HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread: Devils @ Rangers - Game 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2008, 04:29 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 500
look at the state the devils get in just now, times that by x10 when fatty marty retires they will be suicidal and we will be there to revel in there pain

i really hope we can end this series in game 5 at our home away from home the prudential center,

the nhl should be more embarrassed about the performance of the officials more than they ever should have been regarding the avery incident.

Last edited by z1co80: 04-17-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old
04-17-2008, 04:49 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
look at the state the devils get in just now, times that by x10 when fatty marty retires they will be suicidal and we will be there to revel in there pain

i really hope we can end this series in game 5 at our home away from home the prudential center,

the nhl should be more embarrassed about the performance of the officials more than they ever should have been regarding the avery incident.
You're mean

Old
04-17-2008, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveskirtun View Post
You're mean
Have you seen some of the things written on your board about the Rangers?

Old
04-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
great job rangers!!!! WAY TO GO UP 3-1 IN THE SERIES!!!! NOW GO IN FOR THE KILL!!!!!!! BIG GAME FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!

Old
04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
TheZherdev

somthing that has gotten unnoticed in this game... Jagr had 10 yes 10 SOG! Love seeing him finally firing the damn thing.

Old
04-17-2008, 09:15 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
"I guess we have find a way to do the same thing to their goalie," Devils forward Jay Pandolfo said. "They are getting away with it, we should be able to get away with it, too."
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234480&l...s=secStory_nhl

Quote:
Devs coach Brent Sutter, disputing the diving call on Brodeur. "I guess it's a penalty. The video shows otherwise."
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Quote:
You watch again and again as the hometown players take up residence in Brodeur's crease, invading his personal space with such force the Devils kept waiting for penalties that never came. You listen as the Ranger faithful mercilessly taunt Brodeur with their "Marty, Marty" chants, never louder than when Brodeur is whistled for a second-period diving penalty, never more mockingly than when he doesn't get a call in a later collision with Jaromir Jagr.
I guess his personal space is 4 feet above the crease now too?

Did anyone else notice like Brodeur got shot in the face after Jagr clipped him after he tried to avoid contact? Did anyone else see that or am i just totally biased here??

This is too funny.

This has got to be the first instance ive EVER seen Jagr go to the net like that on Brodeur in dozens and dozens of games against the Devils... please.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Br...eeds_help.html

Quote:
Sullivan: Devils in hole, Brodeur needs help
Brodeur needs help now? I thought he was the best goaltender of all-time, it doesnt matter what kind of system his team plays, or the level of shots he faces right? He stops everything right?

Now all of a sudden he needs help? I thought he was the Hart winner this year, a lock for the Vezina? Why should the greatest goalie of all time need any "Help" ? He's never gotten it before according to some Devils fans...

Funny...

I can't wait until the ****ing series is over with. I can't stand this rivalry, I can't stand Brodeur's antics, Sutters post-game comments (he never once gave any credit to the Rangers), the new jersey media's reaction and their fans...

I just want it all to end and move on.

PLEASE.

BURY THIS TEAM AND MOVE ON.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 04-17-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old
04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
somthing that has gotten unnoticed in this game... Jagr had 10 yes 10 SOG! Love seeing him finally firing the damn thing.
when's the last time we saw Jagr fly down the left side and let go a slapshot? have we ever seen it?
I love it

Old
04-17-2008, 09:26 AM
BlueBlooded

Send a message via AIM to BlueBlooded
I think it's all a bit ridiculous especially considering that Parise knocked Lundqvist's stick directly out of his hands on the third goal. No two ways around it, it was a blatant penalty that didn't get called. Devils have no right to ***** about anything. I really hope we bury these ****ing crybabies Friday.

Old
04-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Balej20*

I was just walking down the street with my Rangers' jersey on and a guy in a Referee Uniform called me for Goaltender Interference. When I turned around, I saw Brodeur on the ground holding his head.

Old
04-17-2008, 09:31 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I was just walking down the street with my Rangers' jersey on and a guy in a Referee Uniform called me for Goaltender Interference. When I turned around, I saw Brodeur on the ground holding his head.

And good point whoever said it above me, on Jagr firing so many shots... He's looking better than he has all season. Could he have picked a better time to peak?

It's just pain.
Old
04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
That is outstanding.

Old
04-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Levitate

The Devils acting like the Rangers are getting away with murder out there is amusing, at least.

The Rangers ARE taking it to Brodeur, but it's as bad as the Devils and their fans are making it out to be.

Sjostrom is pushed into Brodeur, "oh no his personal space is being invaded!". Jagr is pushed and slightly bumps Brodeur, "oh no, that's a penalty, the replays show it!"

It's really just a sign of a frustrated team and fanbase

edit: And I also can't understand why Devils fans aren't at least a little more critical of their coach playing a 36 year old goalie almost 80 games this season. I don't think it affects Marty's physical stamina that much, but he looks a little tired mentally and is letting in some goals that he should normally be saving. All those games are going to catch up to him at some point and I wouldn't be surprised if it's starting to happen now. Yeah, maybe if the team in front of him was better it wouldn't be a problem, but didn't he also start like 40 something games in a row to end the season?

Last edited by Levitate: 04-17-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old
04-17-2008, 10:00 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Did anyone else notice like Brodeur got shot in the face after Jagr clipped him after he tried to avoid contact? Did anyone else see that or am i just totally biased here??
Yeah, I saw that. It was ridiculously obvious. I don't know what video Sutter is watching. Jagr bumped him then blowdeur flung himself to the ice and tore off his own helmet. He lay there for a minute trying to sell it then got up crying for a penalty.

The penalty against us early in the third was awful too. I don't remember which debbie it was, but the stick barely touched his legs before he launched himself through the air. Greg Louganis would have been proud. Even the Russian judge gave it a 10.

More and more the debbies are becoming a reflection of their coach, and that's not a good thing.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:03 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yeah, I saw that. It was ridiculously obvious. I don't know what video Sutter is watching. Jagr bumped him then blowdeur flung himself to the ice and tore off his own helmet. He lay there for a minute trying to sell it then got up crying for a penalty.

The penalty against us early in the third was awful too. I don't remember which debbie it was, but the stick barely touched his legs before he launched himself through the air. Greg Louganis would have been proud. Even the Russian judge gave it a 10.

More and more the debbies are becoming a reflection of their coach, and that's not a good thing.
That was Madden, after Girardi got beat.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Dawes is picking his spots. He nearly slid that puck UNDER Marty's blocker, but Marty got the stick down just in time. It was a nice play.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
The way Rupp and others were cross checking, then pinning down, Rangers in front of the crease was ridiculous. But, I think the refs pretty much just swallowed the whistles in the 3rd.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The Devils acting like the Rangers are getting away with murder out there is amusing, at least.

The Rangers ARE taking it to Brodeur, but it's as bad as the Devils and their fans are making it out to be.

Sjostrom is pushed into Brodeur, "oh no his personal space is being invaded!". Jagr is pushed and slightly bumps Brodeur, "oh no, that's a penalty, the replays show it!"

It's really just a sign of a frustrated team and fanbase

edit: And I also can't understand why Devils fans aren't at least a little more critical of their coach playing a 36 year old goalie almost 80 games this season. I don't think it affects Marty's physical stamina that much, but he looks a little tired mentally and is letting in some goals that he should normally be saving. All those games are going to catch up to him at some point and I wouldn't be surprised if it's starting to happen now. Yeah, maybe if the team in front of him was better it wouldn't be a problem, but didn't he also start like 40 something games in a row to end the season?
Bingo.

04-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

Seemed pretty clear to me that Jagr was also being checked by a defenseman. He didn't really have anywhere else to go at that point and still barely bumped Brodeur. It was a very good no call against Jagr because Marty's own defenseman caused the contact.

And yeah I remember thinking that call on Girardi was a little suspect, but not really surprised or upset it was called.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
I honestly have no problem with Dawes, he's getting chances and you must be doing something right to get a chance to score. It's gonna go in the net sooner or later for Dawes. I think some of you are really overreacting about his play, when calling him "invisible". Let's not forget he was a beast when next to gomez....he never played with drury until late in the season. He's with drury in the play-offs, and well, drury isn't as good a set-up man as Gomez. Dawes needs the puck on his tape to make plays, and well Drury isn't really that guy, Gomez is.

Drury is a guy who pulls the tirgger, likes to shoot. Tom is using Dawes as a set-up man on that line with drury and callahan. He wants Dawes to be the playmaker on the line, with two shooters in cally and drury. We know that Dawes has the vision to produce nice passes, he finds the lanes. That's been proven when he was playing with gomer and shanny, he's set-up shanny a few times. It may work, but so far they've done damage with forecheck and battles along the boards, not plays where dawes feeds them the puck. Maybe flipping Avery and Dawes isn't a bad idea either. That way Straka stays with his buddy Jagr. Gomez and Dawes are together, and avery on a line with dru and cally..all relentless forecheckers.
Happy Birfday today !

Old
04-17-2008, 10:36 AM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Agree, Does anyone know if they have any young goalies in their minor league system or prospects in juniors/ncaa/europe?

Old
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
bumrusherer

Let the Devils whine, fellas. They have nothing to bring to the series except a heavy forecheck.

We have handled it so far and there is no reason to think that we wont continue to handle it.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Mrpuck

The difference in this series really has been all about the goal-tending.
Lundqvist has been the difference where as Marty is giving up soft goals every game.

Even with Lundqvist playing poorly last night imo. He saved the game late a few times after it was 3-3.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
JR#9*

Marty is the biggest POS going in the NHL.

Devil fans want to whine about Avery and integrity which was 100% right but how about having the balls to say that the great Marty Brodiver makes just as big a mockery of the game with his flopping!!!

It's disgusting and should be beneath a guy who wants to make a run at best goalie ever but integrity and character have never been high on the list when it comes to Marty and that is why he is so despised.

And the lengths that Devil homers go through to defend him is beyond ridiculous.Sure we had a few trying to defend Avery's nonsense but most chaled it up to what it was, bush league, yet these guys can't admit what a spineless POS Marty is and since they have harped nonstop about the game's intergrity how about admitting that Brodiver's nonsense makes a mockery of the game.

And Sutter is a joke as well.The better team is winning fair and square and he can't even give any credit to us as well as whining about how Marty is being run which is just a joke and makes him look like a moron as well.

I hope they wrap it up on Friday because I'm sick of the Devils and all their b^^&%% and moaning.

Old
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Loved last nighst game, had a bit of everything. Not a great win but a win is a win is a win is a win in the playoffs.

Yeah the refs suck, what else is new, didnt stop me from enjoying the game at all, you guys should try watching with the sound off, or just dont take it that seriously, calls will happen against both teams eventually.

Now we have to put them away at the pebble

Old
04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
DontStepanMe

Just a quick thought.

Did the Lundy or anybody complain to the refs about his stick swiped out from him? I don't remember but I don't think he did. If that was Brodeur he would have been all over the official like he was a donut.

Closed Thread