HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla/edm *proposal*

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Dropkick Alex

vCash: 500
Fla/edm

I know people are tired of this Edmonton and Panthers but how about this?

Edmonton gets
Bure/Kozlov
2nd RD pick of 05

Florida gets
Smyth
Brewer

I think thats two much but is there a way to make it around those lines?

Old
02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Weiss, Krajinek, Huselius along with FLA's 1st and 2nd Rounders in '04.
for
Smyth and Brewer

Old
02-08-2004, 08:57 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4

Edmonton gets
Bure/Kozlov
2nd RD pick of 05

Florida gets
Smyth
Brewer

You mean Bure and Kozlov + a 2nd? That is a terrible deal from an oiler perspective. And it is even worse if you mean only 1 of bure or kozlov. That package would not land you one of smyth or Brewer, yet alone both.

Old
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Dropkick Alex

yea i meant kozlov and bure if thats not enough if adding huselius would it help?

Old
02-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

ur gonna have to overpay drastically to get either Smyth or Brewer, if you want them both in the same deal then start with Weiss and Krajinek and go from there.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Cerebral

Quote:

Edmonton gets
Bure/Kozlov
2nd RD pick of 05

Florida gets
Smyth
Brewer

Ugly offer.. why would the Oilers want another winger in Bure? Along with being a winger, he is also getting old and doesn't really have a spot in the Oilers future. Kozlov might be interesting if he can switch back to center but I wouldn't be willing to give up either of Brewer/Smyth for him.. a deal centered around Smith for Kozlov might be attainable but it will probably take Weiss to start getting a deal involving Smyth rolling..

Old
02-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Dropkick Alex

how about dropping smyth and just brewer? give me some proposals and some for smith

Old
02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
HuskyFlames

Brewer is overrated. He has decent offense but that is due to his icetime on top lines and PP time. He does have potential but I don't think he had developed as much as he should have by now. His defensive game is not up to par to where it should be at this stage. If I was Florida I would hold onto Weiss as he seems to be a player who will be much better than Smyth in the long run. Plus Florida has enough offensive d-men. If anything they could use a guy like Smith or Staois from Edmonton, not Brewer. Flordia has Boum. on defense who will be much better than Brewer. Staois is worth a mid round pick but is kind of expensive now after his new contract. Smith is a decent player who would help the Panthers blueline and lead the young core. But the asking price would be high for Smith and there are other defensemen (good stay at home, net clearing men) that can be had for much cheaper than Smith.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
how about dropping smyth and just brewer? give me some proposals and some for smith
There is no way I'd move Brewer for an older Kozlov.. the way I figure it, a deal with Smith could be possible with the centerpiece in return being Kozlov. The only way Kevin Lowe will deal Brewer is if it immediately addresses our greatest need: a first line centerman. There are two players on Florida that might fit that bill, Weiss and Jokinen. I personally wouldn't move Brewer for either of those two players alone.. that might be my bias speaking but Jokinen has had one truly succesful season in the NHL and has really struggled with consistency. He is still a very valuable player and would look great on the Oilers but I wouldn't be prepared to deal away our #1 d-man just for him. Likewise, Weiss is still very young and has yet to prove much at the NHL level (though he looked good early on in the season). A combination of Krajicek/Novak + Weiss/Jokinen would be a good start on a deal from Florida's side. All of these players pretty much fit into the Florida fans' untradeable category however..

Old
02-08-2004, 09:16 PM
tylerr

Send a message via MSN to tylerr
To Florida: Brewer, Smith
To Edmonton: Krajinek, Huselius

eh?

Old
02-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames
But the asking price would be high for Smith and there are other defensemen (good stay at home, net clearing men) that can be had for much cheaper than Smith.
I'd like you to point out two good stay at home d-men that are available on the market for cheaper than Smith that would fit into Florida's top 6..

Old
02-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Clash*

God I'm embarassed to be a Panther fan with threads like this poppin up constantly. Any thought of a trade with Edmonton needs to stop.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Weiss, Krajinek, Huselius along with FLA's 1st and 2nd Rounders in '04.
for
Smyth and Brewer
I know the first thread was bad, but this is horrible.

Old
02-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
God I'm embarassed to be a Panther fan with threads like this poppin up constantly. Any thought of a trade with Edmonton needs to stop.
I agree, but on the other hand there have been some bad ones going the other way.

Old
02-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
You may think so, but that's exactly what Lowe would want. Of course it's overpaying though.

Old
02-09-2004, 01:34 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
ya, as said above - you may not like it, but if yuo think you could get those two for less then you're dreaming. A soft Europeon scorer who isn't scoring is almost a negative for the Oilers as we have more wingers then we need, and Huselius would just be salary. After that, you'd be giving up prospects for two proven core players that you can use to help build a team around.

Anyways, I've said for a couple years that I thought Kozlov is a PERFECT fit for Edmonton. I think a great deal would be Smith for Kozlov. Salaries are a wash in this situation too, so It would really make sense for both teams. Edmonton would get that center with size who WOULD produce numbers (even if he only produced at what he has in FLA it'd be fine, but he could thrive in Edmonton) and FLA would get that tought heart and sould type guy who could lead their young group and teach them not only how to play, but how to work in practise and how to act off the ice.

Old
02-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Could someone please stop Bouwmeester4 from posting ANY proposals, I have yet to see one that was even remotely close

Old
02-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
You may think so, but that's exactly what Lowe would want. Of course it's overpaying though.
You're insulting Lowe by saying that.

Old
02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
You're insulting Lowe by saying that.
Not at all. Unless your insulting your GM everytime you say a team will have to overpay for Weiss etc.

Old
02-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Not at all. Unless your insulting your GM everytime you say a team will have to overpay for Weiss etc.
Our first and Weiss would almost be enough to get Smyth and Brewer, let alone throwing in the second, Krajicek and Huselius. Huselius's value isn't much, but Krajicek is still valuable as is our second. I am trying to look at things from the outside when posting this.

Old
02-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Our first and Weiss would almost be enough to get Smyth and Brewer, let alone throwing in the second, Krajicek and Huselius. Huselius's value isn't much, but Krajicek is still valuable as is our second. I am trying to look at things from the outside when posting this.
Your first and Weiss would maybe get you Smyth, but the value isn't anwhere close to both him and Brewer. Once again Comrie got a late 1st, a prospect just as valuable as Weiss, and a 3rd. Smyth's value is higher than Comrie's ever was(who lowered his value even more), and Brewers is higher than Smyth's.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Your first and Weiss would maybe get you Smyth, but the value isn't anwhere close to both him and Brewer. Once again Comrie got a late 1st, a prospect just as valuable as Weiss, and a 3rd. Smyth's value is higher than Comrie's ever was(who lowered his value even more), and Brewers is higher than Smyth's.
Alright, I am not going to post in this thread anymore because I think that is just a ridiculous assinine statement. Have fun overvaluing your players because I really don't think I was being a homer.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Alright, I am not going to post in this thread anymore because I think that is just a ridiculous assinine statement. Have fun overvaluing your players because I really don't think I was being a homer.
Have fun with that. Basically your on here saying that

Smyth=Weiss
Brewer=#8-12 overall

Not even close. I doubt you would do it if the Panthers were the team giving up their two best players in each position.

Old
02-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Have fun with that. Basically your on here saying that

Smyth=Weiss
Brewer=#8-12 overall

Not even close. I doubt you would do it if the Panthers were the team giving up their two best players in each position.
I said that Weiss/1st is stupid and it is.. I said Weiss, 1st and something else (didn't say what) is more valuable than you are claiming. Weiss, 1st >>>>>> Smyth

Old
02-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
I said that Weiss/1st is stupid and it is.. I said Weiss, 1st and something else (didn't say what) is more valuable than you are claiming. Weiss, 1st >>>>>> Smyth
That "something else" will be on par with Brewer? Your joking right?

Comrie came into the league doing a lot more damage than Weiss. Are you going to say Weiss is on par value-wise with a guy who has scored 33 goals in his first full season? I don't think you can, and since Lowe wouldn't trade Smyth straight up for Comrie, Weiss and a first are pretty close to equalling Smyth value-wise. A third coming from Edmonton and it would be all equal.

Closed Thread