HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Class

Old
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
I don't get those Bruin avatars...like one guy had a small pic of Bourque and a big pic of Wideman...is he saying Wideman is the next Bourque?
No. Those avatars were done for the stretch run and playoffs, and the point was to have an old B's player (with some playoff success) pictured with a current B. We did try to match up the players styles, not always with the greatest success, lol.

I am a big Wideman fan, but nobody in their right mind is comparing him to Bourque.

edit: that's why I went with Gary Galley instead of Bourque in my avatar...I figured people would get the wrong impression.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:53 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm happy our fans are more classy than those idiot Toronto and Vancouver fans booing the US anthem.

The Habs are like the United Nations of hockey with like 8 countries represented(Canada USA Finland Russia Belarus Czech Republic Slovakia and Switzerland) I think that's pretty cool.
This thread is about Vachon cakes and the resurrection of our old nemesis JOHNNY V. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Living in Toronto I love nothing more than to take gratuitous shots at the Leafs and their fans, but I can't let this one stand. The US national anthem was never booed in Toronto.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
While it wasn't me that was singing at the Garden, I'll have you know that I sing a wonderful version of "Touch me" by Samantha Fox. As for the Dutch not singing well... my girlfriend tends to agree with you for some reason. Some people just don't get art. I keep telling her that I sing better with my pants off, but she doesn't want to hear any of it. It's only St-Patrick day once a year, sadly.
Thanks Dutchy, you just killed all my teenage fantasies.

04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
I don't get those Bruin avatars...like one guy had a small pic of Bourque and a big pic of Wideman...is he saying Wideman is the next Bourque?
I hope not !

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
This thread is about Vachon cakes and the resurrection of our old nemesis JOHNNY V. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Living in Toronto I love nothing more than to take gratuitous shots at the Leafs and their fans, but I can't let this one stand. The US national anthem was never booed in Toronto.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post

That's right, it was booed in Montreal.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
That's right, it was booed in Montreal.
Well of course - hard to boo the US National Anthem in Toronto during the playoffs when there aren't any games.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote