HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Fedor Tjutin (Tyutin)..

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2004, 01:10 PM
  #1
The Jerk
Registered User
 
The Jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Woodbrige, Ontario
Country: India
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Fedor Tjutin (Tyutin)..

What's his potential as an NHL'er?? Do you see him as a top 2/4 d-man, that can play the powerplay. Is he a defensive d-man, all-round contributor?? What's his offensive potential?? Thanks is advance..

The Jerk is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
  #2
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Definitely a top 4, top 2 I dont know, depends on his development, but he will be similair to a Roman Hamrlik but thats just my opinion.

MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 04:20 AM
  #3
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
IMO he's way overrated on these boards.
He has a shot at the NHL, but I don't see him as another Hamrlik at all.

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 09:09 AM
  #4
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
I dont think he will be like Hamrlik at all, more like a Danny Markov imo. And hows he overrated? I havent seen his name mentioned on these boards in months and when it is no one is saying hes the next Pronger.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 09:24 AM
  #5
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I dont think he will be like Hamrlik at all, more like a Danny Markov imo. And hows he overrated? I havent seen his name mentioned on these boards in months and when it is no one is saying hes the next Pronger.
He's far too big to be a Danny Markov. I'm not sure about his offensive abilities, but he is a beast in his own end.

PhoPhan is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:23 AM
  #6
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I dont think he will be like Hamrlik at all, more like a Danny Markov imo. And hows he overrated? I havent seen his name mentioned on these boards in months and when it is no one is saying hes the next Pronger.
He's on many people's top 20 list which is a big reach IMO.

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:57 AM
  #7
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
He's on many people's top 20 list which is a big reach IMO.
Theres a reason. Hes 6'2/6'3, is a great skater,can take the body and has solid offensive skills. He is working on his defence in Hartford where he is +7 and has 12 points in 38 games which is reasonable for an AHL rookie defenceman, especially one coming from Europe. I think any potential top 3 defenceman should be in the top 20 of most peoples list as there arent too many of them, just look around the league.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 12:46 PM
  #8
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
I disagree. There are plenty of good Dmen prospects out there. Plenty better than Tyutin IMO.
Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him.
For instance, the Penguins have Whitney and Welch who are IMO better prospects than Tyutin. Yet none of them is ranked in the top 20. Because they're not as overrated as Tyutin is.

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 12:49 PM
  #9
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
I disagree. There are plenty of good Dmen prospects out there. Plenty better than Tyutin IMO.
Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him.
For instance, the Penguins have Whitney and Welch who are IMO better prospects than Tyutin. Yet none of them is ranked in the top 20. Because they're not as overrated as Tyutin is.
Other people must see something that your not seeing and since he's a Rangers prospect I'd say that its a damn miracle that he's even being mentioned in anybody's top 20 list. We all know how people like to sh#t on the Rangers and anybody associated with them.

Bure9* is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 04:47 PM
  #10
The Jerk
Registered User
 
The Jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Woodbrige, Ontario
Country: India
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
Other people must see something that your not seeing and since he's a Rangers prospect I'd say that its a damn miracle that he's even being mentioned in anybody's top 20 list. We all know how people like to sh#t on the Rangers and anybody associated with them.
believe dat..

The Jerk is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 12:31 AM
  #11
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure9
Other people must see something that your not seeing and since he's a Rangers prospect I'd say that its a damn miracle that he's even being mentioned in anybody's top 20 list. We all know how people like to sh#t on the Rangers and anybody associated with them.
I have nothing against the Rangers.
And I don't think your feeling holds water.
I can understand how you feel, but the fact is that Brendl, Lundmark, Tyutin, Blackburn, Dubé, Malohtra all were part of some people's top 20 at some point, so I'm not sure there is a negative bias towards the Rangers as far as prospects go.

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 08:51 AM
  #12
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Even THN agree. Hes 19 out of all prospects on all teams, not just defenceman. You must be either very wrong or the rest of the hockey world is. "Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him." If thats true then why does THN have only 4 defenceman ahead of him? Im betting you havent even see the guy play many games, if at all and so with your vast knowledge are definitely able to make statements like that. At the moment he definitely has the potential to be a great dfenceman, youll probably get the opotunity to see for yourself as he has just beeen called up.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 08:54 AM
  #13
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
p.s. the Nas lyrics are "You a slave to a page in my rhyme book"

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 10:13 AM
  #14
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
It's ok, the Rangers will trade him for some washed up 8 million dollar player who will do nothing in New York. Doesn't take a psyhic to figure that one out.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 12:05 PM
  #15
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Even THN agree. Hes 19 out of all prospects on all teams, not just defenceman. You must be either very wrong or the rest of the hockey world is. "Nearly each team has a prospect like Tyutin, and many have better prospects than him." If thats true then why does THN have only 4 defenceman ahead of him? Im betting you havent even see the guy play many games, if at all and so with your vast knowledge are definitely able to make statements like that. At the moment he definitely has the potential to be a great dfenceman, youll probably get the opotunity to see for yourself as he has just beeen called up.
THN's top prospects is a reference???
It's a joke!
It has Corey Perry in its top 50!!!!
I think Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future, but not as a top 2 Dman, which IMO is needed to be in the top 20 prospects.
If there's no more than 19 prospects that are worth more than a 3rd/4th Dman out there, then the league is in trouble...

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 12:28 PM
  #16
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
THN's top prospects is a reference???
It's a joke!
It has Corey Perry in its top 50!!!!
I think Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future, but not as a top 2 Dman, which IMO is needed to be in the top 20 prospects.
If there's no more than 19 prospects that are worth more than a 3rd/4th Dman out there, then the league is in trouble...
In my opinion THN is a more knowledgable resource than youself. Atleast youve gone from "He has a shot at the NHL" to "Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future" And top 3 D-men arent that common in this league, thats why they are so valuable and fetch so much in trades. Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

Thats about 20, theres 30 NHL teams and a couple of teams have 2 or more. I just think you undervalue what a top 2 defenceman is.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 02:24 PM
  #17
Sundried TOmato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)
Not a bad list. Where is Gonchar, though?

Sundried TOmato is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 03:38 PM
  #18
Jobu
Registered User
 
Jobu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Ohlund "questionable"?

hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
In my opinion THN is a more knowledgable resource than youself. Atleast youve gone from "He has a shot at the NHL" to "Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future" And top 3 D-men arent that common in this league, thats why they are so valuable and fetch so much in trades. Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

Thats about 20, theres 30 NHL teams and a couple of teams have 2 or more. I just think you undervalue what a top 2 defenceman is.

Jobu is offline  
Old
02-11-2004, 12:49 AM
  #19
Evilo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: France
Country: France
Posts: 27,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
In my opinion THN is a more knowledgable resource than youself. Atleast youve gone from "He has a shot at the NHL" to "Tyutin is a guy that has some NHL future" And top 3 D-men arent that common in this league, thats why they are so valuable and fetch so much in trades. Name the leagues defenceman that can be considered top 2. I have in my opinion

Blake
Foote
Zubov
Lidstom
Hatcher
Schneider (questionable)
Brewer (questionable)
Norstrom (questionable)
Stevens
Niedermayer
Aucoin
Hamrlik
Leetch
Redden
Chara
Pronger
Stuart (questionable)
Kaberle (questionable)
Jovonaski
Ohlund (questionable)
Sopel (questionable)

Thats about 20, theres 30 NHL teams and a couple of teams have 2 or more. I just think you undervalue what a top 2 defenceman is.
I didn't say I owned gospel truth. It's my opinion than THN's rankings suck and that Tyutin isn't a top 20 prospect.
On your list, I would add guys like Gonchar, Niinimaa, but that's not the point anyway. The point is that these guys SHOULD HAVE BEEN top 20 prospects. If you add the forwards and goalies, that means that there is about 6-7 spots in the top 20 for Dmen. I believe there are more than 6-7 guys out there better than Tyutin.

Evilo is offline  
Old
02-11-2004, 03:37 AM
  #20
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
I forgot Gounchar, hes obviously a legit top 2. I looked at Ninnima but thought he is not a legit top 2, a good 3 but no more imo.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-12-2004, 12:53 PM
  #21
Sundried TOmato
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I forgot Gounchar, hes obviously a legit top 2. I looked at Ninnima but thought he is not a legit top 2, a good 3 but no more imo.
Back on topic, though. I've seen Tjutin play and he is solid: good positioning, good head on his shoulders, responsible in his own end. He is not a Zubov in training, but he has some creative moments. Don't think he's overrated at all.

Sundried TOmato is offline  
Old
02-12-2004, 04:55 PM
  #22
The Jerk
Registered User
 
The Jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Woodbrige, Ontario
Country: India
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Is Tjutin though more of a defensive players, or is he solid all-round?

The Jerk is offline  
Old
02-15-2004, 12:20 PM
  #23
iamcaper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cape Breton
Country: Canada
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to iamcaper
Tjutin isn't an expert at any one thing but he is better than average at pretty much everything needed to be a successful NHL Dman. I don't feel he's over-rated because, in my opinion, dmen are of slightly higher value than forwards. He may not be a top 2 dman because of his style of play but in the right city and under the right system he could easily become a top 2 dman. I don't think that city is New York with the Rangers however.

iamcaper is offline  
Old
02-15-2004, 03:15 PM
  #24
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcaper
Tjutin isn't an expert at any one thing but he is better than average at pretty much everything needed to be a successful NHL Dman. I don't feel he's over-rated because, in my opinion, dmen are of slightly higher value than forwards. He may not be a top 2 dman because of his style of play but in the right city and under the right system he could easily become a top 2 dman. I don't think that city is New York with the Rangers however.
I dont think New York is the right city for anyone under 35 and with potential. Good post, and a good point about trade value.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-15-2004, 07:49 PM
  #25
Wingboy2999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
He played saturday against the Flyers. From the few times of me watching him, he was just bad. He coughed up the puck a couple times, could barely get it out of his zone. Just not good.

Wingboy2999 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.