HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

FLA/SJ Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
  #1
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
FLA/SJ Proposal

With wingers like Rob GLobke, Greg Campbell, Huselius, Bure, Shvidki, and ANthony Stewart, Viktor Kozlov seems like he is expendable especially with Olli Jokinen succeeding without him lately. After watching the youngstars game, I was extremely impressed with Christian Erhoff. Is there any way SJ would deal him? With SJ headed to the playoffs, a player like Kozlov could set up Marleau and Kozlov plays wing and center. A guy like Erhoff could fit right in with guys like Bouwmeester, VanRyn, Novak, Krajicek, Mezei, etc....
Kreps is a future 2nd/3rd line center with great skills. What type of style does Erhoff play? Physical? Offensive??
Here's my proposal.

TO SJ

Viktor Kozlov, Kamil Kreps

for

TO FLA

Brad Boyes, Christian Erhoff, 3rd rounder

Kreps is a solid second rounder who could've gone in the first round although he had a slow start.

Am I asking for too little? I'm pretty sure I'm not asking for too much.

Opinions???

PanthersRule96 is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 05:38 PM
  #2
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
i dont see the sharks doing this. I too have liked ehrnoff. I saw him against the wings a few wks back and he was stellar. He played awesome for a rookie, i was extremly impressed, which comes to the issues of i highly doubt the sharks would trade him. With a top 4 of rathje, stuart, hannan and ehrnoff, i highly doubt they would break it up. All are very good and not too old. Kozlov was already a shark at 1 point so i dont see him going back. Kreps would be OK, but i think they the sharks would rather keep boyes, inless he's been a upset since comming over, which i havent heard about.

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 06:26 PM
  #3
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987
 
Jeff Shafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,381
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I like him as well, But I doubt San Jose would trade him for the reason because there gellin this season and might not wanna mess anything up but I'd be up for it if the Sharks were. Would be quite interesting seeing Kozlov in a sharks uniform again..

Jeff Shafer is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 06:31 PM
  #4
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,398
vCash: 500
U are asking for too much. See my post on the sharks board, but Ehrhoff has 2/3 potential, while boyes could be a second lier. Kozlov, who is not needed, makes 2.3 million. Kreps is a speedy forward, and although his passing and vision skills may come in handy, the sharks have plenty of fast players. I would look for Anthony Stewart + mid round pick for Ehrhoff, at least. All that aside, the sharks would not trade Ehrhoff. They have alot of potential 3/4/5/6/7s, but only Stuart and Ehrhoff could be 1/2 Defensman.

1.Stuart-pot 1
2Hannan
3.Rathje
4.Mclaren
5.Ehrhoff-pot 1/2/3
6.Preissing-pot 3/4
7.Davison-pot 5/6
8.Fahey- pot 3/4
9.Stafford-pot 3/4
10.Murray-pot 4/5
11.Carle-pot 3/4
12.Spang-pot 4/5
13.Maata-longshot
14. Gorges-pot 4/5
14.Fibiger-pot 6/7

OrrNumber4 is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 06:34 PM
  #5
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
This isn't a knock on Ehrhoff, but he's not the type of player Florida needs. He would be more redundancy with Novak and Van Ryn as solid two way defensemen, with a knack for the offensive side. Florida needs to find a punishing defenseman and stay away from these young offensively gifted d-men. They need someone who can clear the crease and open up sight lines for Luongo. Ehrhoff won't do that. Right now, there are too many Florida fans with stars in their eyes and no way of grabbin them.

Clash* is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 06:35 PM
  #6
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10
U are asking for too much. See my post on the sharks board, but Ehrhoff has 2/3 potential, while boyes could be a second lier. Kozlov, who is not needed, makes 2.3 million. Kreps is a speedy forward, and although his passing and vision skills may come in handy, the sharks have plenty of fast players. I would look for Anthony Stewart + mid round pick for Ehrhoff, at least. All that aside, the sharks would not trade Ehrhoff. They have alot of potential 3/4/5/6/7s, but only Stuart and Ehrhoff could be 1/2 Defensman.

1.Stuart-pot 1
2Hannan
3.Rathje
4.Mclaren
5.Ehrhoff-pot 1/2/3
6.Preissing-pot 3/4
7.Davison-pot 5/6
8.Fahey- pot 3/4
9.Stafford-pot 3/4
10.Murray-pot 4/5
11.Carle-pot 3/4
12.Spang-pot 4/5
13.Maata-longshot
14. Gorges-pot 4/5
14.Fibiger-pot 6/7
If anyone is askin too much, its you feelin it'll take Stewart AND a pick of any nature. Stewart by himself maybe, but as I just said, Florida has no need For Ehrhoff and his style of play.

Clash* is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 06:43 PM
  #7
OrrNumber4
Registered User
 
OrrNumber4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
If anyone is askin too much, its you feelin it'll take Stewart AND a pick of any nature. Stewart by himself maybe, but as I just said, Florida has no need For Ehrhoff and his style of play.
mid round pick, like 3/4, and yes I think it would be necessary, because Ehrhoff is so vital to the sharks.

Davison or Murray + pick for Stewart


It would never happen, but both of them hit hard, and are very good defensively. Only, they will probably never get more than 20 points in a season.

i would love to get Novak.

OrrNumber4 is offline  
Old
02-08-2004, 07:00 PM
  #8
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10
I would look for Anthony Stewart + mid round pick for Ehrhoff, at least. All that aside, the sharks would not trade Ehrhoff.
I'd rather just keep Stewart if I was Florida.

McDonald19 is online now  
Old
02-08-2004, 08:42 PM
  #9
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
I think Kozlov still can put up numbers so we might want to keep him even though i would love to see Boyes in a Cats uniform

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 10:42 AM
  #10
Shark Attack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Kozlov left SJ and the door hit him on the way out. SJ fans would not tolerate him a second time. He was a floater back then with little passion for the game, however being in the west we don't see him much. Since he is currently injured and out indefinitely, I think we can probably rule him out anyway.

Chomp, Chomp

Shark Attack is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:04 AM
  #11
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10
I would look for Anthony Stewart + mid round pick for Ehrhoff, at least.
I hope you're kidding. Stewart has more value than Ehrhoff.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:26 AM
  #12
Shark Attack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
I hope you're kidding. Stewart has more value than Ehrhoff.
Maybe from FLA's perspective, however I believe that most SJ fans would disagree with that, regardless SJ is quite happy with Ehrhoff and wont be dealing him. We shall just see how both players turn out....


CHomp, CHomp

Shark Attack is offline  
Old
02-09-2004, 11:45 AM
  #13
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack
Maybe from FLA's perspective, however I believe that most SJ fans would disagree with that, regardless SJ is quite happy with Ehrhoff and wont be dealing him. We shall just see how both players turn out....


CHomp, CHomp
While I agree that Ehrhoff is valuable to SJ and Stewart valuable to FL, I still think its harder to find a good PF prospect like Stewart compared to a solid 2/3 all-around d-man in Ehrhoff. FL would much rather keep Stewart over acquiring Ehrhoff. Personally I would compare Novak to Ehrhoff (except that Ehrhoff is contributing now) with the slight edge to Christian.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
02-10-2004, 07:44 AM
  #14
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
While I agree that Ehrhoff is valuable to SJ and Stewart valuable to FL, I still think its harder to find a good PF prospect like Stewart compared to a solid 2/3 all-around d-man in Ehrhoff. FL would much rather keep Stewart over acquiring Ehrhoff. Personally I would compare Novak to Ehrhoff (except that Ehrhoff is contributing now) with the slight edge to Christian.
agree

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.