Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Malmö Redhawks Thread

Old
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

vCash: 500
Anyone catch Blomqvist in the U20 game? Picked up 2 assists, will he be bouncing back and forth between the U20 and big squad?

09-22-2008, 02:53 AM
DenGC

5 points by Hardt, thats pretty amazing. Good on him.

DenGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Anyone catch Blomqvist in the U20 game? Picked up 2 assists, will he be bouncing back and forth between the U20 and big squad?
Looks like he has 5 points in 3 games from the blueline. Anyone catch any of his games this year?

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 12:46 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
Looks like he has 5 points in 3 games from the blueline. Anyone catch any of his games this year?
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I honestly have no idea as I haven't been to a game yet this year (due to work) and I only watch the Allsvenskan team and not the juniors. If he comes up to Allsvenskan, I'll see how he goes.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Hows is Soderberg doing, and is there a website so that I can see his point totals.
P.S. How does your olympic team look as I am going to watch a few games?

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Hows is Soderberg doing, and is there a website so that I can see his point totals.
http://stats.swehockey.se/

Click on HockeyAllsvenskan. There you'll have the statistics for the whole HA and Malmö Redhawks.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 07:16 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
P.S. How does your olympic team look as I am going to watch a few games?
If I have to be honest, Calle has been very poor in the games i've seen. Inconsistent, not at his best...yesterday gave away the puck (as last man back) several times, led to Huddinge scoring. He did score a nice goal to make up for it though, but was rather poor all game. Hoping he will turn it around soon.

I am using the computers at Malmö Library to write this, as i've been out fo a computer for the last month to keep everyone posted on the progress.

Last night, was probably the worst game of hockey i've seen all around. Bad play by Malmö, Bad play by Huddinge, bad refereeing. It was just horror.

Losing to the bottom team in the league 2-3 isn't nice, but there's very few good things about the team right now.

Frederik Eriksson - WHAT A STAR! The best defenceman on the team, and he's a forward
Markus Paulsson - The only guy bringing excitement to the game last night (other than Eriksson)

The defense was down right brutal last night. I wish we could ship of Bruun, he is a liability. Weihager's play has dropped significantly since last season, Öberg drives me up the wall with all the bad penalties.

Karlsson let in one soft goal, other than that was solid I thought. Both other goals were bad defensive errors.

The offence had no real strength. I still don't get what the hell Mr. Artist Kontrakt is doing on the ice...teaching the team to dump the puck in...hardly a talent. Jan Urbas was also quite good, Alvarez had his worst game of the season (which he has been great otherwise). Then Wallgren, a guy who will never be more than a 4th liner on an elitserien team, getting so many minutes to play poorly. Frustrating.

Anyawys I hope we jump back tomorrow and against AIK on sunday. We are too far behidn right now, and something has to change.

Old
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
calgarylen13

A couple weeks on, and things are just strange right now out of Malmö.

We can beat the middle-top teams, we lose points against the bottom teams.

I missed the Borås game, but am hopeful that we will turn up to play tomorrow night against Troja Ljungby.

Old
10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Padan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarylen13 View Post
If I have to be honest, Calle has been very poor in the games i've seen. Inconsistent, not at his best...yesterday gave away the puck (as last man back) several times, led to Huddinge scoring.
Agreed, the eye injury seems to be nagging him. He looks really soft out there, doesn't win any battles down low and makes some really bad turnovers game after game.

Padan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 06:50 AM
calgarylen13

Glad we got the 3 points against Troja Ljungby yesterday, but my word we didn't deserve ANY of them.

Henke Karlsson still rules the goals, fantastic game from him as usual. Gave us 3 points, in our right mind we deserved 0.
Jonas Höglund finally had a nice consistent game (in Malmö, away he's been fine)
Carl Söderberg still isn't himself from last season.

Anti Bruun was horrible again. He HAS TO GO!
Niklas Hardt has been invisible.

I have no idea what to expect for the first game at Malmö Arena against Leksands. In all honesty, we could really be embarassed by them. I think that is what it will take for someone to see some drastic changes need to still be made!

Old
10-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Garl

Quote:
Glad we got the 3 points against Troja Ljungby yesterday, but my word we didn't deserve ANY of them.

Henke Karlsson still rules the goals, fantastic game from him as usual. Gave us 3 points, in our right mind we deserved 0.
Jonas Höglund finally had a nice consistent game (in Malmö, away he's been fine)
Carl Söderberg still isn't himself from last season.

Anti Bruun was horrible again. He HAS TO GO!
Niklas Hardt has been invisible.

I have no idea what to expect for the first game at Malmö Arena against Leksands. In all honesty, we could really be embarassed by them. I think that is what it will take for someone to see some drastic changes need to still be made!

I understand that expectations from Soderberg are very high, but isn't here too much critics of a player who has 26 pts in 15 games and is #3 in leagues scoring

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 04:10 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
I understand that expectations from Soderberg are very high, but isn't here too much critics of a player who has 26 pts in 15 games and is #3 in leagues scoring
I like Carl Söderberg, last year he was an absolute star.

The points don't quite tell the full story with him. His defensive play has been horrendous. Offensive, he's managed to score, and chip in points when needed, but he hasn't been as strong/physical as he was last season. Sure the points are coming, but the quality of his play has dropped.

My fingers are crossed that he is just taking it easy as its regular season, and will turn it on in the big games (vs Leksands tonight, and in 2 weeks, and in Kvalserien). For me that will be his big test.

But you are in effect right, 26 points in 15 games is fantastic. I didn't even realize he had scored that many until I read it in the paper this morning. I wonder how many have come on the road? (or at the start of the season, when I was working during the games)

Old
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Teus

Quote:
I like Carl Söderberg, last year he was an absolute star.

The points don't quite tell the full story with him. His defensive play has been horrendous. Offensive, he's managed to score, and chip in points when needed, but he hasn't been as strong/physical as he was last season. Sure the points are coming, but the quality of his play has dropped.

My fingers are crossed that he is just taking it easy as its regular season, and will turn it on in the big games (vs Leksands tonight, and in 2 weeks, and in Kvalserien). For me that will be his big test.

But you are in effect right, 26 points in 15 games is fantastic. I didn't even realize he had scored that many until I read it in the paper this morning. I wonder how many have come on the road? (or at the start of the season, when I was working during the games)
Except for a period just after the team's great start with an 8-0 and a 6-1 win, he has actually been producing points at a steady pace. Right now he is on a 9-game point streak.

vs OSK: 1+3
at BOR: 0+2
vs BJÖ: 0+0
at MOR: 0+0
at VÄX: 0+1
vs SUN: 0+0
at MAR: 1+2
vs VÄS: 1+1
vs HUD: 1+0
at BOF: 1+1
vs AIK: 0+2
at NYB: 0+1
vs ALM: 0+2
vs BOR: 2+1
vs TRO: 1+2

Hopefully that list makes since.

There is the feeling though that he can do a lot more. By skating harder and playing simpler at times, I think he would do a lot better. He got the ability to do that little extra not many can do, but there are times playing simple is a lot more effective (and safer).

Should be an interesting game today. Dunno about having Peter Andersson on the ice though as rumors say...

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Teus

Here we complain a bit on Söderberg and he has one of his best games of the season. Worked great in both ends, forced turnovers and created chances (nice moves and pass to the 1-0 goal).

The Malmö players' fighting spirit reminded me about the AIK game. That alone will get them very far in Kvalserien, so I hope to see more of that. Having Henke Karlsson in goal of course also helps.

BTW I didn't know about the juniors being in USA, so the decision to play PA on the defense made a lot more sense. Did a solid job and I must say it was damn impressive by him to go in and make a comeback like that in a top game. You could see though that he played during an era when clutching and grabbing were more allowed and he did a lot of coaching on the ice.

Ridiculous though that there are no goal cameras in HockeyAllsvenskan.

Last edited by Teus: 10-31-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Here we complain a bit on Söderberg and he has one of his best games of the season. Worked great in both ends, forced turnovers and created chances (nice moves and pass to the 1-0 goal).

The Malmö players' fighting spirit reminded me about the AIK game. That alone will get them very far in Kvalserien, so I hope to see more of that. Having Henke Karlsson in goal of course also helps.

BTW I didn't know about the juniors being in USA, so the decision to play PA on the defense made a lot more sense. Did a solid job and I must say it was damn impressive by him to go in and make a comeback like that in a top game. You could see though that he played during an era when clutching and grabbing were more allowed and he did a lot of coaching on the ice.

Ridiculous though that there are no goal cameras in HockeyAllsvenskan.
Big win over the Knäckebröd, and all of a sudden I am dead confused again. Söderberg was fantastic, Andersson was a good laugh (had a chuckle when he was in the penalty box), but he did the job. The guts of the team was fantastic, and Henke is a fantastic goalie. He showed it again, and glad he got the SO vs the Knäckebröd. I can't stand them!

Old
11-13-2008, 04:25 AM
calgarylen13

Another win over the Knäckebröd and we're safely 3rd, which is nothing to complain about. But its now when these stupid losses we've had are most frustrating, as we could be comfortably first. The nicest thing at the moment is Växjö are a shot at becoming first! I am hoping for that (before we play them) as it would be nice to see someone other than Leksands on top (a bit repetitive after last season as well).

Leksands must be hurting right now though 3 game losing streak, in their last 8 they are 3-4-1 after winning every match before that. Good signs for us and Väjxö

btw NEW ARENA IS AWESOME!!!

Old
11-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Teus

Lovely night yesterday. The arena was amazing and almost surreal to finally be in. The roof almost lifted after the 2-0 goal.

The way they are playing against the top teams makes me very optimistic. They need to get better at handling the puck in the defensive zone though - getting the puck out of the zone, starting plays etc that is.

Old
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Lovely night yesterday. The arena was amazing and almost surreal to finally be in. The roof almost lifted after the 2-0 goal.

The way they are playing against the top teams makes me very optimistic. They need to get better at handling the puck in the defensive zone though - getting the puck out of the zone, starting plays etc that is.
Images from the new arena please.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Teus

Love this:

Sweden needs more arenas where people sit right by the glass.

Old
11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
someone who was at the game in the new arena? Im very very eager to go and see a game there.. cant afford the trip right now even though it wont cost me that much

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Teus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
someone who was at the game in the new arena? Im very very eager to go and see a game there.. cant afford the trip right now even though it wont cost me that much
I was and I really recommend people to check it out. Sat on the first row in the higher bowl by the red line, right above Leif Boork.

Old
11-14-2008, 06:19 AM

Looks like a nice arena, hopefully Malmö will be able to fill it.

I love what Percy said about the team. So funny.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

I'll be waiting for Malmö to reach the SEL so I can visit the awesomely looking arena when Brynäs is coming to Malmö.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:12 AM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
I was there, in the ståplats, and its a great view of the arena from there...better than at Malmö Isstadion. Its really a spectacular arena, and I am looking forward to tomorrows game against Mariestad to check it out again. Its spacious, and a great atmospherical place. Never been to such a great atmosphere at a hockey game (much much better than the 2 NHL games I saw)

Old
11-15-2008, 08:30 AM
KRM

How is the concession areas?

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote