HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game Thread: Devils @ Rangers - Game 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Marty is the biggest POS going in the NHL.

Devil fans want to whine about Avery and integrity which was 100% right but how about having the balls to say that the great Marty Brodiver makes just as big a mockery of the game with his flopping!!!

It's disgusting and should be beneath a guy who wants to make a run at best goalie ever but integrity and character have never been high on the list when it comes to Marty and that is why he is so despised.

And the lengths that Devil homers go through to defend him is beyond ridiculous.Sure we had a few trying to defend Avery's nonsense but most chaled it up to what it was, bush league, yet these guys can't admit what a spineless POS Marty is and since they have harped nonstop about the game's intergrity how about admitting that Brodiver's nonsense makes a mockery of the game.

And Sutter is a joke as well.The better team is winning fair and square and he can't even give any credit to us as well as whining about how Marty is being run which is just a joke and makes him look like a moron as well.

I hope they wrap it up on Friday because I'm sick of the Devils and all their b^^&%% and moaning.
People defend Avery because his shenanigans are cheeky and fun. Brodeur's shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Just a quick thought.

Did the Lundy or anybody complain to the refs about his stick swiped out from him? I don't remember but I don't think he did. If that was Brodeur he would have been all over the official like he was a donut.
There wasn't a stoppage in play until they scored, and at that point it was too late.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
There wasn't a stoppage in play until they scored, and at that point it was too late.
that's what I mean. after the goal I don't recollect him complaining to the refs. Brodeur would have jumped on them, as well as sutter, and every other devil.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
that's what I mean. after the goal I don't recollect him complaining to the refs. Brodeur would have jumped on them, as well as sutter, and every other devil.
I think Renney has really urged the "turn the other cheek" model, which I think will serve the Rangers better over the long-haul. Refs don't like it when players and coaches get in their face, and if the NYR just quietly go about winning despite non-calls, the refs will take notice. Look at how all season long, Shanny or Drury would civilly go and talk about something with a ref. That is what helps long term, not screaming and slamming your stick on the ice.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Levitate

The Versus announcers said that Lundqvist was giving it to the officials after that play, I think. And honestly he should say something after they miss something that blatant. I don't like guys who whine all the time (Avery), but sometimes it is justified

Old
04-17-2008, 11:32 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I think Renney has really urged the "turn the other cheek" model, which I think will serve the Rangers better over the long-haul. Refs don't like it when players and coaches get in their face, and if the NYR just quietly go about winning despite non-calls, the refs will take notice. Look at how all season long, Shanny or Drury would civilly go and talk about something with a ref. That is what helps long term, not screaming and slamming your stick on the ice.
completely agree with you. I was just curious if he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
The Versus announcers said that Lundqvist was giving it to the officials after that play, I think. And honestly he should say something after they miss something that blatant. I don't like guys who whine all the time (Avery), but sometimes it is justified
Thanks.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Lundqvist said(on the Rangers post-game show) the ref skated away from him when he started complaining about Parise slashing/knocking the stick out of his hands.

That piece of **** Fischler said the Parise slash wasn't a big deal.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Levitate

Yeah what the hell is going on with Fischler. Didn't someone else mentioned he got into a big argument over Brodeur diving as well?

You know, the Rangers could have played better D on that sequence, and Lundqvist could have made the stop anyways, but it really was just irritating as hell to see something that blatant not get called.

Old
04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah what the hell is going on with Fischler. Didn't someone else mentioned he got into a big argument over Brodeur diving as well?

You know, the Rangers could have played better D on that sequence, and Lundqvist could have made the stop anyways, but it really was just irritating as hell to see something that blatant not get called.
Coming right after Avery was pinned to the ice by a defenseman in front of Brodeur, no less. I'm not the type to endlessly ***** about the reffing, but as you said, it was frustrating as hell.

It's just pain.
Old
04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Forechecker

Quote:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the MSG producers are asking the "heads" to take more strident positions to try create SOME kind of interesting discussion.

Old
04-17-2008, 12:00 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I love how the Devils and their fans whine like little babies when their team loses. More reasons why the Devils are and always will be a Mickey Mouse Organization. Then again, I think Mickey has more class than the Devils.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old
04-17-2008, 12:16 PM
blue2noise

Quote:

edit: And I also can't understand why Devils fans aren't at least a little more critical of their coach playing a 36 year old goalie almost 80 games this season. I don't think it affects Marty's physical stamina that much, but he looks a little tired mentally and is letting in some goals that he should normally be saving. All those games are going to catch up to him at some point and I wouldn't be surprised if it's starting to happen now. Yeah, maybe if the team in front of him was better it wouldn't be a problem, but didn't he also start like 40 something games in a row to end the season?
They are. There is an entire thread about it over there.

Old
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post

Jagr kills Martyy. The Garden crowd is priceless!
i dont get the anouncer why do they have to act like martina didnt dive

oh ya he got his neck snaped they can't tell that was a dam DIVE

Last edited by RANGERS2448: 04-17-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old
04-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post

oh ya he got his neck snaped they can tell that was a dam DIVE
Or unsportsmanlike conduct for removing his helmet?

Old
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post

oh ya he got his neck snaped they can't tell that was a dam DIVE
To be fair, one of them does say "and Brodeur tries to sell it" at the very beginning.

Old
04-17-2008, 01:36 PM
ThirdEye

Can someone edit that video and put a picture of a sniper just before Brodeur flops? Man that would be awesome

Old
04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

sums it all up...

Old
04-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
The heck with Brodeur we all know he's a diver, he was called on a less blatant attempt earlier. Much more interesting to talk about how Marc Staal absolutely gave it to him with that beautiful slapper to win the game.

Old
04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Old
04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Lundqvist said(on the Rangers post-game show) the ref skated away from him when he started complaining about Parise slashing/knocking the stick out of his hands.

That piece of **** Fischler said the Parise slash wasn't a big deal.
Refs should have assessed the penalty, but I disagree that missing stick would matter on the perfect shot that went over Lundqvist's right shoulder. If anything the non-call could affect his mind somewhat, but he squared up against the shot correctly. Most of the butterfly goalies do not cover top corners.

Old
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
otterulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Refs should have assessed the penalty, but I disagree that missing stick would matter on the perfect shot that went over Lundqvist's right shoulder. If anything the non-call could affect his mind somewhat, but he squared up against the shot correctly. Most of the butterfly goalies do not cover top corners.
I think it's also possible it was hard for the refs to see Parise knock the stick out of his hands. I personally didn't see it when the play happened, thinking that there just seemed to be contact since Hank tried to clear the puck and didn't have a strong grip on his stick. Even on the replays I had to look for hard to see Parise take a whack at it.

I think that's a forgiveable miss. I think the more obvious ones like Gomez getting tripped up are a lot less forgiveable.

Old
04-17-2008, 03:33 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
I think it's also possible it was hard for the refs to see Parise knock the stick out of his hands. I personally didn't see it when the play happened, thinking that there just seemed to be contact since Hank tried to clear the puck and didn't have a strong grip on his stick. Even on the replays I had to look for hard to see Parise take a whack at it.

I think that's a forgiveable miss. I think the more obvious ones like Gomez getting tripped up are a lot less forgiveable.
its more forgiveable than that walker boarding against Gomez ealier in the season.

Old
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Forechecker

The real problem with that goal was Rangers D not clearing out the Devils!

A funny quote from Jagr from Zipay's blog:

Quote:
Marc Staal, who scored the winner in Game 4, has a bruised left foot from a shot and was told to rest. Coach Tom Renney said he would be 100 percent for Game 5. Every other player skated. "He (Staal) scores the game-winning goal and he takes the day off,” Jaromir Jagr quipped. “All the old guys have to practice. Maybe we should score.”

Old
04-17-2008, 03:43 PM
2Leetch_94

Quote:
The real problem with that goal was Rangers D not clearing out the Devils!

A funny quote from Jagr from Zipay's blog:

Yeah Jagr, go out and score three goals on Friday. Then you get a nice rest until round two.

Old
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Yeah Jagr, go out and score three goals on Friday. Then you get a nice rest until round two.
This guy is something else (Jagr). Here's to the captain!

Closed Thread