HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup changes?

Old
04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

vCash: 500
REQUIRED LINEUP:

Kosty Jr - Grabovski - Kosty Sr
Higgins - PLeks - Kovalev
Begin - Lapierre - Ryder
Streit - Smokes - kosto

Markov - Komisarek
O'byrne - Hamrlik
fill in the blanks for 3rd pairing

We need Graboski so we can have 2 decents scoring centres - it's what we are lacking.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
ToysInTheAttic

If this team wants to go far in the playoffs Carbonneau needs to get the idea out of his head that it is veterans like Brisebois and Dandenault that will lead the team. This team will go nowhere with these guys leading.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

We can't take Streit right out of the line-up. Moving him up front is the best possible choice .. because even if he's struggling, he brings a lot to the table .. especially if he gets on. Sitting him is not a good choice .. because if playing forward, he's one of the most useful players on the team.

His play on the PP hasn't been great .. but Markov, Kovalev, etc haven't been all that good either. Our PP is just struggling right now .. and that's what we need to improve.

Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev
Kostitsyn - Higgins - Kostitsyn
Streit - Lapierre - Ryder
Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Markov - Gorges
Hammer - Brisebois
O'Byrne - Komisarek

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Teufelsdreck

There are the playoffs. Teams have to play with determination, grit, and muscle. That's why the Bégin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos unit has been by far the best so far. That's why Brisebois must step aside.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Uber Coca

Brisebois Out ; O'Byrne in. That's the only change I would make.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
If this team wants to go far in the playoffs Carbonneau needs to get the idea out of his head that it is veterans like Brisebois and Dandenault that will lead the team. This team will go nowhere with these guys leading.
Totally agree.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
We can't take Streit right out of the line-up. Moving him up front is the best possible choice .. because even if he's struggling, he brings a lot to the table .. especially if he gets on. Sitting him is not a good choice .. because if playing forward, he's one of the most useful players on the team.

His play on the PP hasn't been great .. but Markov, Kovalev, etc haven't been all that good either. Our PP is just struggling right now .. and that's what we need to improve.

Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Markov - Gorges
Hammer - Brisebois
O'Byrne - Komisarek
This line-up's fine, as well. As you pointed out, it's not only Streit struggling; it just seems more apparent since he's playing on D at even-strength. Removing him would hurt the team more than it helps, as long as he stays at forward ES and plays the point on the PP.

Right now, we're lacking offense -- yeah, we've got 8 goals in three games, but three are from the fourth line and one is from a d-man. Swapping the lines a bit (at least for now) would hopefully generate some offense, and I can't say I'm opposed to the line-ups above. My only problem is Lats' speed...

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Sam I Am

O'Byrne for Streit
Streit for Dandy...

...has been suggested a lot. But this only works if you move Gorges over to the left side. He is a LH shot though he has been playing well on the right side all season.

You can't expect O'Byrne to step in and play on the left side. So either you move Gorges over or you take Brisebois out of the line-up instead. I'd opt for the latter choice--not that Brisebois has been so bad (he did get caught up the ice on a two on one last night) but because I find Gorges more effective playing the right side than the left.

But the biggest problem at the moment is scoring. Moving Streit up to forward to replace Dandy will help somewhat. getting Koivu back in (if he's ready) will help a lot despite what the Koivu haters seem to think. And maybe it's time to start thinking about Grabovsky, especially if the Habs can't generate morte chances tomorrow night.

We'll see.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Megaforce

Breezer and 'Tard25 have to go.

We're hurtin' for Apostrophe and Grabs.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Breezer and 'Tard25 have to go.

We're hurtin' for Apostrophe and Grabs.
As much as I like Grabs, he'll get physically dominated right now. He's had hardly any NHL experience, let alone NHL playoff experience.

Brisebois has made some mistakes, but so has our entire team. His passing and willingness to take a hit the last few games is working. He's not the problem as of right now.

Old
04-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Personally, I don't think it's time to re-invent the wheel...

Definately put O'Byrne back in there but I don't think that's where this series is getting played. Sure, there are a few minor lineup alterations I would make but plain and simple, the Habs best players have to step up over the next two games. They've missed too many chances the past two games, I keep reading about how the Bruins deserved to win game 2 but all I remember was two missed breakaways by Akost and Kovalev which would of put the Bruins down 3 or 4 goals in that game...and last night, countless chances were missed in the 3rd and OT as well.

The Bruins are doing a really good job of applying their system but it's not any different then what we've seen from them all year.Guys like Kovalev, Plekanec, Kostitsyn x2, Higgins, Ryder have to learn and adjust to fight through the tight checking in this series, maybe keep things simple as the real good chances are few and far between when the Bruins are applying their system with discipline.

I think the Bruins have played their best games in back to back games but only have 1 win to show for it. I don't think the Bruins can play any better then what they've shown in the last two games while I think the Habs have played well but have lacked execution the past two games.

I knew this series would be tough but ultimately I think the Habs have too much depth/talent for the Bruins to overcome but the intensity has to at least match the Bruins because that's one area of the game where they can beat us. Otherwise, i'm not overly concerned, Carey Price has looked marvellous from the drop of the puck in game 1 and contrary to what many have said here I think all members of the defense have looked pretty solid considering we've allowed 5 goals in 3 games...it's just our offense/PP has dried up the last two.

Habs have to stay true to their identity of being a speed/skill team with good special teams and reliable goaltending. The Bruins have had success the past two games because they've stayed true to their identity which is trapping/physical hockey. It's a good chess match between Carbo/Julien...

Either way, I expected the Bruins to win one of their games at home, I thought it was going to be game 4...regardless, I think the Habs are going to win game 4 convincingly because they've shown great bounce back ability this year and I expect more of the same.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

Begin - Smoke - Kosto

Markov - Gorges
Hammer - Brisebois
O'Byrne - Komisarek

I don't see any reason to break up the A.Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev line....they aren't the problem right now and they are the best offensive line we have. And if you think putting Latendresse up with Kovy and Pleks is a good idea....your wrong. He may be able to make some room and be physical, but he won't create any offence. The only thing I would do would be to double shift Kovalev on 2 different lines in an attempt to create more offence. Kovy is our best player and we need him on the ice away from Chara....double shifting him may give us that advantage once in a while.

The problem we have right now is soft defence. Guys like Streit and Brisebois are getting killed and are too scared to go into the corners and fight for the puck. We need to replace both of them with O'Byrne and Boullion. They are much tougher and just as capable on defence. Brisebois has been impressive so far in the 3 games he has played, he hasn't made many mistakes, but he is still too soft and doesn't battle hard enough for the puck in his own end. Streit of course can't be scratched because he is good on the powerplay, so he should play forward instead of Dandenault and he can play defence on the powerplay.

These should be the lines for next game.

A.Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
S.Kostitsyn - Higgins - Ryder
Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Latendresse - Lapierre - Streit

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Boullion - Gorges

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
Brisebois can be valuable when we get final change, but tonight he got pushed off the puck way too much. He & Hamrlik are getting the big forwards matched against them.
Brisebois always gets pushed around. Not just yesterday, its been like that since his career began.
He can make nice plays and passes, has a somewhat good vision, but he's slow and doesn't like to get hit. So he often lets the guys beat him to the puck not to get hit(unlike Gorges that plays the puck even though he knows he'll get creamed) and then has a hard time taking it away from the players.

Streit is similar to Brisebois in terms of not wanting to get hit.
I think putting Streit back on O with Lapierre and Stewart would be interesting IMO. Moving Latendresse with Sergei-Higgins and scratching Ryder is what id do.
With O'Byrne taking Streit's place.

Stewart only played once, and versus a depleted Toronto team. So im skeptical that we will see him during POs. But i would give it a try.

Of course if Cube is back, Breezer is out as well.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

REQUIRED LINEUP:

Begin - Lapierre - Ryder
Streit - Smokes - kosto

Markov - Komisarek
O'byrne - Hamrlik

We need Graboski so we can have 2 decents scoring centres - it's what we are lacking.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Habbiebo0gie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
REQUIRED LINEUP:

Begin - Lapierre - Ryder
Streit - Smokes - kosto

Markov - Komisarek
O'byrne - Hamrlik

BLASPHEMY

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Habbiebo0gie

Here's a thought:

Begin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos
Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev
Kostitsyn - Lapierre - Kostitsyn
Streit - Chipchura - Someone (your pick)

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Breezer
Gorges (LD) - Komisarek

Ok ok, I know this is crazy. It's too late to make these changes anyways, but I like to dream

Habbiebo0gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
MARKOVFTW

Brisebois must go! Seriously this guy plays okay for a few games then he begins to suck.... Anyone else notice that they dump the puck on his side and almost always manage to recover the puck..... I would also consider playin the two Kosty's with Plekanec, or putting Grabo in the line-up.

MARKOVFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

If Bouillon plays then I want Brisebois out, O'Byrne in and put Streit back at F and take Dandenault out.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
REQUIRED LINEUP:

Begin - Lapierre - Ryder
Streit - Smokes - kosto

Markov - Komisarek
O'byrne - Hamrlik

lol at Grabo centering the #1 line.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 01:40 PM
Licou

Grabovsky in the line up???? Wow... Some of you are just insane...

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Guy Carbonneau songe sérieusement à apporter des changements à son alignement. Ryan O'byrne pourrait revenir au jeu demain.

Thank goodness he's seriously considering it.

http://www.corussports.com/canadiens...14-849122.html

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Guy Carbonneau songe sérieusement à apporter des changements à son alignement. Ryan O'byrne pourrait revenir au jeu demain.

He shouldn't be considering it. It should be done.

Streit needs to play forward, because he's hurting our team right now.. and he's too good of a player to be doing that.

Old
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Good!!! We could use his size and muscle out there. I'm sure he can take a hit better than Streit and Breezeby and for sure he can throw a check better then both of them too....so I think this is a no-brainer....put O'Byrne in the lineup and put Streit upfront. If Boullion is healthy enough to play, put him in and take Brisebois out too.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

I was shocked that Carbonneau used Brisebois in back-to back games 24 hours apart in 2 different cities against the same determined, physical opponent. It's decisions like this that make me think Carbonneau is a bit squirrely at times.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:28 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
Grabovsky in the line up???? Wow... Some of you are just insane...
Why not? We need to stop playing like the Bruins and start playing like Montreal. Hitting everything in sight is not our game, although weve been good at it. Speed and skill is what put us 1st in our conference. With Grabs in be look more like the real Montreal Canadiens and hes the closest we have to Koivu cuz Higgins is more valuable on the wings even if he's played very well defensively there. I need the high flying Habs back.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote