HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

time for Lats to sit

Old
04-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Schwang

vCash: 500
time for Lats to sit

If he's not going to play a regular shift, I think it's time for Stewart. I'm all for giving Lats a chance to develop, but not at the expense of winning. He hasn't done anything in a while now. He's only good when parked in front of the net and he hasn't done it. Either give him some PP time, or scratch him. The problem is, Montreal's PP doesn't use a man in front for screens or tip ins, so Lats hasn't gotten the time. Stewart is much faster and probably tougher. Lats just isn't ready.
(and don't tell me he's a fighter either, cause a fighter doesn't wear a visor)

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Iwishihadacup

wait... wait... he's our next Neil but... we bench him?!??!?

I would sit Dandenault 362547457 times before Lats

The changing of opinion boards are this way--------------------------)

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Schwang

why sit Dandy

our fourth line has been our most consistent. Plus, Dandy is much faster and has been playing just as hard as Lats.

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Roulin

Stewart played one very good, almost meaningless game with the Habs, against a Leafs team that was waiting for golf season. I was excited by his play in that game as well, but it's not enough to support putting Stewart in the lineup in game 4 of a playoff series, IMO. If you're going to put a kid in the lineup, I'd rather see Grabovsky.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Stewart played one very good, almost meaningless game with the Habs, against a Leafs team that was waiting for golf season. I was excited by his play in that game as well, but it's not enough to support putting Stewart in the lineup in game 4 of a playoff series, IMO. If you're going to put a kid in the lineup, I'd rather see Grabovsky.
Yeah. Wow what a bunch of bandwagon fans. Stewart plays one good (I agree, meaningless) game and all of a sudden he should be in the lineup all the time.

I mean, I know this is a prospect site, but surely common sense can prevail over this crap.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Habs _Fan

Not again

He do his job!!!!!!! He is on the 3rd-4th line and he had 5-6 hit per game.

Habs _Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
our fourth line has been our most consistent. Plus, Dandy is much faster and has been playing just as hard as Lats.
except the fact that he can skate, Dandy do not bring anything else to the game, no stickhandling, no puck possession, less hits that Lats

we do not need fast skating athletes we need hockey players

'nuff said

/thread

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Marco Corleone

Lats is doing his job.

Why some people expect some players to all of a sudden become "stars" is beyond me.

Each player has their own role....especially in the playoffs.

To bake a cake you need to use a lot of different ingredients for it to work.....
To win the cup you need to have a lot of different role players to be successful......

Lats is doing his job just fine.

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
zzoo

Quote:
I agree.
One game in NHL doesn't convince me that he's good. Stewart's stats in AHL is mediocre. And the gap between AHL and NHL is huge. And regular season and play-off is different too.
Same as Roulin, I prefer to dress Grabovski than Stewart.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Lucky enough, Bruins aren't a fast team. Therefore, speed is less important than it would be versus a team built on speed.

Our fourth line has been ''consistent'' mainly thanks to Lapierre.
We need players that can put the puck in and that are physical first and foremost.
So i think Carbo should move Latendresse with Higgins and SK, bring Ryder with Lapierre and put Streit there instead of Dandy. Putting O'Byrne back on D.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Well, the coaches of the 93 Habs Stanley Cup team brought in players with no NHL experience at all. Seemed to work out alright. Though I wouldn't sit Lats.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I agree.
One game in NHL doesn't convince me that he's good. Stewart's stats in AHL is mediocre. And the gap between AHL and NHL is huge. And regular season and play-off is different too.
Same as Roulin, I prefer to dress Grabovski than Stewart.
I agree Stewart didn't get much of a chance to show how consistent his play could be, but he did show great things. He did it versus a depleted Leafs lineup i know, but he's still on our team so if they kept him, he's an option.

I don't think Grabovski would shine in this series. He would get pushed around very easily. So im not sure id put him there. We need physical players.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:44 AM
habfan4

Such a move is intriguing in that Stewart plays a more up tempo game. That said Latendresse has gotten involved physically and has not hurt the team which is all you can ask for a guy who is playing so few minutes.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Unspoken

Actually, Dany Dubé (one of the best hockey analyst imho) thinks he should replace Ryder on the second line.
He also said that Lats played a great game in Boston...
He said it on La Zone (which is 100 times better than 110%) and he said it again here:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...72-lundi.shtml
Of course, it's in French.
Scratching him, while others have been much worse is not the solution here.

Unspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:05 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Dandenault is useless. Waste of a roster spot. I would sit him waaaaaaayy before Lats.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Beakermania*

Lats out Stewart in.....

No, just No....

Stewart has one game of experience.... Lats had more points in the NHL then he had in the AHL.... Sure he played great his one game, but you better not expect that every time from Stewart.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I also think he should be on the 2nd line, playing with a playmaker like Sergei will help him as he simply has no one on his line to feed him the puck. People gotta realize that just because he hasn't put up puts doesn't mean he's been ineffective, he's thrown his weight around and played well down low and actually got in a fight showing heart unlike a lot of people on the team.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
If he's not going to play a regular shift, I think it's time for Stewart. I'm all for giving Lats a chance to develop, but not at the expense of winning. He hasn't done anything in a while now. He's only good when parked in front of the net and he hasn't done it. Either give him some PP time, or scratch him. The problem is, Montreal's PP doesn't use a man in front for screens or tip ins, so Lats hasn't gotten the time. Stewart is much faster and probably tougher. Lats just isn't ready.
I was thinking the same thing!. Genius!

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:15 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The obsession with Stewart in the line-up is akin to people putting Lahti on our first line in pre-season lineup predictions. It's silly.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The obsession with Stewart in the line-up is akin to people putting Lahti on our first line in pre-season lineup predictions. It's silly.
Well put! If Begin was out of the lineup then MAYBE it'd be okay to put Stewart in but come on, he's played one NHL game and he never even had a great year in the AHL. I like Stewart but this isn't the time for him to be playing.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's slightly less silly than that. At least many of us have seen Stewart play. But as a concept I do agree with you.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs _Fan View Post
Not again

He do his job!!!!!!! He is on the 3rd-4th line and he had 5-6 hit per game.
right, that, plus he got a hair cut....that`s really impressive

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Yeah. Wow what a bunch of bandwagon fans. Stewart plays one good (I agree, meaningless) game and all of a sudden he should be in the lineup all the time.

I mean, I know this is a prospect site, but surely common sense can prevail over this crap.

Yeah it's the bandwagon effect (for good and bad) that is contributing to the the continual decline of the quality of this board...It keeps getting harder and harder to read some quality posts, and there are some really good ones, but constantly having to sift through tons and tons of garbage posts to read a few good ones is causing me to lose interest more and more.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He's already sitting for 52 minutes a game...we already have Begin and Kotsopoulos, no need for Stewart. I'd try Lats with Higgins and Ryder, they could use a bit of size on their line.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
Actually, Dany Dubé (one of the best hockey analyst imho) thinks he should replace Ryder on the second line.
He also said that Lats played a great game in Boston...
He said it on La Zone (which is 100 times better than 110%) and he said it again here:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...72-lundi.shtml
Of course, it's in French.
Scratching him, while others have been much worse is not the solution here.

This stinks of French bias and holds no credibility whatsoever and I do not wish to discuss any further.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote