HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lineup changes?

Old
04-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Licou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
The only thing that worries me about Obyrne is his outlet passing.
The only thing that worries me about Streit is well.. that he is Streit....

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:32 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
The only thing that worries me about Streit is well.. that he is Streit....
Interesting development. He's bad at D. He can't get the PP going. How does the team gage his value right now?

(I don't want to hear from anyone "Streits been amazing all year blablabla"...I know. I'm just asking if the PP unit continues to struggle)

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
2 Points in three games = 54.66 points in 82 games.
We are in line with the regular season.

Only problem, Habs lost the game...
I think it's not about points. Not only was he ineffective in all situations tonigth, (which might happen sometime to even the best players) he actually hurt us a lot. He might need just a night in the press box or something. He must understand that his play is really really bad and he needs to step it up...

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:47 AM
m00ks

Quote:

you mean 1 point.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:

He is playing D, and as a Dman, the important thing is to play well in his own zone. Forget his point total, he also cost us a goal today, so he really hasn't contributed much to the team's success (then again, there were quite a few floaters these last couple of games). I just think Streit needs to play up front, as he is not very reliable in his own end.

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:17 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbiebo0gie View Post
He is playing D, and as a Dman, the important thing is to play well in his own zone. Forget his point total, he also cost us a goal today, so he really hasn't contributed much to the team's success (then again, there were quite a few floaters these last couple of games). I just think Streit needs to play up front, as he is not very reliable in his own end.
I'm really desapointed with Streit since the start of the serie, another hard game for him tonight.. Streit has been up and down all year long.. He was really bad tonight on D and didnt do too well on PP either..

I dont know who are the offensive defensemen avaible on the market this summer but Im not sure resigning Streit 2-3 millions per year would be a good idea..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
I'm really desapointed with Streit since the start of the serie, another hard game for him tonight.. Streit has been up and down all year long.. He was really bad tonight on D and didnt do too well on PP either..

I dont know who are the offensive defensemen avaible on the market this summer but Im not sure resigning Streit 2-3 millions per year would be a good idea..
He just stood there in front of Lucic, didn't even stretch to put his stick to block the puck & to perhaps give himself that split second to get to Lucic...(he even screened Price). I was waiting for Streit to redeem himself later on in the game...didn't happen. Hard to forgive Streit on that terrible, terrible play (play? Streit was not only a statue, he helped Lucic by standing right in front of Price...painful to watch, Price deserves a better D-man). Streit owes Price + our Habs a victory... Streit better bounce back, and... as a forward.

Streit at $2-3 mil/year...I wouldn't do it. No way.

Streit is as a DEFENSEMAN.

Put him back to forward...NOW.
(btw, when is BOUILLON coming back?).

This summer...
Save all the $$$ for our core players + the future (ex: Price, Sergei...):
Komisarek, Andrei Kostitsyn, Pleks, re-sign Kovalev (2-3 years), re-sign Koivu (or get Lecavalier )...

Go Habs Go

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-14-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Handlanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Breezer, Dandy out

O'Byrne in. Don't know about Boullions health, but we need him back there. If he's not ready to go then

Gorges/Markov
O'Byrne/Hammer
Komi/Streit

Don't flame me too bad but Gorges and Markov played great together and Komi should make up for Streits defensive play

Bring in Stewart to put some energy don't care whether he replaces Lats or Dandy but just shake things up a bit. He's an unknown entity to the bruins and won't be afraid to pay the price, and won't pick his spots like Lats.

I'm in for that. Great idea!

Handlanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:59 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
Ryder is shooting--so he needs to stay in.

O'Byrne for Streit
Streit for Dandy

And when available, Cube for Brisebois.
Probably the best moves possible until Koivu can come back.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Netro

When the pace opened up mid second on, I thought the Habs were the better team. The key is keeping it at that pace. In OT, Thomas saved the Bruins bacon.

As for line-up changes: Brisebois needs to come out of the line-up. I know there is an experience factor with him but O'byrne has more size and is a better skater.

Otherwise, unless Bouillion and Koivu are ready, that is all I would make.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

O'Byrne for Streit
Streit for Dandy
Dandy for ...lol (I'm kidding)
Stewert for Latendresse
Cube for Breezer

But right now Streit is the one that need to go

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 07:55 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835
I don't know why anyone wants Stewart in. He played one game with the team this year. Nutty.

As for Streit, I love the guy, but he needs to come off the blue line and fast. O'Byrne has no experience, but in a low scoring close checking style game, he could be an asset. So would Bouillon if he was healthy. I don't mind Brisebois so much, but Streit just has to move up to forward. Dandenault or Latendresse would be the likely guy to step out of the lineup. Neither are doing much. At least Dandy has speed he can use against Boston. Lats isn't doing much hitting or scoring, so why is he playing?

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Ok, I know it's just one game. No time to press the panic button yet...blablabla....BUT we've played like **** for 2 games now. A vastly less talented team has outplayed and beat the Habs. So the question is, now what? Coaching adjustments? Sure. Better effort level? Of course. Capitalize on our chances? Please. Where is the powerplay? Somewhere near, I hope.

And what about lineup changes? I know we were dynamite in Game 1, but seriously, the B's were just flat-footed, they didn't put up any sort of competition. Now these last two games have shown some weaknesses in the Habs' lineup.

Brisebois and Smoke have been our regular season whipping boys...but they've been doing pretty good. So they're good to go. On the other hand, Streit has been terrible on the blue line, maybe he should play forward? Obviously the energy line is playing great, so the only place he could get inserted in is on the Lapierre line. That would mean Dandy's the odd man out, which is fine because he hasn't brought much to the table recently.

What about Gorges with Markov? Who would O'byrne pair with if he replaces Streit on the blue line? Ideas?

On a side note, we really need Koivu back....oh and Ryder is useless
If Ryder is useless what does that make A.Kostitsyn S.Kostitsyn Higgins Plekanec? He's played better than them so far, at least the last 2 games.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
O'Byrne for Streit
Streit for Dandy
Dandy for ...lol (I'm kidding)
Stewert for Latendresse
Cube for Breezer

But right now Streit is the one that need to go
Why would Streit be the "one that needs to go"? He's playing better than Brisebois.

The 2 guys that have to get taken out are Dandenault and Brisebois.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:07 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Why are people calling for Stewart??? He played ONE NHL game against a terrible Leafs team that was playing for nothing, and couln't convert on his chances. He did perform well but he should not be playing in the playoffs...
I'd rather see Grabovski get a shot than Stewart, he was really getting into form before he got sick and lost his roster spot.
That being said, I'd like to see these changes:

- Brisebois OUT
- O'Byrne IN

- Dandenault OUT
- Grabovski IN

I'd like to use Koivu and Cube but they're still hurt so I'm going with what Carbo has here.
A Latendresse - Lapierre - Grabovksi line could wreak havoc in the Bruins zone. Grabovski has the speed to blow right by their D. Lapierre isn't too slow either, and he hits like a madman. Latendresse has been showing great puck control so far this series and is using his size to his advantage. Use them with an O'Byrne and Hamrlik combo and you're in business.

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:15 AM
CanFan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
O'Byrne goes in, Breezer goes out. Stewart goes in, Dandy sits one out.
Ditto

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:21 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would Streit be the "one that needs to go"? He's playing better than Brisebois.

The 2 guys that have to get taken out are Dandenault and Brisebois.
Streit has NOT been better than Brisebois. Brisebois has been one of our better defence in this series and Streit has been terrible taking many penalties and also has done nothing on the PP.

I understand people hate Brisebois but the guy deserves credit and to say Streit has been better to him shows it is pretty obvious you haven't watched the games closely.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:23 AM
CanFan05

I watched Brisebois lose a lot of one on one battles in the corners last game. He makes some nice passes to get out of the zone but is kinda pushed around in his own zone. I'd replace him by O'Byrne. Streit i don't know. Maybe sit Dandeneault and play him up front like a lot of people here suggest.

CanFan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:23 AM
GoHabs20

breezer and whoever OUT

o'byrne and grabovski IN

Ryder is trying really hard I don't know why some of you want him to sit. He will score next game.

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:25 AM
bib
#believe

Reunite:

Dandenault-Bouillon

bring back the magic

No I would replace Streit with O'Byrne, Breezers been playing better than Streit back there, move Streit up front

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Ok, I know it's just one game. No time to press the panic button yet...blablabla....BUT we've played like **** for 2 games now. A vastly less talented team has outplayed and beat the Habs. So the question is, now what? Coaching adjustments? Sure. Better effort level? Of course. Capitalize on our chances? Please. Where is the powerplay? Somewhere near, I hope.

And what about lineup changes? I know we were dynamite in Game 1, but seriously, the B's were just flat-footed, they didn't put up any sort of competition. Now these last two games have shown some weaknesses in the Habs' lineup.

Brisebois and Smoke have been our regular season whipping boys...but they've been doing pretty good. So they're good to go. On the other hand, Streit has been terrible on the blue line, maybe he should play forward? Obviously the energy line is playing great, so the only place he could get inserted in is on the Lapierre line. That would mean Dandy's the odd man out, which is fine because he hasn't brought much to the table recently.

What about Gorges with Markov? Who would O'byrne pair with if he replaces Streit on the blue line? Ideas?

On a side note, we really need Koivu back....oh and Ryder is useless

Something has to give. We need to get Brisebois off the ice, he's way to soft to be playing in such a physical series. We should have O'Byrne back there. He might not be as good offensively as Brisebois, but he is big and can hit and also take a hit. He wouldn't be turning away from the hits like Brisebois is.

Boullion should be back in the lineup too. Either put Streit upfront, or sit him on the bench.

We need to be better in the offensive end. We're not skating hard enough and the Bruins defence is preventing us from getting good scoring chances.

If the Habs continue to play the same as they have in the 2nd and 3rd games, they are going to lose the series. They need to play better, PERIOD!!!
And what is it with the powerplay, how come we can't even get a shot on net anymore??? We have the #1 powerplay in the league and so far in the playoffs we are like 1 for 15....that has to change drastically.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
breezer and whoever OUT

o'byrne and grabovski IN

Ryder is trying really hard I don't know why some of you want him to sit. He will score next game.
I agree with those changes as I want to see Grabs back in, but Ryder can't even come within 6 feet of the net with his shots. I like Ryder but his effort is not enough to keep him in the lineup, he is a buzz kill to whatever line he is on.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:37 AM
CenterHice

Streit and Breezer OUT.
O'Byrne and Cube (hopefully) IN

Markov-Komi
Hammer-O'Byrne
Gorges-Cube

CenterHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Streit cannot be on the blueline. He certainly cannot be Gorges partner.

Streit on the Lucic goal did the opposite of defence, he was playing like a Bruin. Waving your stick and screening Price does NOTHING OF VALUE.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Mister Tazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbulger View Post
Kost Sr-Pleks-Kovy (our number one)
Lat-Higgins-Kost jr (lats adds some more grit, may open up the ice a bit)
Stewart-Laps-Ryder (Energy line, laps= pest, stewart=grit, ryder is FINALLY shooting)
Kostop-Smoke-Begin (Probally our best line in the playoffs so far)

Markov-Komi (our top two D)
Hammer-Streit (Hammers D helps Streit)
Obyrne-Georges (Obyrne brings physical, Georges proven he can handle it)
I actually really like this lineup, I think bringing lats with sergei and higgins could be beneficial if lats crashes the net and blocks the goalie's view while his linemates shoot and scoooooooooore lol...

Mister Tazzi is offline   Reply With Quote