HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lou Lams Crying impact on officiating?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
  #26
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,703
vCash: 500
Dunno if Lou really influenced the calls, but I think the Devils were going down easy all night long in an effort to draw penalties.

I wish VS had replayed one of the last penalties on Backman for hooking Gionta, because it really looked like Gionta sold that one and should have been called for diving. His legs shot out from underneath him pretty quickly.

But the Rangers also put themselves in situations to get called for stuff. For gods sake, keep your sticks down at least.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:00 PM
  #27
Adam Larsson
Registered User
 
Adam Larsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Jersey..
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Right or wrong I felt embarrassment for Devil fans when I saw all the whining on their boards about "league conspiricies" for the Rangers and against the Devils.

I'm thought the level of the Devils success over the last decade and a half would have brought out a more secure, confident Devil fan, who wouldn't go that ( ) route. This board over the last 3 years had made me look at some of their fans in a much different light. Goes both ways I'm sure.

I'll choose to go the other way. We lost and deserved to lose last night. The Devils skated harder, faster and in my eyes wanted it more.

stop lumping us all together..like 3 people said that..

Adam Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:02 PM
  #28
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
What did Elias do out of the norm at the end of the second period scrum to warrant his sole penalty?

Calls go for and against. Up until that point I thought the Devils were getting the shaft. At the end of the day, I think both teams got screwed with... I don't think anyone had an unfair advantage last night

Edited: I realize the devils has 3 more powerplays
Check the replay again. Elias threw the first (and only) punch.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:03 PM
  #29
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiLLsOn View Post
stop lumping us all together..like 3 people said that..
I agree. We have our own nutjobs over here who think there's a conspiracy against the Rangers. I think every fanbase has a few...

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:05 PM
  #30
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Mr Bojanglez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: From Jersey w/ Love
Country: United States
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergnemi View Post
i remember one sequence where staal's stick was literally grabbed out of his hands and the ref was right there and didn't call it then he made the typical new nhl era ticky tack call against the rangers. my argument isn't about refs costing teams games; it's about consistency. either call it all the time or swallow the whistle. it can't be at certain times you let it go and other times you call it. that is what pisses me off and why fans come on here and start these threads
Like when Jagr pulled Clarkson's stick out of his hand during game 2?

Talk about consistency, game 2... Zubrus has a weak hook on one of your boys. Weak, but a penalty. Then BOOM, at the end of the game Betts with a full on hook and no call! Come on! This after that weak call against Lags

I agree, we need consistency here

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
  #31
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
"Closing his hand on the puck"

END OF THREAD

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
  #32
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Like when Jagr pulled Clarkson's stick out of his hand during game 2?

Talk about consistency, game 2... Zubrus has a weak hook on one of your boys. Weak, but a penalty. Then BOOM, at the end of the game Betts with a full on hook and no call! Come on! This after that weak call against Lags

I agree, we need consistency here
the funny part of all of this is it seems like the refs sometimes are making bad call, to cover up for other bad calls and erase a pp that shouldn't have been. It's really getting awful out there and the non calls are worse than the penalties getting called.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:33 PM
  #33
MortUWary
Registered Loser
 
MortUWary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
"Closing his hand on the puck"

END OF THREAD
I hate to break it to you, but that's a legit penalty. Tyutin brain-farted on that one.

THE THREAD CONTINUES...

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
  #34
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortUWary View Post
I hate to break it to you, but that's a legit penalty. Tyutin brain-farted on that one.

THE THREAD CONTINUES...
Have you EVER seen that called in a playoff game when it was simply batted away and not smothered? Give me a break.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
  #35
BlueBlooded
Registered User
 
BlueBlooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,075
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Have you EVER seen that called in a playoff game when it was simply batted away and not smothered? Give me a break.
He didn't bat it away. He clearly closed his hand on the puck. Just watch the replay there shouldn't be any question about it. It was a bonehead play, don't blame the refs.

BlueBlooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
  #36
Mrpuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlooded View Post
He didn't bat it away. He clearly closed his hand on the puck. Just watch the replay there shouldn't be any question about it. It was a bonehead play, don't blame the refs.
I agree, that was a legit penalty. He could have caught it and put it down in front of him and played it. Mental mistake there imo.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
  #37
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Have you EVER seen that called in a playoff game when it was simply batted away and not smothered? Give me a break.
That's not a judgement call. It's simply a call of wheter he closed his hand on the puck or not. In that case he did. Its a penalty in Game 7 of the Finals too.

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:49 PM
  #38
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
for those of you saying that lou, sutter and madden were acting like idiots and whining what do you expect them to do? should they just accept the, at times, horrible officiating?

i mean wouldnt you guys want, jagr (or shanny, drury, straka, or whoever) sather and renney to say something if what happened to us in game to happened to you?

and for those saying that it was a make up game. maybe it was at times. or maybe they just decided to call things evenly. imo they were inconsistent with the amount they were letting them play at times, sometimes they were letting them go sometimes they were calling it tight, but atleast it was for the most part even.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:51 PM
  #39
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Have you EVER seen that called in a playoff game when it was simply batted away and not smothered? Give me a break.
he closed his hand on the puck. that is illegal. if you want i will dig it up in the rule book but watch the replay again, he catches, which is legal than was going to put it down infront of him but realized there were 2 devils right infront of him so he threw it to the neutral zone to dubinsky

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
  #40
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,916
vCash: 500
Yup, the Tyutin penalty was just a stupid play, not a stupid call.

I really didn't think the officiating last night was too bad. Nothing like it was in game 2 anyway.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 02:57 PM
  #41
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
for those of you saying that lou, sutter and madden were acting like idiots and whining what do you expect them to do? should they just accept the, at times, horrible officiating?

i mean wouldnt you guys want, jagr (or shanny, drury, straka, or whoever) sather and renney to say something if what happened to us in game to happened to you?

and for those saying that it was a make up game. maybe it was at times. or maybe they just decided to call things evenly. imo they were inconsistent with the amount they were letting them play at times, sometimes they were letting them go sometimes they were calling it tight, but atleast it was for the most part even.
There are 2 ways to deal with bad officiating. One way is to just forget it and move on(the right way). Another way, the way the Debbies handled it, is to cry and throw a hissyfit. There are also to ways to confront the officials about the calls and I feel the Debbies were wrong in the way they handled themselves and the situation. Not very classy.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
  #42
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
There are 2 ways to deal with bad officiating. One way is to just forget it and move on(the right way). Another way, the way the Debbies handled it, is to cry and throw a hissyfit. There are also to ways to confront the officials about the calls and I feel the Debbies were wrong in the way they handled themselves and the situation. Not very classy.
right and i bet you condoned what avery did right? because that was classy too right? and you have to be a real pushover to just accept the fact that the refs blew a call and may have cost you a playoff game.

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 03:09 PM
  #43
Heat McManus
Registered User
 
Heat McManus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Right or wrong I felt embarrassment for Devil fans when I saw all the whining on their boards about "league conspiricies" for the Rangers and against the Devils.
I don't think there is a conspiracy either way. While I have stated that I have been told by people working for the league that the NHL wants the Rangers to win, I would in no way say there is a "conspiracy" that includes the league and its referees.

The officiating has been wildly inconsistent the past two games. Both teams have suffered, both teams have benefited. Hopefully the rest of the series is called better.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
  #44
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Crap Hockey League

This is crap hockey. All in all I would say it's probably even in terms of breaks etc, but I think in general the devs get away with more crap because they invented the crap hockey of the modern era that we're watching. We're doing the same crap, they're just better (stealthier) at it because they pratice it as part of their system.

What's crap? Inteference plain and simple. The Langenbrunner pik of Shanny is the text-book example.

This is Lou's Crap Hockey League, the CHL.

How do you beat a team that's better, deeper more skilled without going and getting more skilled players yourself? (not just talking abouit the Rangers here) You find ways to slow them down and impinge their play and you push the envelope in terms of what's allowed and what's not.

You "do whatever it takes". How many times have you heard that in the past few days with the devs getting frustrated by Lundquist? "do whatever it takes"

Is Avery allowed to do whatever it takes? Apparently not.

This is just escalating crap hockey to the next level. How far should we go?

Some guys are good at hockey, some guys are good at crap.

We've gotten better at crap. That's why we lead the series 2-1.

yay

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:43 PM
  #45
roxchipsi8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Like when Jagr pulled Clarkson's stick out of his hand during game 2?


I'm assuming you're talking about the scrum after the play when jagr did this... Completely different situation than the staal play. Staal's stick was ripped out in his own defensive zone during play which resulted in a distinct advantage for the devils. After the play, who cares? its a non issue.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
  #46
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
Come on now. If anything the NHL would prefer to have the Rangers be successful... number one market hello. I doubt their are conspiracies against your team.

Calls have sucked on both ends. I thought Game 2 was horrible towards the end. Even though i realize calls should have been called, I won't make a big deal over it cause it doesn't mean the Devils would have won. If the Rangers had less penalties you can't assume they would have won.
At least we can agree that it sucks. Could it be the more a team complains the more favorably they'll be treated in the long run? Case in point. Shanahan is interfered with on the Madden goal. Complains to the referee. Exact same play moments later and Langenbrunner is going to the box. It's a joke. Sorry but I don't think everything is on the up and up with the officiating around the league--for example some of the most curiously officiated games happen in Toronto and Montreal. I wouldn't be surprised if you felt the same way anytime your team goes north of the border. I concluded long ago that many on ice officials have teams they favor whether they'll admit to it or not. And so it follows there are ones they don't like quite as much. Add to that varying degrees of competency.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
  #47
mstraka82
 
mstraka82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
damn right Lou complains and Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL listens to him cry like a little baby, last night was ridiculous minus the point we didnt play great but some of those calls were dumb

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
  #48
Meth Elvis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pandora's Box
Country: United States
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
This is crap hockey. All in all I would say it's probably even in terms of breaks etc, but I think in general the devs get away with more crap because they invented the crap hockey of the modern era that we're watching. We're doing the same crap, they're just better (stealthier) at it because they pratice it as part of their system.

What's crap? Inteference plain and simple. The Langenbrunner pik of Shanny is the text-book example.

This is Lou's Crap Hockey League, the CHL.

How do you beat a team that's better, deeper more skilled without going and getting more skilled players yourself? (not just talking abouit the Rangers here) You find ways to slow them down and impinge their play and you push the envelope in terms of what's allowed and what's not.

You "do whatever it takes". How many times have you heard that in the past few days with the devs getting frustrated by Lundquist? "do whatever it takes"

Is Avery allowed to do whatever it takes? Apparently not.

This is just escalating crap hockey to the next level. How far should we go?

Some guys are good at hockey, some guys are good at crap.

We've gotten better at crap. That's why we lead the series 2-1.

yay
This is one of the worst posts I have ever read on these boards, and I've read a lot of ******** **** here. You can't actually believe that BS can you?

Meth Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
  #49
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
I really don't care what you think.

The league started to revert to this crap after about 2/3 of the way throught the 05/06 season. The only remnant of the "new rules" is the hooking call. Everything else fell in the crapper.

Whatever happened to not being allowed to check a guy who does not have the puck? happens all the time now.

Late hits, hits behind the play, impeding progress of a skater who DOES NOT HAVE THE PUCK, holding, holding a player who DOES NOT HAVE THE PUCK against the boards, it goes on and on and on.

It's really no fun to watch.

I'm happy that Renney has figured out how to beat this crap, but unfortunately, it's just with more crap.

The games are tense because they so close, and it's hard to score. That doesn't equate to "exciting".

Crap devil hockey. It sucks.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
  #50
Alcoolique*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Prudential Center.
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstraka82 View Post
damn right Lou complains and Gary Bettman and the rest of the NHL listens to him cry like a little baby, last night was ridiculous minus the point we didnt play great but some of those calls were dumb
Its pretty even for both sides on incorrect calls. I think Lou has a right to complain. Simple fact as that

Of course, I guess this thread will be once again closed. Too bad. I'm looking forward for this series to be finish.. So the **** will stop on both boards.

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.