HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Beauchemin/Bouillon

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2004, 09:55 AM

vCash: 500
Beauchemin/Bouillon

I have no problem with Bouillon, think he's a steady player and brings his "A" game every night, however, I can't help but thinking Beauchemin could bring the same to the table, he's bigger, has a better offensive game and judging by his +/- he's dependable defensively, I think Bouillon would be better suited for the role of 7th d-man, why hasn't Beauchemin been given a shot, he's improved by leaps and bounds since he was drafted as before last year he wasn't even on most radar screens...he's as physical as Bouillon except he'd be better at clearing the front of the net cause he's bigger, and I think that's the only facet of the game Bouillon struggles with, which is why I hate to see him on the second PK unit with Brisebois/Rivet...

Who would you rather see with the Habs?

Old
02-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Darz

Well based on Beauchemin one game NHL tryout, I'd say I'd much rather have Boullion up here. But with that being said, a one game tryout probabely doesn't give you a fair gauge so....

Old
02-09-2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Well based on Beauchemin one game NHL tryout, I'd say I'd much rather have Boullion up here. But with that being said, a one game tryout probabely doesn't give you a fair gauge so....
Really? I didn't think he was that bad, he left his position a few times to make a open ice hit, but I think he was trying to make a big impression more than anything

Old
02-09-2004, 10:39 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Really? I didn't think he was that bad, he left his position a few times to make a open ice hit, but I think he was trying to make a big impression more than anything
Which is why one game tryouts aren't worth anything...

Old
02-09-2004, 10:43 AM
habsfan11

I think he is going to have a very hard time ever cracking the nhl with the habs.... Hainsey is going to get a job before him, also i Beauch is getting older and might loose his place to younger deffensive prospects, like korprikari, o'bryne and kornev.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Brownies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I have no problem with Bouillon, think he's a steady player and brings his "A" game every night, however, I can't help but thinking Beauchemin could bring the same to the table, he's bigger, has a better offensive game and judging by his +/- he's dependable defensively, I think Bouillon would be better suited for the role of 7th d-man, why hasn't Beauchemin been given a shot, he's improved by leaps and bounds since he was drafted as before last year he wasn't even on most radar screens...he's as physical as Bouillon except he'd be better at clearing the front of the net cause he's bigger, and I think that's the only facet of the game Bouillon struggles with, which is why I hate to see him on the second PK unit with Brisebois/Rivet...

Who would you rather see with the Habs?
Bouillon is playing great this year. Beauchemin deserves a spot, but not over Bouillon.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Bouillon is playing great this year. Beauchemin deserves a spot, but not over Bouillon.
I agree, he is playing great, however, one of the most important task for a d-man is to clear the front of the net, and Bouillon struggles mightly at that particular aspect, and parking big players in front of our net is an aspect teams will employ when facing us, especially in the playoffs

Old
02-09-2004, 12:24 PM
oli500

I just dont see Beauchemin in the habs future plans. In front of him theres players like hainsey,komi,kornev along with what we allready have. Its going to be hard for him to be a regualur with the habs. I have a feling if we do trade for someone this year beauchemin will be part of the package.

Old
02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I just dont see Beauchemin in the habs future plans. In front of him theres players like hainsey,komi,kornev along with what we allready have. Its going to be hard for him to be a regualur with the habs. I have a feling if we do trade for someone this year beauchemin will be part of the package.
Bauchemain would'nt have a big impact in a trade...He was available in the waiver draft and nobody pick him.But I don't think the other NHL team know him very much...

Old
02-09-2004, 03:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500

Komisarek and Korneev play RD, so they don't have an impact on Beauchemin, and he would not bring much if anything in a trade since he has no NHL experience.

I do see him in the plans of the Habs, even if it's just to play in the AHL, as he's been solid for the last 2 years helping Hamilton be one of the top teams in the AHL.

I personally don't care much for Bouillon. I love the heart and effort he puts forth, but as far as skills go, I think we need an upgrade. Hainsey or Beauchemin aren't enough of an upgrade, imo for a playoff push. Bouillon isn't that good at clearing the front of the net, doesn't bring much offense (but does skate well and can move the puck) but he's also had a a number of goals scored off his stick into Theo's net on some questionable plays. I would have liked to see Beauchemin get a few games instead of Komo playing out of position, but it didn't happen, and it may be too late to do that since every game is so important now and Beauchemin can be shaky in his own end with some questionable decisions at times plus he has almost zero experience.

I can't say who they would call up first, Hainsey or Beauchemin but I'd guess it would be Dykhuis (which is crap to me, unless it's planned that he won't play) but I'd call up Beauchemin over Hainsey, as Hainsey I'd leave down all season and let him earn a spot next year if possible.

Closed Thread