HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not Worried One Bit about the Bruins!!!

Old
04-14-2008, 07:32 PM
happyhab*

vCash: 500
Not Worried One Bit about the Bruins!!!

After reading alot of threads and posts regarding last nights game, I can't believe people are so worried, we lost in OT, we could of just as easily won and be up 3-0, I was sure we weren't going to sweep, we were dominated by Jersey and came back to show were better, we were owned by Ottawa and figured out a way to dominate them,

Boston wins one guy and we freak out???? They are not half as good as we are, they even know that, They were playing for their lives yesterday, Every team always has another notch...they were their yesterday, Now the Habs naturally bring their next level

Look at Ottawa today their playing really good they know they can't lose today

Jersey won yesterday, Both of these teams will be out when all is said and done, let the bruins fans gloat for one more day, thats all they are getting

happyhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Cupmonger

3-1 for pens...

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
jcpenny

Even when the Bruins play their best its only good enough to take us to OT. If we really get going we'll see more of what happen in game one.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
2 words why i am not worried:

carey price

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
2 words why i am not worried:

carey price

exactly, they needed OT to beat us 2-1 with an extra guy on the ice.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The reason I'm worried is because they did not lose to us all season. They finally did when their backs were against the wall and in sudden death OT. They may have found their confidence against us when our confidence is nowhere to be found.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
ed ible*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The reason I'm worried is because they did not lose to us all season. They finally did when their backs were against the wall and in sudden death OT. They may have found their confidence against us when our confidence is nowhere to be found.

Dont be ascared

ed ible* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
playoffhero

I wouldn't be afraid of a team that just beat my team either.

playoffhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:44 PM
sheed36

If the Habs play like crap again tomorrow night and the Bruins win to tie the series @ 2 I will be a little more worried than I am right now....It is nice to be confident in saying the Habs will still win but after watching the effort from the Habs the past 2 games it is a cause for concern IMO.....Hopefully Carbo as the boys fired up for tomorrows game and the Habs play like they did in game 1.......Go Habs!!!

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffhero View Post
I wouldn't be afraid of a team that just beat my team either.

Thanks for dropping by....Your insight was greatly appeciated........

Old
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

i understand where you are coming from, but i see that lost as the wake call the team needed.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
i understand where you are coming from, but i see that lost as the wake call the team needed.
I am hoping that is what it is too or it gives the Bruins confidence that they can finally win against the Habs and makes this way more difficult that what it should have been....Still a lot of hockey to be played in this series yet but I really hope I am wrong....

Old
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
WeezyHabFan

im sure we'll win and i believe in our boys but we should always be a little worried about our opponents they have been out playing us lately and we need to step it up to win this series

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 08:56 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I truly believe they will come out flying.
After what Plekanec said about his play I expect him to have a multi point night.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
HotPie

I think it's alright to be a little worried, I mean, our top line and PP have been absent throughout the series.

I'm confident that our team will rebound though, we've been pretty damn consistent all year, and our PP did go through tough stretches throughout the season.

Anyways, game 4 should be a good indicator of how the remainder of the series will unfold.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:04 PM
sonnytheman

2 things:

I think the Canadiens never won more than 5 games in a row during the season, and barring that 4 game slide when Hamrlik was out, they never lost more than 2 in a row. After winning game 2, they had won 5 straight games (last 3 of the regular season + 2 in playoffs). They were due for the loss, maybe even a 2nd, but they bounce back very well from those.

I feel that since games 2 and 3 were back to back, the Habs didn't have any time to implement any adjustments from what they saw in game 2, while the Bruins had the day off after game 1 to talk about those things. I think the day off before game 4 will help in that regard (especially the power play).

Apart from all that, the Bruins are for real folks, they've played terrific the past 2 games and with the confidence we haven't seen all season. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out the series, but I still think the Habs have the better chance, simply due to the disparity in the teams' offences.

sonnytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:07 PM
happyhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
3-1 for pens...
Ok take Nashville then smart as s

Old
04-14-2008, 09:08 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhab View Post
After reading alot of threads and posts regarding last nights game, I can't believe people are so worried, we lost in OT, we could of just as easily won and be up 3-0, I was sure we weren't going to sweep, we were dominated by Jersey and came back to show were better, we were owned by Ottawa and figured out a way to dominate them,

Boston wins one guy and we freak out???? They are not half as good as we are, they even know that, They were playing for their lives yesterday, Every team always has another notch...they were their yesterday, Now the Habs naturally bring their next level

Look at Ottawa today their playing really good they know they can't lose today

Jersey won yesterday, Both of these teams will be out when all is said and done, let the bruins fans gloat for one more day, thats all they are getting
well, you obviously said that too early!

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
stfs25

Why im not worried : they have to beat the Habs (and Price) 3 time in the next 4 games !

stfs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:10 PM
lasainteflanelle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhab View Post
Ok take Nashville then smart as s
nashville is losing also

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 09:11 PM
happyhab*

I agree, Bruins played great, but man it's the playoffs did anyone expect this team to not try??

Old
04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
If the Habs play like crap again tomorrow night and the Bruins win to tie the series @ 2 I will be a little more worried than I am right now
Same for me. The Habs' trademark all year has been rebounding from weak outings, so I reserve the right to maintain a lot of optimism. The 'ruins were bound to win atleast one, most likely at home, and if last game was their best effort to date, we shouldn't be too worried.

Look for a 5/6-2 trouncing to bring it back to Montreal for the series win.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Stradale

Im not worried either.

What we need is that our 2 first lines start to score. Look at the bruins fowards, except Savard and Lucic that bring the physical aspect for them, they have nothing we should be scared of. With Price in the net, i feel even more confident. The Bruins has only scored 5 goals in 3 games against us, thats 1.67 per game.

When Kovalev, Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn and Higgins start going, we shouldnt have any problem to beat the Bruins.

Carbo should work on the PP, the Bruins seems to find a way to cut all the shot and pass lanes, one goal on the PP per game can make a big difference since the Bruins doesnt score much.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Im not worried either.

What we need is that our 2 first lines start to score. Look at the bruins fowards, except Savard and Lucic that bring the physical aspect for them, they have nothing we should be scared of. With Price in the net, i feel even more confident. The Bruins has only scored 5 goals in 3 games against us, thats 1.67 per game.

When Kovalev, Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn and Higgins start going, we shouldnt have any problem to beat the Bruins.

Carbo should work on the PP, the Bruins seems to find a way to cut all the shot and pass lanes, one goal on the PP per game can make a big difference since the Bruins doesnt score much.
One word: Markov.

Carbo needs to tell Markov to shoot the puck! Why? He has a damn laser and 2. its unexpected.. When Markov carries the puck they try and cut the lanes to Kovalev & Streit, usually leaving a pretty decent shot open for Marky.. I say take more shots and try and get traffic infront for a rebound.. We have to keep it simple right now and it'll come to us.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
snap-bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasainteflanelle View Post
nashville is losing also
neh, preds win 5-3

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote