HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Malmö Redhawks Thread

Old
01-08-2009, 05:19 AM
Scanian Malmoitian

vCash: 500
It is so darn poor it goes this bad! With the new arena and all! Freaking 1 miljard arena!

Least the new borrowed players seemingly did their share and was not lazy?

Scanian Malmoitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 04:23 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanian Malmoitian View Post
It is so darn poor it goes this bad! With the new arena and all! Freaking 1 miljard arena!

Least the new borrowed players seemingly did their share and was not lazy?
Its really quite disappointing. Good that we finally got a win over Boras, more interesting that Svensson was the goalie. I like Henke Karlsson, but it does make you wonder. I don't blame him for most of the losses though, I think the team has stunk and he's done quite well in mots games, but still...Svensson gets the win, after several losses. Might be worth considering starting him again for the next game, see if we can get a streak going.

I just do not understand why the team isn't at all settled. Last year, nearly the whole year we had a settled lineup, with a few additions throughout. This year, it seems we're a team being filled with replacements, as if we don't have/haven't purchased enough players to fill a lineup. Its quite embarassing to think we don't have a set team for games, despite the fact some of the young replacements have done well. There should be enough players to fill a lineup without having the Assistant coach suiting up.

I do see this as a major problem come playoff to Kvalserien and Kvalserien time (if we get there) as an unsettled team will not go up. And to think Calle will not be back next season, it doesn't look good.

calgarylen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Tomas W

As a SSK-are, I am very happy that Malmeuöö IF exists, at least one team in Sweden that is more disspointing than SSK.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
As a SSK-are, I am very happy that Malmeuöö IF exists, at least one team in Sweden that is more disspointing than SSK.
lol, at least you're in Elitserien...at the moment its a far cry for Malmo.

Old
01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Teus

Bobo and PA are gone!

Hopefully Karlström, Olsson and Peo can turn this ship around now.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:30 PM
calgarylen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teus View Post
Bobo and PA are gone!

Hopefully Karlström, Olsson and Peo can turn this ship around now.
As they say, better late than never...but can they bail themselves out from this drop in play, I have no idea...it jsut might be too late, but I hold hope.

Old
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
calgarylen13

And we start with a win over Vaxjo. Thats a good effort, even though it was penalties, taking away points from the top teams is a must if we're going to progress to Kvalserien now.

Fingers crossed it wasn't a 'one off' and will continue.

Old
01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Ribban

Is this the year Percy suggested that SEL closes up and those who aren't "in" are "out"?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Yabob

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.....

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle4288678.ab

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:38 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
This really stinks. What will happen now? MIF got too many expensive underachievers I really hope this will save the team. Even though I'm not a huge fan of this team I do not want it to end in tears for those who do. This will probably mean that Carl Söderberg will give NHL a try next year though..

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.....

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle4288678.ab
Wow, I tried a translator but not sure if the jist is right.

Is Malmo declaring bankruptcy?

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Oslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Wow, I tried a translator but not sure if the jist is right.

Is Malmo declaring bankruptcy?
No, but they are giving 08/09 up by leting all of thier players go. They will never go bankrup as Percy more or less must save them.

Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
No, but they are giving 08/09 up by leting all of thier players go. They will never go bankrup as Percy more or less must save them.
So...does this mean they are done for the year? Does anybody have a solid grasp regarding the rules on European players coming over to the NHL/AHL mid-season? Does the fact that Malmo is shutting it down effect these rules?

You guys are obviously more familiar with the teams and situation, is it possible that Soderberg will sign on (be loaned by Boston) to an Elitserien team?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
KRM

As much as I hate Malmö this is really sad. Been quite clear to anyone that knows anything about hockey that Malmö has a rotten organisation and knows nothing about running a hockey team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
So...does this mean they are done for the year? Does anybody have a solid grasp regarding the rules on European players coming over to the NHL/AHL mid-season? Does the fact that Malmo is shutting it down effect these rules?

You guys are obviously more familiar with the teams and situation, is it possible that Soderberg will sign on (be loaned by Boston) to an Elitserien team?
Trade deadline is January 31, so someone needs to pull some strings fast if that were to happen. But I doubt I Calle would leave Malmö even if he doesn't get paid, he stayed because he wanted to help the club reach Elitserien, would he then ditch them when they need him the most.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
As much as I hate Malmö this is really sad. Been quite clear to anyone that knows anything about hockey that Malmö has a rotten organisation and knows nothing about running a hockey team.

Trade deadline is January 31, so someone needs to pull some strings fast if that were to happen. But I doubt I Calle would leave Malmö even if he doesn't get paid, he stayed because he wanted to help the club reach Elitserien, would he then ditch them when they need him the most.
I can understand the loyalty factor, but Malmo was struggling already this season, and if they lose guys like Hoglund, etc., and have to replace them with junior players, isn't any shot at the Elitserien pretty much finished??

Old
01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Garl

3 players already left MIF.

Tomas Larsson-Skelleftea AIK
Marcus Paulsson-Farjestad
Robin Weihager-Sparta Sarpsborg(Norway)

Very sad situation. Smth. tells me if MIF was in better position in Allsvenskan right now, it wouldn't be so bad.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:27 PM
KRM

Quote:
I can understand the loyalty factor, but Malmo was struggling already this season, and if they lose guys like Hoglund, etc., and have to replace them with junior players, isn't any shot at the Elitserien pretty much finished??
They are closer to playing for relegation then promotion...

Old
01-30-2009, 05:54 AM
Nacho
Special

What is sad is, that the players havent showed any fing heart all season long, and now they just pack up and leave.... They should pay back the money that he have gotten from this club, I mean most of them were getting payed more than most people get payed in the eliteserien...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:10 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
What is sad is, that the players havent showed any fing heart all season long, and now they just pack up and leave.... They should pay back the money that he have gotten from this club, I mean most of them were getting payed more than most people get payed in the eliteserien...
There is a lesson to be learned for Malmö. Everything can't be bought for money. It's not like Malmö has trouble developing good players by themselves, but that they bring in guys who don't love the club as their own players do.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Pellegrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
There is a lesson to be learned for Malmö. Everything can't be bought for money. It's not like Malmö has trouble developing good players by themselves, but that they bring in guys who don't love the club as their own players do.
I think the lesson is that you can't spend more money than you have.

Pellegrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Tragic!

What the hell were they thinking when they signed Fraser Clair 3 days ago? They must have known what was coming..

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:05 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
I think the lesson is that you can't spend more money than you have.
the question is if that lesson will be learned. somehow people fail to get that and be in trouble soon again.

they have a game today. i wonder who will play. 3 guys maybe staying and the rest will be the J20 or what?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
They are closer to playing for relegation then promotion...
I didn't realize there was a league below the SEL-2 (is this where Brunnstom came from before he appeared in the SEL-1 last season?) to be relegated to. Is it the same as the Elitserien playoff, where the bottom two teams face off against the Top 4 from the lower league???

If it is the same, Malmo is still quite a bit ahead of Huddinge and Mariestad. If they go belly up (Percy N has already said he will not bail them out) and forfeit the season, are they automatically relegated to the lower division??

Old
01-30-2009, 10:38 AM
KRM

Quote:
I didn't realize there was a league below the SEL-2 (is this where Brunnstom came from before he appeared in the SEL-1 last season?) to be relegated to. Is it the same as the Elitserien playoff, where the bottom two teams face off against the Top 4 from the lower league???

If it is the same, Malmo is still quite a bit ahead of Huddinge and Mariestad. If they go belly up (Percy N has already said he will not bail them out) and forfeit the season, are they automatically relegated to the lower division??
Yes Brunnström played for Borås in Division 1 and helped them get promoted to Allsvenskan. Then there's Division 2, 3, 4 etc, and all are divided into smaller groups, north, south, west, east, down to regional/city leagues.

Old
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Oslo

Quote:

There are going to be 14 teams in AS next year(this year its 16), so the last team will get relegated eminently and team number 14 and 15 will play a kvalserien against 4 DIV1-teams fore one spot in next years AS. Malmö are now 12 points ahead of Nybro with 8 or 9 games left to play.

I really hope Söderberg ill show some heart now

Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote