HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC's Scott Moore and Habs Coverage

Old
04-18-2008, 05:40 AM
m00ks

vCash: 500
As many have said it's not even about the quantity of the coverage anymore, it's the quality. I'm predominantly anglophone but I stick to RDS. Used to hate watching it in french, but I guess I got used to it. Recently, I tried watching a CBC broadcast of the Habs and I just got alienated. Cole made me feel like I was watching another team.

What made RDS interesting for me was that they knew the players as well as their tendencies. Biased much? Sure. But they know absolutely everything that's going on in the team, that's appreciated. It's specific and you don't get the feel of a "generalized" commentary like HNIC now feels for me. Hearing "Andrei Kostopoulos" just amplifies that feeling.

Doesn't help that PJ & Cherry are obviously anti-Habs (even worst that we're playing Boston). Don can praise the players, but it's clear that he hates the team. Another turn-off.

I love watching the Habs on TSN though and I would always tune in. Great hockey guys and personalities to boot.

HNIC, I just gave up on which is a shame cuz I grew up watching it but I think I'll stick to RDS. Feels "right".

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
CBCnutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
HNIC, I just gave up on which is a shame cuz I grew up watching it but I think I'll stick to RDS. Feels "right".
I understand how you feel. However, if the CBC does show the Habs on HNIC every Saturday next season, I will certainly be more than happy to watch those games on the CBC.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 04:30 PM
CBCnutcase

William Houston writes about how RDS beat the CBC in the ratings by half a million viewers during game 5 of the Bruins\Canadiens series. Reasons are given on why people have switched to RDS.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...rtsHockey/home

Old
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
The one thing we can all agree

the CBC sucks

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCnutcase View Post
William Houston writes about how RDS beat the CBC in the ratings by half a million viewers during game 5 of the Bruins\Canadiens series. Reasons are given on why people have switched to RDS.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...rtsHockey/home
This quote from that story says it all...

Quote:
Today, the CBC doesn't have a consistent Habs voice because it doesn't consistently air Habs games.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2008, 11:35 PM
CBCnutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
The one thing we can all agree, the CBC sucks
Exactly and so will the Leafs. Pat Hickey in Saturday's Gazette wrote "someone in the CBC hierarchy realized that, at their current pace, the Leafs are going to suck for a long time."

There are many excellent points Hickey makes, http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/column...olumnists.atom

Old
04-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
IMO the thing that hurts CBC the most is Mr. Cole. He is a broadcasting legend, but is way past his prime. Clearly he doesn't have the league wide knowledge anymore and that is irritating. Anybody who has watched CBC's coverage of Pittsburgh - Ottawa or seen the late games notices the HUGE difference between Hughson and Cole.

And hiring P.J Stock wasn't a brilliant move either IMO. There are MUCH better analysts out there who would be more objective and offer better insight. Just within their own team, Kelly Hrudey, is a TON better than P.J.

I expect Bob Cole to retire after this season, I hope so anyone and I really really look forward to listen to Jim Hughson, who I think is brilliant, best in the business right now.

Funny how different people see things differently, isn't it?...I don't think Hughson is bad or anthing, But I do find him a tad on the boring side after a while...his biggest problem is the lack of genuine emotion that he brings to the show...he calls it fairly accurately but too much on the bland side...I, too, saw great potential in him when I first herd him a number of years ago and was kind of excited with the prospect of a budding rising star in broadcasting...But today, many years after, he basically has remained stagnant and has not matured at all into an exciting broadcaster...and I can't see that changing now since he has many years of experience behind him...but I hope I'm wrong, because we need really good broadcasters to replace legends like Cole.

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote