HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline wheel question

Old
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Diskothek

vCash: 500
Inline wheel question

Hey there, just got my first pair of real roller hockey skates (CCM Vector 2.0) and I love 'em. Only thing is they came with 72-76-76-80 wheels.

I play in a league on a surfaced indoor rink, and I've heard most guys in the league say to just get all low wheels. Was wondering if I should get a similar slant (like 68-72-72-76), a flat angle (all the same hardness), or just keep what I've got.

I'm sure a lot depends on personal preference, but I've only been playing a couple years and don't know what guys who have been around a while like to skate on.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

No reason to have all low wheels... I would stick with the sizing that the skate was designed for.... Use all the same hardness.... You'll be fine....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Use the wheels your skates were designed for. Bigger wheels = faster speed, I don't know why anyone would tell you to get smaller wheels.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Diskothek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperArchetype View Post
Use the wheels your skates were designed for. Bigger wheels = faster speed, I don't know why anyone would tell you to get smaller wheels.
I've been told it's cause I'm pretty light (140lbs) and short (5'5"). I guess the theory is keep me closer to the ground?

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 01:15 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperArchetype View Post
Yeah, that's some bad advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
I've been told it's cause I'm pretty light (140lbs) and short (5'5"). I guess the theory is keep me closer to the ground?
Uh, no. With your weight I'd get the softest wheels possible for your surface. If it's sport court, get 74A wheels in the sizes that came with your skates.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
iceman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
They probably meant get the softest wheels possible. Usually the heavier you are the harder the wheel you should have (taking into account the surface you are playing on of course)

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Nosebleed Section

First off I got these same blades. If your playing on an indoor court you're going to want to change the wheels because the ones they come with a hard more outdoorish wheels.
The sizes you have should basically stay the same but you could vary it slightly if need be.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote