HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If/when Bergeron comes back..

Old
04-14-2008, 02:56 PM
cneely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
See thats the problem with the game today....there is no respect for the other players like there used to be so now instead of Jones slowing down and carrying Bergeron into the boards and finishing his check, he skates wide open and creams him from behind.

Back years ago, players had more respect for each other, in most cases and they wouldn't hit a guy from behind that hard. They would still push him into the boards but only to rub the player out of the play, not to drive him through the boards.
I think its part respect Puck, but also that the game moves much, much faster than it ever did before.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
he is a franco ontarian so yes he is a french candian
How can he be a franco-Ontarian if he doesn't speak french?

Jonathan Toews is franco-Manitoban, though.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Doctor House

If Bergeron dresses I think he will be a target.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
That entire argument is hogwash anyway.
Look at Ryan Clowe and Gary Roberts.
Hell, look at Saku Koivu and Donald Audette a few Habs playoff appearances ago.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:55 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
You as a Bruins fan should know that class has nothing to do with this series!!! With all the cheapshots that the Bruins have given so far in this series....its about time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Everytime Lucic is near Komisarek he does something dirty to him....cross checking him in the hip, spearing him on the knee almost hyper extending it.....stuff like that. I'm all for rough, physical hockey.....it makes it great to watch, but there is no place for that garbage....players can get injured just by taking a body check, there is no need for the dirty plays the Bruins are doing....no need at all. Its those dirty plays that proves the Bruins know nothing about class!!!!

I don't know how much weight Bergeron lost, all I know is that he looks A LOT smaller than he ever did and if he doesn't have enough size, strength and weight to take some huge hits, then he is just going to end up getting hurt and possibly damaging his career. If it wasn't for Bergeron turning into the boards in the first place, he never would have gotten such a serious concussion. I'm not saying the hit was clean by any means, Jones did hit Bergeron from behind, but it was only a hit from behind after Bergeron turned into the boards.....if it wasn't for that....nothing bad would have happened.
Please...

I think it's hilarious that you call the Bruins the "dirty team"...how many games have MON players missed due to dirty hits from BOS players? That would be zero, while Savard missed the last 2 weeks of the season thanks to Mr Begin's crosscheck.

Pot, meet Mr Kettle...

You get all over Bergeron for putting himself in a "bad position", but Komisarek did the very same thing on Lucic's so-called boarding penalty last night. He was sideways as Lucic approached him and turned towards the boards just as contact was coming.

I actually thought most of the hitting from both sides has been relatively clean. There have been some high hits from both teams and the obligatory "after the whistle" shoves and facewashes, but that's playoff hockey. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote