the series goes on. Now we have a good number of fast skaters but even if they are slowed down a bit, they will get quicker, compared to the hitters who leave a lot in those hits. The longer this goes, the faster we'll be.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Ya we carried the play the last half the third and in OT with many good chances ....they got a break on a bad line change

Not sure why people are on Ryder ...he is playing a solid all round game compared to the beginning of the season, he hits back checks...Lats had a good game also with hits and a couple chances......if the PP was clicking we would have about 3 more goals
I agree with Ryder
And i'm not sur why people want Brisebois to be replaced.

the one i'm disapointed with is Komisarek & Streit!

For the pp, they pass too much, Thomas isnt that sharp, we need to shoot from the top of the circles, not from the blue line

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Komisarek is playing hurt and it shows, no one should complain about him now at this time...

Old
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
sheed36

Quote:
A fair bit overrated, IMHO. This is a guy with single-digit goals all season, after all, admittedly as a 19-year-old. But he had a great game tonight.
I wasn't that impressed with Lucic for the most part this season BUT tonight he played probably his best game ever in the NHL.....Looks like he will be a very good player in the NHL but I don't know if he will be the next "Cam Neely" Bruins fans envision him to be.Although for a 19 year old player he looks to have a bright future in the NHL.....I still dislike him though but will give credit where credit is due.....He was the Bruins best player tonight after Thomas.....

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We obviously need Koivu back. While the O'Byrne solution is interesting, we are going to say how inexperience he is a couple of times next game. And then, Markov will again end up playing 30 minutes because of that...Something is good though....maybe we'll start liking Francis Bouillon a little bit more...
Koivu and Bouillon would surely help us.
Of course I would like to see them back in the lineup.
If they aren't ready though I wouldn't make any changes in the lineup.

What we need are adjustments in the strategies.
Gotta beat the trap by dumping in the offensive zone for example.
Look at how the 4th line got his chances...dump and chase is a valid strategy against the trap.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Everyone's overreacting. The game was evenly fought. This was a tossup and the B's had the bounce tonight.

Everybody's gotta layoff Kovalev as well. The guy is getting rag-tagged out there and he's skating carrying a Bruin or two on his back.

Our faceoff was once again very mediocre and our powerplay abysmal. I can't wait till Koivu comes back. If they can't get that going, the Bruins will have a big chance in taking this series. Unless they like these tight nail-biting game they better start converting. A successful powerplay unit ends this series, PERIOD. I'm sure Carbo realizes that and it should be prioritized.
agreeded. kovy has had two guys on him all the time. boston is doin a great job with him, pleks and akost need to step it up another notch or the first line will continue to struggle

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:04 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Komisarek is playing hurt and it shows, no one should complain about him now at this time...
Well if he cant play then O'Byrne should. And Komo should get less ice time.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:05 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Looking at your username....you got here early heh?
lol.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:05 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Nope, I was wrong, my stuff isn't as strong as yours.

My bad.
You can go back to your little bubble Mr. Oblivious.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
The Habs had won 5 in a row coming into this game.

Carey Price had won 9 in a row.

Not even mentioning our ridiculous streak against Boston.

I'm not too worried about it.
I couldn't agree with this more. You can't win every game, and while you can hope to win each game everyone needs to take a step back and look at the big picture before they start slitting their wrists.

This board can be embarrassing after a loss. wow.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:08 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree and not. Kovalev will be the center of attention. If he's that great, he'll get out of there, 'cause Boston won't stop checking him. But he'll need better help from Pleks and A. Kosty who look like tourists in a hostile environment.

Where I agree is about the faceoffs. I hate our centers' attitude about it.At one point, it's as if they're not even trying. Winning faceoffs are just not important for them while it changes everything in most cases.

As for the PP, Boston is not even putting pressure on us. We're beating ourselves here. Especially with Streit on who can't hit the net anymore. And we don't move enough, not enough movement on it. We're way too passive. Again, A. Kosty is a tourist on the PP lately. He should try to create some passing lanes.
The best chances that line got was when Pleks stayed close to Kovy. Short, quick deflection passes really opened the Bruins up in the neutral zone and allowed room to skate. Most of the time though I just see Kovalev getting smothered and turning the puck over. I agree though that Pleks and Akost have got to get their noses dirtier.

Higgins near the end looked like he purposely loses faceoffs and just cheat rushes to where the puck would end up. His defensive play at that position is solid though so I'm pretty torn.

As for the PP, I don't even know what to do against a collapsed D. Our point shots are decent but nothing special. They barely get through. I'm very curious to see the adjustments Carbs will make. If he figures it out and gets it going, I'm convinced we win the series.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Bruins have the momentum, we should be afraid. Julien outcoached Carbo starting from last game and we werent able to make adjustments due to the back-to-back games. The Bruins trapped us all night as we had no lane down the middle of the ice. 90% of the time we were skating in on the sides or dumping and chasing. We need more grit in the lineup. Bench Ryder and Dandenault and put in O'byrne and Stewart! If Bouillon is healthy, get him in.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:10 PM
kovaless

All the habs did tonight was consistently dump the puck.And always got beat to it. No one is carrying it into their zone. We've got skilled players who can do it...but they look scared too. Only in overtime did we actually put alot of pressure. I thought we would steal it in OT, but Thomas was very solid.

Plekanec has vanished. I get scared every time I see him touch the puck. When he holds on to it, he always does a stupid spin in a circle move. He's going to get laid out very soon with a concussion.

Kovalev looked very weak out there. A couple horrible giveaways. Is it just me or does he look scared out there? He's missing a his stride. Even looking at the expression on his face when he was going to bench after he mucked up a play...it looks like something is bothering him, like his dog died or something. He needs to do some puck handling work during practice to get his confidence back up there.

I actually thought Ryder played pretty well. At least he hustled.

Kosto had a great game.

Price has a great game. Cept for one puck handling mishap which nearly cost us the game.

Latendresse, 6-4 + 240 lbs. Power forward without the power. I appreciate him trying to slug it out with someone, but it would be nice for him to hit something on the ice during the game. The only time I heard the announcers mention his name was when he started a fight.

Defense...decent, not great. Flukey Fckups like the last botched line change will happen every 15 games.

Refs were fine this game.

Things we need to work on:

PP (big time, but hopefully will be better when Koivu comes back), transition game, and take 15 minutes in practice to work on breakaways. We could have scored at least 2-3 more goals in this series if we could beury those.

All in all, a fun game to watch. Better team won tonight. I'm sure next game will be a better effort. I predict 5-2 Habs

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Well if he cant play then O'Byrne should. And Komo should get less ice time.
I agree fully. But he surely doesnt want to be out of a game and 80% of Komi is better than lot of other D-Men. O'Byrne is sure to play on Tuesday, at least in my book he is. That extra toughness will help Komi.

Old
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
Lol! Ruins fans cheering because they wont get swept. Your still gonna lose in 5 ha! It's still 10-1 losers!

This is a very cocky attitude...you should be the one counting your blessings because the Bruins derserve to be leading the series 2-1...As a Habs fan, I am not very happy with the team's performance in these last two games...I'm just hoping and praying that they show up for the remaining games.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Hab-a-maniac

But think about it this way; They have to win one game at the Bell Centre before they can ever beat us. I feel more confident when I think about it that way. Game 4 is huge and game 5 would be even bigger no matter what the series is at that point. A victory in game 4 will show me that we're ready to move on. But these past 2 games should serve to teach the Habs how to play the right way.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote